IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/826602

I did the golfs. It went surprisingly well. This course lets me get away with some of my misses, and now that I've played it about a dozen times, I can actually GamePlan it pretty well. Not that I shouldn't have been able to do that already, but I'm stupid. And not the good kind of stupid.

Long game was pretty good by my standards. Hit a couple of big pushes where I could get away with them, except for the second shot on 4 where I got lucky it hit a tree and it bounced back in play.

Short game distance control is like the opening of a Dickens' novel. I need to stop using the LW as my go-to club.

Putting was great except for the abysmal failure of a lag putt on 9. I recently changed my setup and I'm nailing my start lines.

Probably going to be the last round I'll be able to play for a bit, so I'm going to enjoy it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

15 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Wow, very unlike you! Putter really wasn't behaving for the first few holes...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

16 hours ago, billchao said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/826602

I did the golfs. It went surprisingly well. This course lets me get away with some of my misses, and now that I've played it about a dozen times, I can actually GamePlan it pretty well. Not that I shouldn't have been able to do that already, but I'm stupid. And not the good kind of stupid.

Long game was pretty good by my standards. Hit a couple of big pushes where I could get away with them, except for the second shot on 4 where I got lucky it hit a tree and it bounced back in play.

Short game distance control is like the opening of a Dickens' novel. I need to stop using the LW as my go-to club.

Putting was great except for the abysmal failure of a lag putt on 9. I recently changed my setup and I'm nailing my start lines.

Probably going to be the last round I'll be able to play for a bit, so I'm going to enjoy it.

I like playing 9 holes and wish we had a course like that around where I live.  Torrey Pines North course is being renovated/redesigned and for the past few months only 9 holes have been open.  So, temporarily we've had a 9 hole course with distances like a full course.  That all comes to end this Sunday and Torrey North will then be closed until October or so.  Having my last run at it tomorrow.

16 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Ouch, longest put made 3 feet.  Looks like my putting.

Played seven holes of the the back nine at +2.  Which is pretty good for me.  I even birdied the longest hole on the course.  But the other two holes--OUCH!   I was +8 for the other two holes (#10 and #18).  

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/826601

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/826627

League round last night. Awesome putting night. 4 putt and two 3 putts. :censored:

Can not get above the hole until the greens grow in more.

On a good note, my chipping has really improved when I execute what @iacas has shown me. I feel much more confident now from inside of 30 yards then I have in many years,

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Played my last ever round at Torrey Pines North this morning.  Currently you can only play the front nine.  They will be shutting down for a redesign this coming Monday.

The rough wasn't too tough today as it was about as short as it gets for Torrey rough.  The greens were fast and the pin placements were tough.  Fast as in at a lot of places if you miss your putt from above the hole you'll probably be going to drickly 20 feet or more and off the green.

This was a decent roung as I only had a handful of swings with poor contact.  I feel I'm slowly making progress in that area...  Keys 1, 2, and 3, right?

The highlight was a 259 yard drive on the first hole, not aided by wind, slope, or fast fairway.  What! It's hard for me to believe.  I had a 265 yard drive Friday, but that may have had a cart path bounce that I couldn't see.  I did overspeed training last week for the 1st time and it's like someone waved a magic wand and gave me 20 to 30 yards more distance.  I'm not buying it yet, time will tell.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/fep/round/830260

is there a way you can view make % for your putting stats on GG? would be interesting to know make % for certain length putts. Apologies if there is already a way and I haven't found it......I feel the UI for the gamegolf software is awful.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/832769

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/832383

First time posting here so please be nice. I'm using GameGolf on my phone. It can be a challenge to tag clubs and add penalties when the course is crowded (which it wasn't today). I had to edit a few holes when I got home. I tagged one club before I got to the tee box (had me hitting a 265 yard 5 wood). I also failed to tag a couple of shots and had to add those in.

Played from the short tees which I plan to do more of this year. Will play from 6,000 once every few rounds, but these tees offer plenty of challenge for my skill level. 

When my putting is as bad as it was today, it's almost laughable... almost. 4-putted the first hole! Who does that??? And it's not like these are tough greens. But I was pretty happy to be hitting the irons straighter for a change.

Hope to record more GG rounds. It's kind of cool looking it over afterwards.

Jon

First round played with Gamegolf, and really love what it produced.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/cutchemist42/round/840621

It was also my first round of the year on a course so soggy from rain the starter let me play for free. I fiddled around with two different systems of tagging, and I think I prefer to walk up to the ball and tag, and then step back and do my warmup. (My warmup isnt a full swing, just some exaggerated swing components to ingrain stuff before the real swing)

Played a little par3 that recently changed ownership so yardage signs weren't up. Im bad at gauging with my eyes so a few times I was using 9is but afraid to swing fully in case I wasnt looking at it right. The only hole that had signage up was the last hole where I nailed the yardage really well .

