IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

4 hours ago, billchao said:

Hopefully by then some other company will have a product that suits my needs.

Arccos?

Shot Scope?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I haven't given up hope on GG yet.

But the tank is at an all-time low.

ShotScope, meh. requires the watch to be close to the sensor WHEN you swing. So you have to wear a big clunky watch.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Arccos?

Shot Scope?

Neither of those options appeals to me.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I haven't given up hope on GG yet.

I haven't either, but not exactly looking to upgrade my unit. When my GG dies then I'm probably done.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

22 minutes ago, billchao said:

Neither of those options appeals to me.

I haven't either, but not exactly looking to upgrade my unit. When my GG dies then I'm probably done.

I feel similarly.  I'm still using my GG Live. Someone asked me about it during a round a couple weeks ago, and for the first time I said that I'm not sure I would recommend it anymore.

Craig

On 9/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, iacas said:

ShotScope, meh. requires the watch to be close to the sensor WHEN you swing. So you have to wear a big clunky watch.

Too bad it doesn't work with the Apple Watch.

Craig

Hmm...I can't log into my desktop program.  Also can't log into my account on the website.

Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by RFKFREAK
Website has issues.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Hmm...I can't log into my desktop program.  Also can't log into my account on the website.

Anyone else having this issue?

I get a weird error when I try to access the site. Must be something on their end.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Their site right now has a database connection error. Those can happen, but then again…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, seems to be a regular issue with these folks.  Sad to hear, in part because I really like the product when it works.

And also because I think I putted well today and I'd like to get the data to find out. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

When your on the course and you hit a shot don’t you know how far it went when you get to your ball? If the green is 150 and your 5 yards short you hit it 145. I could see using it on a poorly marked range but on the course?

1 minute ago, tinker said:

When your on the course and you hit a shot don’t you know how far it went when you get to your ball? If the green is 150 and your 5 yards short you hit it 145. I could see using it on a poorly marked range but on the course?

Are you writing down how far every single shot went and then keeping track of those averages over multiple years?

What about the direction that every single shot went in relation to the green (long, short, left, right, etc)?

What about strokes gained data and the ability to compare your strokes gained data to other golfers of varying handicaps?

Can you do all of that plus keep track of GIR, scrambling, proximity to the hole on every shot, etc in a quick easy seamless way that doesn't interrupt the flow of your own (or your playing partners') games?

Also in regards to the distance, using your method can very easily get skewed on tee shots, lets say there's a 350 yd par 4, after your tee shot you have 50 yds left to the front flag on a long narrow green. Some people would just assume that means they hit their drive 300 yds, but if the tee boxes were moved up 20 yds that day, and the 350 yd hole measurement was to the center of the green, then in reality they likely only hit that drive 260-270 yds. Big difference. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I had a thought this weekend after I had about 8 putts from a foot off the green - it would really be nice if we could place a shot into a strokes: gained category. For example, on putts that are off the green, my understanding is that GG puts them into the short game category for SG. I would really like to be able to put those putts into the putting category. When it's a foot off the green, for example, I don't really consider that a short game shot. I know I could do this myself by just moving the putts to the edge of the green, but then that would affect my GIR stat (presumably not my SG: approach stats, but who knows with GG).

Relatedly, I really wish the SG: short game category could be changed from under 100 yards to under 50 yards or something. For me, under 50 yards is where I start to not really have a full swing motion, so it would be nice if I could get only those shots included in the short game category. I don't know how much of the short game category is because of a wedge approach or a short game short. If you really mess up a 99 yard wedge, you're going to lose a lot in SG. But for GG, that will go into the short game stats.

Really wish they would put some time into making the data more accessible or useful.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

As of 10/7, this morning, Game Golf site seems to be up and running.  

Yep, but I was unsuccessful in multiple attempts to upload my round.  I'll try again when I get home after work and will contact them if I'm unable to.  Too bad, I was hoping to edit and sign it at work today. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Yep, but I was unsuccessful in multiple attempts to upload my round.  I'll try again when I get home after work and will contact them if I'm unable to.  Too bad, I was hoping to edit and sign it at work today. 

I uploaded my round this morning.

I tried to delete a shot and move a putt off the green but got an error.  I then decided to send a bug report and when I submitted it, my round was no longer there so I sent another bug report and hope they can get it back.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Just wanted to mention 2 things.

My GG Live unit would no longer hold a charge so I purchased a 603048 3.7V 900mAh LiPo battery(w/pcm) on ebay to replace the oem one. I believe there are multiple versions of the belt clip. Mine has the clip with the flat profile. There are 4 screws (tiny torx T6) that must be removed to open the unit. 2 of them are partially covered by the clip so it must be removed. That was the most difficult part. There is a piece of spring steel molded into the clip. You can slide a tiny flat head screwdriver or something similar between that spring steel and body of the unit, pry it up and slide the clip off. Then remove the screws to access the battery. If you don't want to do that, you could probably use a dremel to carve small notches in the clip to allow clearance for the torx tool. The battery is adhered to the main circuit board, so pry up gently/slowly to release it. Cut the wires, solder on/shrink tube the new battery's wires, put some mounting tape on the new battery and adhere it to the original location. Reassemble and you're done. Works like a champ.

One of my tags stopped being recognized so I read the FAQ page on their website, clicked on the link that is supposed to bring me to a page where I can purchase another one, but the link was dead. I emailed them with a photo of the tag showing no physical damage. Today, 17 days later, they replied stating that they will send me a replacement.

• Like 1

• Administrator
9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I had a thought this weekend after I had about 8 putts from a foot off the green - it would really be nice if we could place a shot into a strokes: gained category. For example, on putts that are off the green, my understanding is that GG puts them into the short game category for SG. I would really like to be able to put those putts into the putting category.

No, because they're not. They're a short game shot. They're not a putt; they're from off the green.

Your weird decisions about what goes where would screw up the stats for everyone else.

When it's a foot off the green, for example, I don't really consider that a short game shot.

So? They balance out with the 80-footers that you hit near the front fringe to a back pin.

Relatedly, I really wish the SG: short game category could be changed from under 100 yards to under 50 yards or something.

If so, then again, the stats for everyone would be thrown off. Like it or not, shots from 100 yards and in are defined and accepted as a short game shot.

You're creating too many buckets, and if you do so, the stats will become less useful. Your "within one yard of the green" is different than someone in Scotland where they putt from 20 yards off the green sometimes and don't consider that a "short game shot."

And < 100 yard shots are rarely actually "approach shots" (except on par fives), so just leave that category alone. Had they to do it over again, they might have chosen 80 yards or something, but they chose 100 and everyone's rolling with it.

Besides, with a proper platform (and GG could still do it, or Arccos), you could actually pull these data bits out. You could look at SG:Custom and set it to "short game from > 2 yards and < 50 yards" or whatever, and compare it to other categories of golfers.

So, what you're really asking for, is the ability to do that, not the ability to actually change how things are defined.

If you really mess up a 99 yard wedge, you're going to lose a lot in SG. But for GG, that will go into the short game stats.

You're still going to lose the same number of shots regardless of what category it's in.

Really wish they would put some time into making the data more accessible or useful.

Yep.

3 hours ago, KoHo said:

One of my tags stopped being recognized so I read the FAQ page on their website, clicked on the link that is supposed to bring me to a page where I can purchase another one, but the link was dead. I emailed them with a photo of the tag showing no physical damage. Today, 17 days later, they replied stating that they will send me a replacement.

They're generally still pretty good about that stuff.