IGNORED

What Do You Do When Your Playing Bad Golf?

golf55
Note: This thread is 3366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just started round and you make tripple boogy, double, tripple, boogy. You feel tired and not having any fun. Do you quit or finish round no matter how crappy you feel?

I've never actually made boogy before, bogeys yes, but I'm fairly sure never any boogies. My 16 month old daughter had some boogies this evening but we took care of that with some kleenex. lol

The answer the question about starting the round off poorly, I never quit. A couple years ago I started the first round of a tournament off by hitting my first two drives OB. Made a lovely quadruple bogey. I wanted to quit but glad I didn't as I went -7 over the next 35 holes.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

.I always finish but I have seen guys walk off the golf course.I had a really bad round once about 8 years ago didn't have a good short game extra long golf course and shot a really bad round and didn't want to play thinking about quitting the game. .my chip shots were steep and chop and stop that was the only game I knew I never practiced my short game so I didn't have one. got a call from a friend while I was walking up 18.he offered to buy my round on a special track out near where he lived and I told him I did not feel like playing the game that's how bad I felt.

Play more bad golf....

Have a quick mental session to review what you're doing or not doing, focus, and have patience.

Forget about the score ... find your game.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Ha I wanted to quit today, it was flogging down with rain and I just wiped a hole. Ended up coming in with 35 points for best on the day. Not super awesome score, but ill take it. But I don't think I'll ever quit. Just keep playing crappy golf lol

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Play more bad golf....

Have a quick mental session to review what you're doing or not doing, focus, and have patience.

Forget about the score ... find your game.

Absolutely correct. Take the time on the course to work on things if you completely blew the round. Live practice is really the only way to get value from a crappy round.

Originally Posted by NM Golf

I've never actually made boogy before, bogeys yes, but I'm fairly sure never any boogies. My 16 month old daughter had some boogies this evening but we took care of that with some kleenex. lol

The answer the question about starting the round off poorly, I never quit. A couple years ago I started the first round of a tournament off by hitting my first two drives OB. Made a lovely quadruple bogey. I wanted to quit but glad I didn't as I went -7 over the next 35 holes.

Thats staying with it!!!

Originally Posted by golf55

I gave up after the 9th. Did it again today. sometimes I feel like I have no talent

If you have time for 18, take it. Take the opportunity to work out your kinks. Remember you are not playing in a tourney or any competition. Use that time you have on the course wisely, you might be surprised about what you find.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Don't give up, keep fighting. You never know when a round will turn around. At the very least, playing out the round is good practice grinding it out when you don't have your A game.

Keep playing. Even though you score may be blown from your expectations, you can still hit some shots that will keep you coming back.

Keep playing on work on correcting issues.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Forget the last hole, don't think about the next hole, stay in the present on the shot you're about to hit. The results will be at the end of the round.

Originally Posted by golf55

Just started round and you make tripple boogy, double, tripple, boogy. You feel tired and not having any fun. Do you quit or finish round no matter how crappy you feel?

I rarely quit - don't really consider it unless there are multiple reasons like slow play, weather turns bad, I don't feel well, etc., but just bad scoring is not a reason for me to give up.  I've had some terrible starts which I turned into good rounds (start 6 over through 3, then shoot just 2 over on the next 15 holes for a total of 80), and I've had some bad starts which got worse (take a 12 and a 10 on consecutive holes in the club championship, par 5 sixth and par 4 seventh on my way to 104 that day, while carrying a 10 handicap).

Part of the game of golf is learning how to deal with adversity.  You can shoot a great round and still get beat by a guy who happens to pick that day to shoot even better.  You can hit what appears to be a perfect shot only to find the ball in an impossible lie because of a weird bounce.  If you are going to play the game properly, then you learn to accept whatever happens, make the best of it, and play on.  If you don't learn to accept adversity, then you will spend a lot of time pissed off and frustrated.

• Upvote 2

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I rarely quit - don't really consider it unless there are multiple reasons like slow play, weather turns bad, I don't feel well, etc., but just bad scoring is not a reason for me to give up.  I've had some terrible starts which I turned into good rounds (start 6 over through 3, then shoot just 2 over on the next 15 holes for a total of 80), and I've had some bad starts which got worse (take a 12 and a 10 on consecutive holes in the club championship, par 5 sixth and par 4 seventh on my way to 104 that day, while carrying a 10 handicap).   Part of the game of golf is learning how to deal with adversity.  You can shoot a great round and still get beat by a guy who happens to pick that day to shoot even better.  You can hit what appears to be a perfect shot only to find the ball in an impossible lie because of a weird bounce.  If you are going to play the game properly, then you learn to accept whatever happens, make the best of it, and play on.  If you don't learn to accept adversity, then you will spend a lot of time pissed off and frustrated.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^ If you play any tournament golf, or even a little competitive golf with your buddies, you're going to have to work through the tough spots. No need to try to fix a swing that's gone south in the middle of a round, but you need to be able to adjust your game to it and figure out how to score nonetheless. Another reason that match play is such a great format. One bad hole is nothing more than one bad hole.....

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yesterday I played the front nine horrendously, lost about 8 balls.  Confidence was very low.  Then on nine I made a couple adjustments (that I should have made earlier), hit some good shots, and got some confidence back.  Played much better on the back nine... until I blew up on 16 and 17.  lol

I love to hate this damn game.

I actually walked off the course yesterday. Just didn't feel right and I was playing terrible. My body wasn't working and I was fearful I may injure myself so I bailed with two holes to go. Woke up today with two sore fingers on the left hand.

Dave :-)

I always finish.  I had a round like this on Wednesday.  I think my best score on a hole was a double bogey.  I did sink 3 putts that were over 20 feet, which kind of made me forget that I couldnt find a fairway or green even if it had a flashing neon sign on it.

I dont really get mad on days like that because I always remind myself that I play golf for fun, not to make a living and that Im not good enough at this game to get made about it.  In the grand scheme of things, a bad round of golf is pretty meaningless.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 3366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!