Jump to content
Valleygolfer

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

2,701 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Honestly, I'm so proud of him. He played so well, so far beyond my expectations. Of course, this means the higher my expectations, the father they can fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t think he qualifies.

If he wins, I doubt he plays.

I think it goes off of tomorrow's rankings, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

I think it goes off of tomorrow's rankings, but I could be wrong.

148th in the world. Only 76th if he had won, and he finished T2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wonder if he will play Valspar next year. Seems to be a good course for him, though he struggled with the greens. He didn't win and I could see him using the putting troubles as an excuse to skip it next year. But it seems like a good test with a grinding nature compared to most tour events. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, iacas said:

148th in the world. Only 76th if he had won, and he finished T2.

Well that is good for the Fantasy League. It means he will be cheap again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger and Els just (unofficially) reported as 2019 Pres Cup captains. Seems maybe a bit premature for Tiger since he will hopefully be on the team, but I guess he can always be a playing captain. 

Edited by skydog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiger now at 149th from 389th last week in the OWGR. 

24.PNG

Definitely trending in the right direction :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This will be interesting. I've had this on pre-order since November. It's written by one of the better investigative reporters, so I wonder what information he'll dig up.

I haven't even seen or heard of any excerpts, though, and the book is near its publication date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

This will be interesting. I've had this on pre-order since November. It's written by one of the better investigative reporters, so I wonder what information he'll dig up.

I haven't even seen or heard of any excerpts, though, and the book is near its publication date.

Wrong forum?

On 3/12/2018 at 11:50 AM, JetFan1983 said:

Tiger now at 149th from 389th last week in the OWGR. 

24.PNG

Definitely trending in the right direction :-)

Yes, a very rough calculation shows that a win this week would put him in the top 50, which will get him back into the WGC events.  Same with playing well in both the API and the Masters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On March 12, 2018 at 10:45 AM, skydog said:

Tiger and Els just (unofficially) reported as 2019 Pres Cup captains. Seems maybe a bit premature for Tiger since he will hopefully be on the team, but I guess he can always be a playing captain. 

Im not sure i like the idea of playing captains in team events. Tiger should probably step aside if he were on track to make the team and just play.  But if there is an event to do that, it might as well be the Prez Cup. Could make it more interesting for the press to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha… Just as I type that, I get an email with this link:

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/03/12/tiger-woods-book-excerpt-most-dramatic-scene-1995-us-amateur-came-after-final-putt

The slug tells you this isn't about PEDs, but about the 1995 US Am win.

I would think that if they'd turned up something on PEDs, they'd be leading with that to sell books. That they're leading with the 1995 U.S. Amateur tells me… where there's no smoke, there may not be much fire?

Quote

 

When he was handed the Havemeyer Trophy, Tiger smiled and held it over his head. "This one should be dedicated to the Brunza family," he said, turning toward his caddie. "This one's for you, Jay."

Brunza started crying. A month earlier, his father had passed away. The fact that Tiger remembered Brunza's father in such a triumphant moment was a thoughtful gesture. It was a standout moment for Tiger, appearing humble in the aftermath of such a significant achievement.

 

That's not going to sell a lot of books.

Quote

 

"Bobby Jones can kiss my son's black ass," Earl continued.

Tiger's youthful smile quickly faded as he stood by stoically during his father's two-minute rant. Observers stared down at their feet in stunned disbelief. At 19, Tiger had just won his second straight U.S. Amateur in dramatic fashion. What should have been a moment of pure joy for him and unspeakable pride for his father had been tarnished by an outburst of anger, resentment and bitterness. As Earl wound down by predicting his son would have a bigger impact on golf than Jack Nicklaus, Bill Harmon — Butch's brother, and the club pro at Newport — reached into his pocket and rubbed a round chip between his index finger and his thumb. A recovering alcoholic, Harmon was celebrating his third anniversary of sobriety that day. Hours before the start of the final round of the tournament, he had gone to a meeting, where he received his three-year chip. Looking at Earl, he saw something familiar. "That's how I acted when I was drinking," he thought to himself. "Boy, this is all I need to know about being on the right path."

 

Neither is that.

15 minutes ago, brocks said:

Wrong forum?

No.

I posted about a Tiger Woods biography in the "Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion."

16 minutes ago, brocks said:

Yes, a very rough calculation shows that a win this week would put him in the top 50, which will get him back into the WGC events.  Same with playing well in both the API and the Masters.

Winning at Valspar was supposedly going to put him at 76, so I could see a T2 + a win getting him to 48th or 49th or 50th or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Im not sure i like the idea of playing captains in team events. Tiger should probably step aside if he were on track to make the team and just play.  But if there is an event to do that, it might as well be the Prez Cup. Could make it more interesting for the press to follow.

Yea I don't disagree. Sounds the like Tiger pick is kind of a last-ditch effort to try to make people care about the Presidents Cup so I guess they figured they couldn't wait until 2021 or beyond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we (well me since Phil M can talk about Tiger and the women) not allowed to discuss Tiger's cheating and DUI? Someone loves to delete my posts. I get it we are like the Nazi for keeping threads on track for how the supreme ruler wants them to go but this is the Tiger Woods discussion about anything thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Why are we (well me since Phil M can talk about Tiger and the women) not allowed to discuss Tiger's cheating and DUI? Someone loves to delete my posts. I get it we are like the Nazi for keeping threads on track for how the supreme ruler wants them to go but this is the Tiger Woods discussion about anything thread?

Still winning friends and influencing people?

The funny thing is, if @iacas was really Nazi-like in any way, you would have been banned a long time ago.  I'm amazed at his forbearance.  He is a better man than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@MuniGrit, you've been behaving like a douche for about two weeks now. Now even non-moderators are telling you that.

Discuss whatever you like related to Tiger Woods here, but when your intent is clearly to incite and, well, to act like a douche… moderators will delete the post. Put another way, they see through your thin layer of bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-confidential-what-pros-really-say-about-tigers-chances-at-the-masters

Still the most scrutinized person in sports. Some of the comments are cheap shots about faking injuries. Hiding behind anonymous "tour pro" nicknames. They should step up in front of a camera and put their name to those comments.

Anyway it seems the commentary in that link was after the Torrey tournament based on some of the references. I wonder if any of them would like to revise anything they said at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I posted about a Tiger Woods biography in the "Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion."

Oh.  There was a bombshell political book released today, and I thought you might have been talking about that.   Sorry I haven't, and probably won't, have time to read all the posts I've missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...