IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

• Administrator
AgEXQVlIZXZlWW5OUWcteWE3cGpfeVdBX0EAMA

Coca-Cola is about to shake things up, so to speak, and consumers aren’t happy. The soda company announced on Tuesday that Coca-Cola Zero Sugar — its popular, no-sugar beverage — would be getting not just a...

Hmmmmm. We'll see.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

Coca-Cola is about to shake things up, so to speak, and consumers aren’t happy. The...

Hmmmmm. We'll see.

We’ve seen this play before.

(edited)
4 hours ago, iacas said:

Coca-Cola is about to shake things up, so to speak, and consumers aren’t happy. The soda company announced on Tuesday that Coca-Cola Zero Sugar — its popular, no-sugar beverage — would be...

Hmmmmm. We'll see.

They can't go there again.  It was lucky marketing many years ago with "New Coke".  Give it a rest Coke...

They cannot accidentally catch that lightning in a bottle again.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

As I sat down to dinner earlier tonight, I thought "I should take a picture and post it to the TST food thread."  

I had been a good cook, but I think I've improved in the past year or so.  I also bought a barbecue a few weeks ago, and have used it a few times, although tonight's dinner was stovetop.  Scallops, shrimp, and peas.  I suppose I could post the steak from my inaugural usage of the grill a few weeks ago, but I don't know if that defeats some of the spirit of the thread.

This was yummy but it was not my best presentation-wise.  The latter is something I've neglected the past year or so in my cooking, so I should work on that.

PXL_20210716_Shrimp_and_Scallops.thumb.jpg.d0001cd6d6b9be12966a422095e984d1.jpg

(edited)
On 7/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, saevel25 said:

A5B22A8F-18D4-4E7A-8227-EEEC051A270C.jpeg

breakfast for lunch! Cheese omelet with habanero taco sauce, sliced avocado and bacon. 

Love it bro

I had a Veestro meal tonight. Pesto Pizza

Edited by ncates00

On 7/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, iacas said:

Coca-Cola is about to shake things up, so to speak, and consumers aren’t happy. The soda company announced on Tuesday that Coca-Cola Zero Sugar — its popular, no-sugar beverage — would be getting not just a...

Hmmmmm. We'll see.

This could not affect me less. I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners. 

However, I still disagree with the article saying this could be the biggest change Coke has ever made.... Who could forget "New Coke"? 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This could not affect me less. I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners. 

However, I still disagree with the article saying this could be the biggest change Coke has ever made.... Who could forget "New Coke"? 

I don’t think you read the article.

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t think you read the article.

I actually did. They said something about the boldest move Coke has made since some suggestion about adding marijuana to Coke. I'm saying this change to Coke Zero is nothing compared to when New Coke came out in 1985. They actually discontinued the current Coke and people lost their minds. They were hording it like toilet paper pre-pandemic. People sold it for a hundred bucks a case. People were actually travelling abroad to bring back the old formula. After about 3 months Coke bent to the horrible beating they were taking in the media and reintroduced Coke as "Coke Classic". It was a crazy story that occupied a ton of news during the summer of 1985. 

So, my point is tweaking Coke Zero isn't as bold as discontinuing Coke. That's all I was trying to say. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

They said something about the boldest move Coke has made since some suggestion about adding marijuana to Coke.

That’s quite different than “this could be the biggest change Coke has ever made”. The article didn’t say that. But you said it did.

So…

The article covered “New Coke,” too.

10 hours ago, iacas said:

That’s quite different than “this could be the biggest change Coke has ever made”. The article didn’t say that. But you said it did.

So…

The article covered “New Coke,” too.

Yeah, I know. I read the article and then did some other stuff before commenting on it. So, I probably wasn't as clear as I could have been. :beer:

• 1 month later...

Chana Masala. Indian dish made with Chick peas, onion, tomato, bell pepper, cumin, curry, turmeric, chili pepper and garam masala. 

91F85C9C-4757-4145-BE4E-290AA9E90FF2.jpeg

Edited by Vinsk

My top dish down in Myrtle Beach...

Seafood Risotto, basically lots of different kinds of seafood cooked in a rose' cream sauce served over risotto. One of the best dishes I've had in a long time. I had some good meals this past week, this one out did them all.