IGNORED

Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Didn't Rose say his career mirrors that of Adam Scott? He called it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Kinda, i think adam scott had much more hype since he was an american golfer, and his swing resembled Tiger's when Tiger was in his prime.

I'm glad he won, he played spectacularly down the stretch. Phil couldn't buy a putt, he had about 6 putts that didn't fall, he could have won this by 3-4 strokes.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Kinda, i think adam scott had much more hype since he was an american golfer, and his swing resembled Tiger's when Tiger was in his prime.

Scott is Australian.

So how long before he becomes "Sir" Justin Rose?

When he becomes known as Justin "6 Majors" Rose

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Couldn't be happier for Rose. As much as we would've loved to see lefty win it was really nice to see Rose win that major.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I enjoyed the golf more on Saturday. There were way too many errors today. Justin limited his mistakes and deserved to win.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Hat's off to Justin Rose.

Best thing is that it was won by a player with a proper putting stroke.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

When he becomes known as Justin "6 Majors" Rose

I dunno. 'Sir' Nick never won a US Open. Justin may have already done enough for the Brits to deify him.

I said earlier in the week that the best driver of the golf ball stood a great chance of taking the title, and that Justin Rose led the tour in total driving. Rose's week: 75% of fairways hit (field average: 62.18%), and an average driving distance of 300.38 yards (field average: 287.79). As I predicted, the best player off the tee prevailed; as the statistics suggested, Rose was that player.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I said earlier in the week that the best driver of the golf ball stood a great chance of taking the title, and that Justin Rose led the tour in total driving. Rose's week: 75% of fairways hit (field average: 62.18%), and an average driving distance of 300.38 yards (field average: 287.79).

As I predicted, the best player off the tee prevailed; as the statistics suggested, Rose was that player.

Need some icy hot for that arm?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

AU glasses on, but thought he was "way" too out of it, and took my son to pool. Nice top-10. Early in the day in kitchen, not rich enough for kitchen tv, did Johnny Miller kind of hint that Jason was not practicing as much?

When I was watching Rose walk down that 18th fairway to his approach shot I couldn't imagine the nerves he was feeling. Knowing you can't make a single mistake... Must have been intense. Hats off to him for the awesome drive too!
  • Upvote 1

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

J-Ro was born in Johannesburg and he won his first pro event in South Africa, so we're claiming a 1/4 of this one.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

A few US Open thoughts;

• Felt bad for Phil, he was close but couldn't avoid a few critical mistakes.  I wonder if he regrets not having his driver in the bag.  I know he hits the 3Deep long for a 3W but on the tough holes he was still missing the fairway, so why not miss the fairway 30+ yards  closer to the hole?
  • Rose winning was anti-climatic.  I have no opinion on him as a golfer, other than he's obviously good.  He's one of those guys that's there almost every week but never does anything that makes me like him or dislike him.
  • Tiger may have hurt his arm and not been 100% but it was his putting that killed him.  I can't remember seeing him miss so many short putts.  I counted at least three times he approached a putt like it was it was an automatic, didn't seem to line it up, no practice putting motion, just walked up, hit it and missed the cup.  A few were lip outs but if you know you're aim is a bit off why not slow down and make sure you hole them.
  • ESPN coverage was horrible.  I'll listen to Chris Berman talk football but he's horrible announcing golf, ESPN needs to find someone else.
  • Rory seems to have lost his ability to step up his game for the Majors along with Tiger.  People are still talking about the Nike clubs being the problem but I think it's the wealth and attention.  He even benched the Nike Method 06 in favor of his old Scotty and couldn't find the magic.  Rory is Nikes Tim Tebow right now.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I said earlier in the week that the best driver of the golf ball stood a great chance of taking the title, and that Justin Rose led the tour in total driving. Rose's week: 75% of fairways hit (field average: 62.18%), and an average driving distance of 300.38 yards (field average: 287.79).

As I predicted, the best player off the tee prevailed; as the statistics suggested, Rose was that player.

Congrats Chilli Dipper!  You remind me of some of the guys I have caddied with over the years who have an excellent way of explaining why a particular horse won the race as well as the reason they bet on another horse..

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Darn you, Golfingdad! I was going to choose Spieth for my sleeper pick!

1. Louis Oosthuizen, -4

2. Matteo Manassero, -5

3. Michael Thompson, Even

I call this my "I Always Pick Lee Westwood, Luke Donald, or Justin Rose in These Prediction Contests, Now Watch One of Them Win Immediately After I Give up on Them Once and for All" prediction.

Great to see a fellow Brit finally win the tourney and a great 1st major win for Justin!

Gutted to see Donald choke it up again on the sunday, but that's all I expect these days! Loved Justin's wood putt from the fringe on the 18th

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

raining hard again as I type. calling for showers on and off all day today and T-storms possible for the next 2 days. IF that happens it will be a birdie-fest for the first few rounds. Thursday on out looks clean for weather.

What a jack-ass...how could anyone think such a thing!

• Upvote 1

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 3976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!