IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator

A little.

His strength has always been his irons, so if he has a chance to hit irons, he has a chance to contend.

Hitting fairways or at least staying near them gives him a lot of chances to stuff a lot of irons.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watch this like once a year, and nostalgia is in vogue now. I can't find the one with hey batter batter and Charles Howell. Also the how to hit the 300 yard bunker shot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Woods' practice session at PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, iacas said:

His strength has always been his irons

You are always "Spot On, Erik"  🙂 
You have indicated this for many years on this forum.
Golf Digest posted a great article today which he states - " my iron game is absolutely critical to my success at this stage."
This is so true at any level golfer, the entire article can be read at the below link.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tiger-woods-iron-game-explained-130000859.html

My swing and my game have evolved over the years, but one thing has remained consistent: I’m always confident with an iron in my hand.

I’m not one of the longest hitters on tour anymore­—I can’t hit a wedge 150-plus yards like some guys do—so my iron game is absolutely critical to my success at this stage. It sounds simple, but the best way to make birdies is to hit your approaches close. To do that, you need to have distance control, which is possible only with consistent contact.

I’ve always taken pride in my ability to vary trajectory and shape the ball both ways. Very few of my iron shots look exactly the same. Still, there are a few basics I try to apply to every iron shot, and they’re principles you can use for your game.

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

The latest "lets all point and laugh at Tiger haters post:" 

I was at the local sports pub last night and jumped into a "discussion" a couple of other guys where having about Tiger.  I think ESPN mentioned he was playing next again week. This guy just wouldnt come off his idea that tiger is a washed up nobody who only gets the attention he does because of "virtue signaling liberal media" and his race. I chimed in that tiger has actually been one of the best 5 players in the world the past 12 or so calendar months and is the defending Masters champion. He said a bunch of goal post moving nonsense i dont really remember after that but something he said about majors caught my ear. He said Martin Kaymer is a better and more relevant player than Tiger because hes won more majors over the past 10 years and he doesn't get any publicity. Tiger himself has said that majors are all that matter. So BOOM! ROASTED!  Discussion closed. Also something in there about the only reason he won again is steroids. 

15 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I was at the local sports pub last night and jumped into a "discussion" a couple of other guys where having about Tiger.  I think ESPN mentioned he was playing next again week. This guy just wouldnt come off his idea that tiger is a washed up nobody who only gets the attention he does because of "virtue signaling liberal media" and his race. I chimed in that tiger has actually been one of the best 5 players in the world the past 12 or so calendar months and is the defending Masters champion. He said a bunch of goal post moving nonsense i dont really remember after that but something he said about majors caught my ear. He said Martin Kaymer is a better and more relevant player than Tiger because hes won more majors over the past 10 years and he doesn't get any publicity. Tiger himself has said that majors are all that matter. So BOOM! ROASTED!  Discussion closed. Also something in there about the only reason he won again is steroids. 

Sounds like a pretty level headed fellow. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

2 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I get being cynical about the 'woke' crowd, but when these kind of guys spout off, then everyone that's not toeing the woke line get painted as being this jackass.

I'm not quite sure how to move the "goal posts" or do affirmative action for Tiger in an activity that ldetermines a world ranking calculation based on metrics that are literally COUNTING strokes.

(except for the Fedex cup, that shit's messed up)

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

4 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I get being cynical about the 'woke' crowd, but when these kind of guys spout off, then everyone that's not toeing the woke line get painted as being this jackass.

I'm not quite sure how to move the "goal posts" or do affirmative action for Tiger in an activity that ldetermines a world ranking calculation based on metrics that are literally COUNTING strokes.

(except for the Fedex cup, that shit's messed up)

Honestly, the guy was probably a bigot who has resented Tiger his entire career. He was just having a normal bar conversation until something announcing tigers next tournament came on the overhead and he lost him mind.  He seemed to know alot about pro golf but also seemed like he was personally offended by any indication that Tiger is a even a good player. He is only a fraud propped up by "virtue signaling liberal media" because of his race.  These types of haters in general just make me want to point and laugh. Sports or otherwise. It takes too many shits to give in order to whitewash reality from yourself in that way. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Honestly, the guy was probably a bigot who has resented Tiger his entire career. He was just having a normal bar conversation until something announcing tigers next tournament came on the overhead and he lost him mind.  He seemed to know alot about pro golf but also seemed like he was personally offended by any indication that Tiger is a even a good player. He is only a fraud propped up by "virtue signaling liberal media" because of his race.  These types of haters in general just make me want to point and laugh. Sports or otherwise. It takes too many shits to give in order to whitewash reality from yourself in that way.

it's sad.  Tiger is multi-racial enough to the point that he could represent everyone.  At least Everyone that is shallow enough to care about that kind of thing instead of performance.  You know, appreciating performance and results instead on cosmetic irrelevant criteria.  I agree, the guy sure sounds like a pure bigot

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Daaaaaaamn

https://twitter.com/GOLFTV/status/1216265513447436288?s=20

edit - not sure why it's not embedding or why the wonky highlighting

Would be better w/o the black background.   The link still works to see Tiger Cub's (Charlie) golf swing.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Daaaaaaamn

Just click "paste as plain text instead" when you paste styled text from somewhere else.

Look at the video in this page at about 0:40.

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Daaaaaaamn

Tell that idiot with the cart to get out of the way!

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 1/10/2020 at 10:17 AM, Groucho Valentine said:

Considering that the PGATour is about as ruthless a meritocracy as there is, the guy is clearly an idiot for whatever the reason.  Virtue signalling doesn't allow you to compile a record that, even with a couple of big injury holes covering years, far exceeds anything any other golfer has ever been able to compile.  And I am FAR from being liberal and even further from being a fan of the media as now constituted.  I'm an empirical guy and empirically Tiger got where he is the old-fashioned way - he Earned it.  And with the Tour Championship, Masters, Zozo, and President's Cup, he has Earned all of the attention he is once again getting.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Kinda creepy taking videos of a 8 or 9 year old from behind a bush, no? 

Yup.

I could see doing it to show your wife or something, but to then put it on social media… Oy.

On Tuesday, the World Golf Hall of Fame announced it has reduced the minimum age for induction from 50 to 45 years old, starting with the 2021 class. A player will be eligible for induction provided he or she turns 45 the year of the Induction Ceremony or is retired for at least three years. Woods, winner of 82 PGA Tour titles, tied with Sam Snead for most all time, turns 45 in December, meaning he will be eligible next year.

tiger-woods-zozo-thursday-2019-smile.jpg

Officials with the World Golf Hall of Fame announced a lower age requirement for induction from 50 to 45 and streamlined the entry categories

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Driver and iron swings (fourth in series) at Torrey.

Steve