IGNORED

2014 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread

tmac20
Note:Β This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Kuchar had a bogey free round yesterday but today made two doubles in six holes.

See my post just above yours. It was miserable. We were in a tent between the 18th tee and landing area; guys were hitting hybrids into the green (which is usually a 7-iron). Wind was up, rain was sideways. I don't know how the guys were making contact at all.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ya thats why they stopped playΒ Β with a rain delay, way too much rain and wind got crazy. Not even sure if they were able to resume playing?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5*Β 

3WD: Β Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons: Β Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2 Β 52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

You are DEFINITELY NOT alone on that.Β  There are numerous people out there and in here that dislike the guy.Β  I am not one of them.Β  I think he's a really good announcer. And, to me, he doesn't come across as pompous at all.Β  When he says things like you mention in your example, they come across to me with - I don't know how to explain it - a bit of an empathetic charm that makes him sound like he's rooting for the guy and just feels bad. Johnny Miller, on the other hand, sometimes gives off the perception that he relishes in the failures of the players he's announcing (same goes for Chamblee), and I wouldn't object to him being called pompous, by any means.Β  For the record, though, I think they are also both really good announcers/commentators.Β  (Both seemingly jerks, but good at their jobs nonetheless) :beer:

Agree with @Golfingdad , I like him, used to hate him but I realized a few things: 1) he's a Brit, almost anything he says is going to come off a little pompous even if it's not. 2) he has a certain element of goofy bozo to him that's pretty charming once you pick up on it. 3) he says some pretty hilarious things if you pay close attention and can see past the first point. I've grown to like him quite a bit. His swing analysis is crap because his knowledge is nowhere near up to par with his (former) ability but as long as you know that going in and temper your expectations on that front it just becomes a part of point number two. I think it's funny when he comments on players wardrobe choices. :-P Johnny Miller is way worse because he takes himself very seriously whereas I feel that Faldo plays the clown a little bit and can be self deprecating at times.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

Quote:
1) he's a Brit, almost anything he says is going to come off a little pompous even if it's not.
2) he has a certain element of goofy bozo to him that's pretty charming once you pick up on it.
3) he says some pretty hilarious things if you pay close attention and can see past the first point.

A few thoughts on this:

1./ Not all English accents are pompous. Faldo is solidly middle class and from the Home Counties (south-east of England). He still has a slight estuary-English type inflection, but, as a commentator, seems to have been working on his received pronunciation, most likely for comic Limey effect, as he broadcasts to a US audience. Funnily enough, his natural accent is probably remarkably akin to Ian Poulter's (their respective home towns are fewer than 15 miles apart).

As I said, don't think "Brit accent" and think "pompous." I'm a Brit, grew up in a fairly middle class home, and I still sound like Ringo Starr after a few ales...

2 & 3./ he has a certain element of goofy bozo to him that's pretty charming once you pick up on it; he says some pretty hilarious things if you pay close attention and can see past the first point.

I loved Faldo the golfer. Faldo the commentator entertains me, to an extent...but the "goofy bozo" stuff? All of it completely ripped off from Peter Alliss , only Peter Alliss had far more charm and insight, and was, to be fair, a much better broadcaster. It's somewhat ironic and maybe a bit cynical, too, given that Alliss and Faldo had their fair share of ups and downs during Faldo's playing career.

Nice shot Kuuuuuuuuch

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

"Oh, man. That was so much easier than putting."

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Luke's swing is looking different, guess that work with Chuck Cook is starting to pay off.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

'Grats to Kuchar!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Harbour Town must hold the record for most tournaments won with a hole-out on the 18th hole.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Luke's swing is looking different, guess that work with Chuck Cook is starting to pay off.

And, the brides maid again. I'm sure he will contend more.

Gotta give a shout out of congrats to my cousin Ben Martin for hanging in there for a big third place finish today. :dance: He's got the game to contend and maybe his showing this week will help his confidence and comfort level to get there more often.

• Upvote 1

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3Β  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railerΒ  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24degΒ  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14Β  60deg: Mizuno ZoidΒ Β  Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Gotta give a shout out of congrats to my cousin Ben Martin for hanging in there for a big third place finish today. He's got the game to contend and maybe his showing this week will help his confidence and comfort level to get there more often.

NICE! Congrats to your cuz.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Gotta give a shout out of congrats to my cousin Ben Martin for hanging in there for a big third place finish today. :dance: He's got the game to contend and maybe his showing this week will help his confidence and comfort level to get there more often.

Nice!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Gotta give a shout out of congrats to my cousin Ben Martin for hanging in there for a big third place finish today. He's got the game to contend and maybe his showing this week will help his confidence and comfort level to get there more often.

I don't really know how players keep their tour card...but he's made $700,000 so far this year. My guess is he'll be totally fine for next year!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note:Β This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!