Other than that, first round and I think short game touch was lost over the 6 month winter. Might take a few rounds to come back.

Really like the product.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/838560

Shot a 44 this past Tuesday in our work league.

Worst score I have shot in this league in... um ever. (15 years)

4 three putts and two penalty strokes certainly helps.

10th Par 5 - front fringe in two, 25ft putt to 4ft hole high, miss

12th Par 4 - 80yd LW thinned over the green into a hazard, 6

14th Par 4 - PW to 20ft putted to 5ft short, missed

15th Par 5 - front bunker in two(the traps are terrible), 25ft putt to 4ft passed, missed

16th Par 4 - Drive right into hazard, 6

17th Par 4 - front of green, 50ft putted to 10ft to miss

18th Par 4 - Pulled Driver, punch out, on green two putt, 5

I am putting so scared right now. Afraid to get it above the hole and if I do, doubly scared to go past coming back because of the green speeds. No excuse though. Have to get these putts hole high at some point. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I ordered my game golf system about a week ago got a great deal on ebay and was really excited to use it. After tracking the package yesterday was finally the day it would arrive. I drove a little quicker home from work couldn't wait to get my clubs set up and hit the course. As I pull in the driveway I see my dogs are having a little too much fun with debris all over my yard and I get out of my car and see all these little red tabs laying everywhere. The tabs are all accounted for and in good condition but the actual device is nowhere to be found... long story short my goddamn dogs ate my gamegolf. Very frustrating since the package easily could have fit in my mailbox but whoever delivered it felt my front porch was a fine place for it with 2 dogs running around.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lugowskins said:

I ordered my game golf system about a week ago got a great deal on ebay and was really excited to use it. After tracking the package yesterday was finally the day it would arrive. I drove a little quicker home from work couldn't wait to get my clubs set up and hit the course. As I pull in the driveway I see my dogs are having a little too much fun with debris all over my yard and I get out of my car and see all these little red tabs laying everywhere. The tabs are all accounted for and in good condition but the actual device is nowhere to be found... long story short my goddamn dogs ate my gamegolf. Very frustrating since the package easily could have fit in my mailbox but whoever delivered it felt my front porch was a fine place for it with 2 dogs running around.

Ha ha!  (Sorry, man.  I couldn't help it. :-P)  That really SUCKS!  You might scout around your yard a bit more.  The device seems too big for them to eat unless they totally ripped it apart.  

43 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

Ha ha!  (Sorry, man.  I couldn't help it. :-P)  That really SUCKS!  You might scout around your yard a bit more.  The device seems too big for them to eat unless they totally ripped it apart.

Bits and pieces were found...

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/844743

32 from the black (back) tees on the front nine at Whispering Woods. It was just one of those days. Except for a ten-footer I made on the first hole for par, I just hit a few shots really close. I could have putted with my foot and shot 33 or 34.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, iacas said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/844743

32 from the black (back) tees on the front nine at Whispering Woods. It was just one of those days. Except for a ten-footer I made on the first hole for par, I just hit a few shots really close. I could have putted with my foot and shot 33 or 34.

How do you honestly just call it, and go home after shooting 4 under without playing the back?!

And I don't mean to pry, but some of your drives were much shorter than others. I'm curious if you intentionally hit your driver shorter for position, or is there something else I'm missing like uphill fairways/etc.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, bm85 said:

How do you honestly just call it, and go home after shooting 4 under without playing the back?!

And I don't mean to pry, but some of your drives were much shorter than others. I'm curious if you intentionally hit your driver shorter for position, or is there something else I'm missing like uphill fairways/etc.

Thanks!

Whispering woods has lots of these types of terrain. Uphill/downhill you name it, its got it. The only thing I didn't see is hard pan. Quite the opposite as I recall. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
3 hours ago, bm85 said:

1. @NatalieB was with me.
  2. I played in a soccer game at 7:30. We played from 4:00 to about 5:40. (Could have done it in about 1:10 without the slow twosome in front of us).

Besides, it wasn't going to continue. The greens were punched, too, on Monday.

3 hours ago, bm85 said:

The first hole is into the wind and uphill. And, well, it's the first hole. :-) The eighth hole is steeply DOWN hill, while the 9th is dramatically UP hill. I heeled the one on the 9th, and the one on the 8th was a little bit high on the face, yet one went, what, 50 yards farther than the other?

The drive on 7 was good. Slightly uphill. The 3W on 5 was good too. The drive on 3 was hit hard but caught up in the right rough and rolled down the very steep hill slightly backward.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!