IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

16 hours ago, turtleback said:

You really just can't help yourself, can you.  What are you, about 10?

I think he'll start getting the message now @turtleback. The fact that at least one of us brings him up on his comments on most of his posts will drive it home.

59 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Is it bad that i didn't notice a difference with his driving? I didnt think it looked bad at all.......then again comapare anyones driver swing to mine and they look alright (except Charles Barkley of course :-P)

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RussUK said:

I think he'll start getting the message now @turtleback. The fact that at least one of us brings him up on his comments on most of his posts will drive it home.

I suspect you'll find that you're wrong about that. He's gotten three separate warnings, now sits at 13 points, and will not be posting for a few days. This follows the first warning and a set of TWO separate PM conversations, with multiple moderators each.

He has a picture in his mind of how this all "works" that is very, very far from reality. Once he created this alternate reality, he sees every subsequent post or action through that lens.

5 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Is it bad that i didn't notice a difference with his driving? I didnt think it looked bad at all.......then again comapare anyones driver swing to mine and they look alright (except Charles Barkley of course :-P)

You're talking about a very small amount of difference. A few degrees. Tough to see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

He has a picture in his mind of how this all "works" that is very, very far from reality. Once he created this alternate reality, he sees every subsequent post or action through that lens.

Exactly what I'd expect to hear from a minion of the Deep State. :)

Edited by brocks

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I suspect you'll find that you're wrong about that. He's gotten three separate warnings, now sits at 13 points, and will not be posting for a few days. This follows the first warning and a set of TWO separate PM conversations, with multiple moderators each.

Yeah, noticed the warnings. Think im still seeing the world the rose tinted glasses! We can but hope.

Suppose some people just never change.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, iacas said:

This will be interesting. I've had this on pre-order since November. It's written by one of the better investigative reporters, so I wonder what information he'll dig up.

I haven't even seen or heard of any excerpts, though, and the book is near its publication date.

The closest I saw to an excerpt before your post was someone on twitter pointed out a typo. From the US Am against Buddy Marucci, Tiger was listed as one stroke instead of one hole up.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RussUK said:

Yeah, noticed the warnings. Think im still seeing the world the rose tinted glasses! We can but hope.

Right.

It's always amusing to me on one level how many people think we punish people who disagree, then will turn around and talk about how much we argue and so on. If we deleted the stuff that disagrees, we'd not have a Jack vs. Tiger topic that's thousands of posts long. We wouldn't have "arguments" as often as these people seem to think.

These people don't realize it's their entire attitude and the manner in which they post that the moderators (I outsource decision-making when I'm involved 95%+ of the time to another set of mods) find objectionable.

13 minutes ago, jamo said:

The closest I saw to an excerpt before your post was someone on twitter pointed out a typo. From the US Am against Buddy Marucci, Tiger was listed as one stroke instead of one hole up.

I linked to that excerpt up above. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I put a hold on the book at the library. It's ordering 20ish copies. Looks like something I'd skim through, definitely not buy.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, RussUK said:

I'm a very simple person.  When someone works hard to portray themselves in a certain way, say as a complete A-hole, I believe them.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator

Back to the topic… Tiger T1 at the Arnold Palmer.

It's still early. Half the field isn't even on the course or done with their first round.

And this is a little lucky…

Of course that could just make up for the OB ball that only went OB because it hit the cart path.

I just read the Vegas sports books have made Woods the favorite for the Masters. Didn't see the odds. Probably will make a bet on him later.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

That is crazy town. I happen to like Tiger's chances of winning the Masters, but I don't know that I'd go so far as to say he's the favourite. Not before he finishes up this week anyway. If he wins this week, then yes maybe. Long way to go before that though. I think 15/1 sounds about right right now. I'd put money on him there. Not at 8/1 though. 8/1 is shorter odds than virtually anyone not named Tiger has ever been for a major.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

That is crazy town. I happen to like Tiger's chances of winning the Masters, but I don't know that I'd go so far as to say he's the favourite. Not before he finishes up this week anyway. If he wins this week, then yes maybe. Long way to go before that though. I think 15/1 sounds about right right now. I'd put money on him there. Not at 8/1 though. 8/1 is shorter odds than virtually anyone not named Tiger has ever been for a major.

I agree that if he wins this week… he's the favorite.

But let me ask you this: who else would you put over him right now? Right now, post-round-1-of-API?

It's a short list. Spieth is off form. Ditto Rory. Rose? DJ? That about it?

Ha ha. Nothing of Woods on his timeline. Crickets.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-is-totally-complet

https://twitter.com/ShaneRyanHere/with_replies

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 3.29.56 PM.png

Update - there is something on his timeline:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I agree that if he wins this week… he's the favorite.

But let me ask you this: who else would you put over him right now? Right now, post-round-1-of-API?

There aren't many for sure. DJ perhaps, Thomas perhaps, Phil perhaps (Phil is like an Augusta expert and he just won). Rose maybe at a stretch, but it's a stretch. Rahm has been playing extremely well. Honestly I think all of them are pretty much on a par and I think that Tiger is in there with them. He didn't look to me like he hit it that great today, but he made a few putts and he hit some really good short game shots and his misses while a long way from the middle of the fairway were not dead (apart from 3 anyway). 

I guess bottom line is there is no one who I would say is obviously ahead of him right now. But I think there are a handful on par (right now - like I said if he wins this week, he puts distance there) with him. 

I remember back in around 2005 or so, Tiger was playing Bay Hill and he kept hitting draws everywhere. They weren't helping him at all, but he was practising for the Masters. He still won. I don't see that right now. He's playing to win yes, but he's just playing to win this. It's very exciting.

• Administrator

This comeback and the rate at which it’s come is further proof of two things, IMO:

1. How screwed up his back and knee and whatever else were from about 2014 through 2017.
  2. How crazy good he is. Two years basically completely off, and now this in two months.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not sure I would put them above Tiger,

Matsuyama, 2nd in strokes gained approach shots.
Adam Scott, won previous winner, always a good long game. If his putting can get hot.

I think Tiger, with his history at Augusta, he should have good odds to win the Masters.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

This comeback and the rate at which it’s come is further proof of two things, IMO:

1. How screwed up his back and knee and whatever else were from about 2014 through 2017.
  2. How crazy good he is. Two years basically completely off, and now this in two months.

With how far he's hitting the ball right now, I can't imagine how beat up his body must have been a few years ago. He's a guy with a fused back keeping up (if not surpassing) the longest hitters on the PGA Tour. Just look at this:

!!!! I don't get how his new found length is even possible.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: