IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I've got my fingers crossed for all you guys up north. Hopefully an early spring will get these people out of here and back to where they belong.😉

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

I've got my fingers crossed for all you guys up north. Hopefully an early spring will get these people out of here and back to where they belong.😉

Not very likely. I'm heading down there tomorrow with a bunch of fellow bikers. 😎

- Shane

3 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I'm playing 9 holes today. Right now is is pure sun, 48* temp, and gentle breeze. I have to see how my new clubs like it on a golf course!

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

7 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I'm up north and have my fingers crossed that these take-up-the-game -during-the-pandemic people will be out of here by July.  So the course isn't so crowded and slow.  On the other hand they do add money to the golf course coffers so that maintenance can be better and more improvements made.  And keep the courses in business.  With a nod to the Food Thread it's a dual-edged sharp knife.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny 55 degree day in southern Ohio. I had to choose between spending $6 on a small bucket of balls at the range or $5 to walk 9 at the crappy course near work. I chose to play golf.  So did everyone else.  There were at least 4 groups waiting on the first tee including a 6 some playing a best ball and a 5 some with kids. I asked another single who was behind me if he wanted to join me and then a husband and wife couple also joined us. We had to wait for the group in front of us on every hole, but it was a good day for bad golf and I am glad I played instead of practiced.

War Eagle!

A local course sent out a notice stating they were going to have variable rates which could range from +/- 30% based upon availability!   

fieldstone.png

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 3/4/2021 at 1:18 PM, dennyjones said:

A local course sent out a notice stating they were going to have variable rates which could range from +/- 30% based upon availability!   

fieldstone.png

I like that it gives better pricing to lower volume time slots but if it works how I think it will work then demand would gradually move to the lower cost time slots meaning more demand for them and ultimate revert back to original pricing.

Well, today is "Winter Depression" to the Max.  It is BEAUTIFUL outside, a little overcast but 60 degrees.  Clearly one of the nicest of the year so far and can I hit the course...NOOOOOO!.  I have clients stacked up most of the day with only a few short breaks in between.  I am so ready to golf.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I tried making a reservation at Bethpage and it is real hard getting a decent time let alone a tee time.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I tried making a reservation at Bethpage and it is real hard getting a decent time let alone a tee time.

Bethpage is the place you have to sleep overnight in the parking lot.  Pull out the ol' sleeping bag...

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bethpage is the place you have to sleep overnight in the parking lot.  Pull out the ol' sleeping bag...

I GOT ONE BABY! Saturday twilight though. At least I didn't have to work hard for it, just got lucky.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It is beautiful out this week, but I have a big audit going on at work and have to work late, so I won't be able to get out and play.

At least I got to play 9 on Sunday when it wasn't quite so nice out.

War Eagle!

Ugh.  Just in time for my weekend tee time and they are predicting ... SNOW!  

I am getting sick and tired of being snowed out on the weekends for golf.  This is the 4th weekend out of last 5 weekends that courses have been closed due to snow.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

4 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Ugh.  Just in time for my weekend tee time and they are predicting ... SNOW!  

I am getting sick and tired of being snowed out on the weekends for golf.  This is the 4th weekend out of last 5 weekends that courses have been closed due to snow.

You probably need to move to Florida like Vinsk did...

I hurt my back so I can’t even enjoy the warm weather. f***ing depressing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Well, that sucks. I hope it's not serious and you are back out in a week, on the course.

Thanks. I’ll be fine in a week or so, it’s simply a repetitive strain injury. These things pop up from time to time due to my work.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I played the last three days. 🙂 Outside. In Erie. In a polo shirt.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You probably need to move to Florida like Vinsk did...

LOL.  Probably except I hate the humidity during the summers there.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2