IGNORED

Tobacco products on golf course

whatwoodtigerdo
Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't smoke, and still think it's a terrible idea. I would like to see a concerted effort to identify and beat to death anyone caught leaving tobacco related trash on the course though.... ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And as for dip, one of my occasional playing partners dips, and he carries an empty water bottle to spit in. It's extremely foul.

Don't see the point of that in an outdoor environment. I've dipped for 30 years and played golf for 25 and I've never spit into a bottle or any other small container while on a course. There are plenty of places away from the greens to spit that won't intrude on anybody -- visually or otherwise.

John

Is there a noticeable amount of cigarette butts and chew stains all over the course or something?  Seems like an odd move otherwise.

I would vote for the ban simply because I'm not a smoker and they asked, if it got shot down I wouldn't care.

Is there a noticeable amount of cigarette butts and chew stains all over the course or something?  Seems like an odd move otherwise.

I would vote for the ban simply because I'm not a smoker and they asked, if it got shot down I wouldn't care.

Honestly, I see more goose crap on the greens than dip spit, but I do see the occasional discarded dip wad. Cigarette butts seem to be the biggest bunch of litter I see though.

Come to think of it, can we ban geese from golf courses?

- Shane

Is there a noticeable amount of cigarette butts and chew stains all over the course or something?  Seems like an odd move otherwise. I would vote for the ban simply because I'm not a smoker and they asked, if it got shot down I wouldn't care.

Not that I see. They are owned by the city and I guess are considered part of the parks/sports complexes that are by 2 of them. They don't connect they are just by each other. So the email said they were thinking about the ban for the parks and including the courses.

James

If I never had to smell a stinky cheap cigar again I'd be a happy golfer but overall it's a bad business decision.  Golfers like their booze and cigars when they golf, so such a rule would likely result in losing their business..

As a non-smoking golfer, I'm the minority at my club, most of the members smoke cigars, cigarettes and other foreign substances so there's no chance a rule like that would ever pass.

Joe Paradiso

I don't smoke, and still think it's a terrible idea.

I would like to see a concerted effort to identify and beat to death anyone caught leaving tobacco related trash on the course though....

I believe people are going to start thinking I am stalking David, or his fan boy ... but I certainly agree (once again) with his comment and could not have stated it better!

I would like add Sun Flower seeds to the "related trash"  concept... for the love of god, stop spitting the damn things on the greens!!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I smoke but put my cigarette butts in the trash can. I make sure to try to stay downwind from nonsmokers. I wouldn't vote for the ban but if it's a private course, there's nothing I can do about it other than play a different course.

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

I believe people are going to start thinking I am stalking David, or his fan boy ... but I certainly agree (once again) with his comment and could not have stated it better!

I would like add Sun Flower seeds to the "related trash"  concept... for the love of god, stop spitting the damn things on the greens!!

Funny that I am actually eating some as I type, but I don't eat them on the course.

David's comment is probably because he hates "Army" having been in the Marine Corps. :-$

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Banning smoking on a golf course? That's Ridiculous!!! And if they tried to on any courses I play I would simply ignore it! And if they sent me a letter asking my views I would tell them to be realistic! It's one thing asking people to not drop litter/ cig buts, which people should not do anyway! It's like banning food incase of crumbs!

Gaz Lee

I have not smoked cigarettes in over 9 years but do try to have a daily cigar supported by a good scotch, especially after a round of golf.  I do not smoke cigars on the course by choice but think it is a terrible idea to ban tobacco products from open areas like golf courses since other than the occasional litter problem or whiff of smoke, I do not see any type of health or inconvenience issue.

Gotta love a democratic system- allows 51% of the population to take away the rights of the 49% every time.

I just wish peope would relax their delicate freakin sensibilities and realize that if you catch a whiff of a cig from one of your playing partners, you're going to live and it shouldn't negatively impact your day in any profound way. If litter is the issue, the course just needs to man up and say and don't litter, if you're caught, you're banned from the course. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post

Gotta love a democratic system- allows 51% of the population to take away the rights of the 49% every time.

I just wish peope would relax their delicate freakin sensibilities and realize that if you catch a whiff of a cig from one of your playing partners, you're going to live and it shouldn't negatively impact your day in any profound way. If litter is the issue, the course just needs to man up and say and don't litter, if you're caught, you're banned from the course. Simple as that.

Until you end up with lung cancer and you didn't even smoke a day in your life.

Smoking is a horrible habit that actually causes harm to people around them.

Quote:
Tobacco smoke is a mixture of gases and particles. It contains more than 7,000 chemical compounds. More than 250 of these chemicals are known to be harmful, and at least 69 are known to cause cancer.

If someone is to smoke, then they shouldn't be an ******* and smoke next to other people.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well there are planes leaving everyday out of the US ..

I do not agree with the smoking ban, but I choose NOT to smoke and I really don't like people taking that option away from me ...

I play with smokers, and they are very good about smoking down wind etc ... in fact, most of the time I am unaware that they lit up ... I am total good with that ... but they do not have the get over it attitude.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I think it would be a bad idea, if you ban smoking outside, there's no place left to smoke!  I'm not a smoker and never have been, but don't see any reason to ban smoking on the golf course.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I think it would be a bad idea, if you ban smoking outside, there's no place left to smoke!  I'm not a smoker and never have been, but don't see any reason to ban smoking on the golf course.

They have their homes don't they?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For those actually, aginst all logic, concerned about second hand smoke on a golf course- I hate to break it to you but while on the course you are constantly breathing in harmful chemicals from the fertilizers, pestcides, herbicides, and fungicides that are much worse for you than catching the scent of someone's cigarette. None of us are going to get out of this life alive so please just try and relax a bit while you're here.

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!