dak4n6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to post the article below.  I really expect better from a BIG 10 Team then to have a typo in the school name on a jersey.

19fbc9a0-0dc6-11ec-a7d7-969bfa6b4fcc

The “Indinia” Hoosiers got off to a brutal start on Saturday afternoon in Iowa City.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, StuM said:

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to post the article below.  I really expect better from a BIG 10 Team then to have a typo in the school name on a jersey.

But is it worse than someone writing "then" instead of "than" in a thread about spelling and grammatical errors?

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

8 minutes ago, Shorty said:

But is it worse than someone writing "then" instead of "than" in a thread about spelling and grammatical errors?

Priceless!

27 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Can I plead the 5th and not answer?

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

10 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You can say you went to Chicago public schools like @ChetlovesMer!

OMG, was my error that bad?

I think I would rather just admit my guilt and ask for mercy from the grammar police before claiming the Chicago School defense. 

Edited by StuM

Stuart M.

8 hours ago, dennyjones said:

You can say you went to Chicago public schools like @ChetlovesMer!

8 hours ago, StuM said:

OMG, was my error that bad?

I think I would rather just admit my guilt and ask for mercy from the grammar police before claiming the Chicago School defense. 

We all have our crosses to bear... bare.... bear... hmm.... DAMNED YOU, Ch!cago Publ!c Sch00l! 🤪

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

10 hours ago, StuM said:

19fbc9a0-0dc6-11ec-a7d7-969bfa6b4fcc

The “Indinia” Hoosiers got off to a brutal start on Saturday afternoon in Iowa City.

I’ve been to Indiana many times. Indinia sounds better.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...
285aa50159d542086f8717d2ceeced6d.jpg

Spot the wrong sentence: Can she get one for you and I? You and me are going on vacation.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

22 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
285aa50159d542086f8717d2ceeced6d.jpg

Spot the wrong sentence: Can she get one for you and I? You and me are going on vacation.

Fifty years from now, many of these will be accepted as standard English.  And they forgot “could of” instead of “could have.”

I’m still trying to get used to changes in meanings. I’ve heard/read “infamous” and “notorious” referring to positive traits several times in recent months.

Don’t even get me started on pronunciation. :yucky:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

9 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

And they forgot “could of” instead of “could have.”

Well the article is discussing proper use of proper words, phrases and when to use each one. ‘Could of’ is never proper.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Well the article is discussing proper use of proper words, phrases and when to use each one. ‘Could of’ is never proper.

How about shouldah, wouldah, couldah?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Does anyone else get annoyed at the incorrect usage and/or over usage of "literally"? Why does someone think they need to tell you "I literally just arrived." when you saw them come in the door? It makes me want to "figuratively" jump off a bridge.

2 hours ago, KMP said:

Does anyone else get annoyed at the incorrect usage and/or over usage of "literally"? Why does someone think they need to tell you "I literally just arrived." when you saw them come in the door? It makes me want to "figuratively" jump off a bridge.

It is overused quite a bit.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Tears for Fears' Mad World, spelled Made World.

Image from iOS.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, KMP said:

Yes, I do.

But linguists are already telling us that the meaning has changed, and that we old codgers need to just accept it, because "very" and "really" went through this same change years ago--and now it's litterally's turn.  The definition now includes "used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true."

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4