mvmac

Food Thread

1,218 posts / 106138 viewsLast Reply

51 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Will this make it to the Masters? Sriracha pimento cheese.

Something tells me ANGC will not be serving Sriracha pimento cheese.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

Something tells me ANGC will not be serving Sriracha pimento cheese.

Hmmmmm. I have no clue why.

Sometimes simple is best.    Filet mignon with butter-poached sweet peppers and stuffed jalapeños.  A 2011 Saintsbury Pinot Nior accompanies...

179C195C-134C-4253-A256-E8ECAE49AD7C.jpeg

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Now I have to make this! 😀

Put some pimento in a bowl, squirt some sriracha in there. Mix? Lol. 

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

Sometimes simple is best.    Filet mignon with butter-poached sweet peppers and stuffed jalapeños.  A 2011 Saintsbury Pinot Nior accompanies...

179C195C-134C-4253-A256-E8ECAE49AD7C.jpeg

Now that looks perfect.

Anyone have a recipe for lamb head?  While strolling through a Palermo market I noticed one of the sale items staring at me.

IMG_2465.JPG

Edited by bkuehn1952

8 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Anyone have a recipe for lamb head?  While strolling through a Palermo market I noticed one of the sale items staring at me.

IMG_2465.JPG

I've never cooked one but I've seen enough Travel Channel shows to know that they can be roasted, stewed, or made into soup. When in doubt, consult Google.

Did you buy it?

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Tonight's dinner:  Chicken stir fry over angelhair pasta... 'cause my kid used up all the rice.

10-22-19.jpg

I hear you, except my kids will eat the meat out of the leftovers and all that will be left are the vegetables.  Who does that?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Had simultaneously the best round of my life and the most demoralizing round of my life. My 3rd week of league play I was even through 7 holes and honestly should have been 2 under I missed a couple birdie putts short by a combined maybe 3 inches. I was driving the ball incredibly well and my wedge game was on point, for the most part, I almost holed out 3 different times and left myself plenty of make able putts. This was my first time ever birdieing hole 5 which was awesome to bounce back after a fat approach shot led to a bogie on 4. Hole 8 was the same thing I pushed my drive far right hit my approach too fat and ended up with my second bogie making me 1 over heading to the par 5 9th and this is where I absolutely fall apart. The 9th is a shorter dogleg left par 5 where you can take a chance to cut the corner if you're a bigger hitter but if you come up short you can go OB or leave yourself behind plenty of trees. I hit (for the circumstances) one of the best drives of my life I cut the corner and was just a few yards short of the fairway 145 yards out. Roughs were really long I clubbed up to an 8 iron was hoping to just swing easy and get it on the green thoughts of going under par are swirling in my head. Well I'm behind a short tree that isn't really in play and I'm just 30 yards or so from a small pond the pressure must have set in because I hit a horrific hossle shank that shoots right on a 45 degree angle and skims off the pond thankfully staying in play and still in good position. I'm just 95 yards out now I've had that distance a few times already and was confident I was going to put it close, boom another hossle shank. I'm now about 40 yards right pin high I'm like just "put it on the green ensure yourself a bogie at worst", boom a 3RD STRAIGHT HOSSLE SHANK. I'm cursing my life at this point I'm 20 yards behind the green I finally chip up to the fringe close enough to putt I hit a decent one lagged up to about 2 feet I have that to save a 39 and of course I lip it out to triple bogie and finish with a 40. I kind of wanted to cry lol but if you had told me before the round I was going to shoot a 40 I would have taken it. Through 3 weeks I am the low scorer in our league of 32 guys my first year playing (admittedly mostly hackers) but this damn 9th hole performance is going to haunt me for a while. .  
    • Yeah, no. But thank you. We can now rightly ship your takes on golf courses without even reading them.
    • It has a lot more than that. Have your “own eyes” actually seen the course in person? Didn’t think so.
    • I have not had to deal with complete incompetence in a boss but certainly had tough bosses who I have had deep differences with. I have come to learn that bad bosses are like tough courses. Gotta play good target golf. Has forced me to become a good manipulator of my limited talent whether it comes to paying in kind with passive aggressiveness when I can't hide, selective ass kissing to dumb them down or deploying the ever available and easiest but the most effective skill of selective hearing. Wears them down the most. Who hasn't? Ha ha.  Welp, haven't heard an overly gushing compliment of how good a boss I am  myself and I am sure I have employees who would love to trip me so that I would break my other ankle to match so who am I to complain?..😄
    • Thanks for the replies.  Ive decided against dept store box set and the $550 bag.   Im going to keep what I have, but add a 22/23 hybrid and lose the 3 and 4 irons.  The rest is fine until I decide whether or not to stick with it.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. bigtosh90
      bigtosh90
      (30 years old)
    2. Buck Schotta
      Buck Schotta
      (57 years old)
    3. cba193
      cba193
      (27 years old)
    4. dopplegvnger
      dopplegvnger
      (28 years old)
    5. Frank62
      Frank62
      (58 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...