IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

11 minutes ago, themiah06 said:

I upgraded my irons, added a 3 hybrid, and bought a new driver for Christmas.  Still haven't been able to play a round with them.  I don't know why I'm living in St. Louis 😞

I grew up in St Louis, played for the McCluer High School golf team, played for the SIU Edwardsville golf team, then got the hell out. 😁

Edited by Double Mocha Man

It's snowing pretty hard this morning.  I guess I will hit the slopes tomorrow and work on the weekend.

I'd rather play golf than snowboard, but you gotta go with what the mother nature gives you.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Although it is winter and snow is around, I am not too depressed. I am practicing almost everyday working on my priority piece. I feel like I am making a lot of progress. 

I have also been doing some club making, which is fun too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Well, we had our blizzard, and are now looking forward to our coldest stretch of weather in quite a while. About the only people who are happy are the ice fishermen! Yet, I enjoyed green grass, blue skies and sunshine today. I watched the golf telecast from Torrey Pines! Glad to have some golf back on the networks!

They are predicting 6-9" of snow starting early a.m. thru midnight.   You'd think that people are expecting to be snowed in for a week.   The grocery stores were busier today than either before Thanksgiving or Christmas.   

Snow day already, I'll practice indoors tomorrow..

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

They are predicting 6-9" of snow starting early a.m. thru midnight.   You'd think that people are expecting to be snowed in for a week.   The grocery stores were busier today than either before Thanksgiving or Christmas.   

Mild here, 45 to 50 degrees, sunny tomorrow and Tuesday. Playing both days. Even though all the drives will plug and or back up.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

We got about a foot today (counting last night). I snowblower away about 6" of stuff this morning, and again when I got back from teaching. Very fluffy, the afternoon stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

We got about a foot today (counting last night). I snowblower away about 6" of stuff this morning, and again when I got back from teaching. Very fluffy, the afternoon stuff.

You guys get a significant amount of snow more than our area.   I don't mind the snow just not the cold wind chills.  

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Mild here, 45 to 50 degrees, sunny tomorrow and Tuesday. Playing both days. Even though all the drives will plug and or back up.

I was looking Bellingham, WA at Weather.com.   You guys have some pretty tempered weather.    I didn't realize it was so nice.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

14 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I take it Bellingham does not get as much rain as Seattle/Tacoma area?

I visit Tacoma area frequently and during the winter months, it's almost alway drizzling, raining or cloudy.  I have not seen too much sun during the winter months. 

Don

Starting to find myself in this phase a little more now. It's been over a month since I last played a round of golf. I was hoping to maybe get in a round this Friday, but we just got another 6 inches of snow. We really haven't had a big snow storm in Denver itself, but there's been enough little ones that the snow hasn't melted off.

It's the first month since January 2015 I haven't been able to play at least 9 holes of golf. Darn.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

59 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Starting to find myself in this phase a little more now. It's been over a month since I last played a round of golf. I was hoping to maybe get in a round this Friday, but we just got another 6 inches of snow. We really haven't had a big snow storm in Denver itself, but there's been enough little ones that the snow hasn't melted off.

It's the first month since January 2015 I haven't been able to play at least 9 holes of golf. Darn.

Same here.  I tried calling all over the front range, but since the beginning of January, the snow hasn't melted to allow play.

At least I got good snowboarding in.  But I prefer to play golf once in awhile.

Don

6 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Same here.  I tried calling all over the front range, but since the beginning of January, the snow hasn't melted to allow play.

At least I got good snowboarding in.  But I prefer to play golf once in awhile.

Yukari... I used to live in Denver and Ft. Collins... I understand about the difficult winters.  Oh, and Bellingham receives 34.84 inches of precipitation per year.  About 2 sunny days a week until summer... then long, glorious stretches of sun.

Had a buddy who moved out to Denver and lived there quite a few years. I went out to visit, in January no less, and the dryness of the air was quite a revelation. I was able to walk around in a Spring weight jacket in freezing temps with no problem! We went ice fishing at Lake Tarryall and by mid-day we had stripped down to our shorts and were getting sun tans on a frozen lake in the Rockies! 

He told me that Denver usually got about 330 sunny days per year, and really didn't get much snow since the mountains sucked it all up. 

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Had a buddy who moved out to Denver and lived there quite a few years. I went out to visit, in January no less, and the dryness of the air was quite a revelation. I was able to walk around in a Spring weight jacket in freezing temps with no problem! We went ice fishing at Lake Tarryall and by mid-day we had stripped down to our shorts and were getting sun tans on a frozen lake in the Rockies! 

He told me that Denver usually got about 330 sunny days per year, and really didn't get much snow since the mountains sucked it all up. 

Yup.  Supposedly we get more sunny days than San Diego.  As for the temperature, because it is so dry any time it is sunny, it is quite warm (assuming no wind, of course).  I am usually in short sleeves even during winter when it is 40 *F or above with sun.  In the shade, it's a different story.

We are suppose to get more snow next week, so I am thinking no golf until middle of February - hopefully. 

Don

On 1/28/2019 at 6:10 PM, dennyjones said:

Another snow day tomorrow...Another day of indoor practice coming up!

It didn't stop Jerry Kelly from practicing outdoors … :whistle:

Snow Golfer.png

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

All the snow melted in the mountains ... what a short ski season 😩

Back to golf, I gueeesss...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Stay warm, USA. Stay safe.

A1JtBGpgX2L._RI_.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.