IGNORED

Super long drives

CarlOwen
Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I ones hit a PW to a par 5, on a golf course in spain hole 4 off El Higueral in Benahavis. 468 meters

It's a fairly straight par 5 bends just slightly right.  first 250 yards is flat after that it slopes about 10 yards down hill, i knew if i could land it somewhere on that downhill slope i would get massive distance. Well not only did i crush that drive it ended up only 118 yards off the green.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

if it goes straight that is

300 yards right is still 300 yards. :-D

There I edited it for ya

Originally Posted by colin007

Dude, most hackers on the local munis will see a 280 yard drive and swear it must've went 340. People don't realize how far 300 is on a level fairway with zero roll.

Matt, I assumed that the level fairway with zero roll that I replied to assumed it was carry. ;-)

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, we all know we're not Rory or Ricki Fowler, but every once in awhile we get just the right swing with a helpful tailwind and send the ball to tour level distances. This is what makes the game really fun. Today, with a storm approaching, and a tailwind probably around 20MPH I came within 70 yards of 365 yard par 4. That was really fun.

Yeah, nice... except that (290) is now the "Tour Distance" for 3 woods... You can't win in this game...

I've played every day this week and the longest ball I've hit (that I could find) was 298 yards.

In the words of Rick Vaughn in Major League 2 "I can't believe I've forgotten how to throw heat." :surrender:

On the course where I once lived, 10 years ago, we had Hole #9, 306 yrds from the blues to the middle, and slightly uphill. I did hit the green on roll several times, farthest it got was to the center of the green on a 2 tier green.

That was 10 years, 2 surgeries, and 2 swing changes ago.... lol.

Now at upper middle age, if I get 240 distance, I'm thinking ... great. Game Golf had me at 258 a couple of weeks ago on one drive. Must be the liteweight shafts and heads... If you're getting up there like me, check out the Bobby Jones Driver ... it's producing miracles for me (but the sound! Hot melt is coming). And now I've got a Callaway BB V Series, and it seems to go as far with a great sound ... liteweight works (But the Bobby Jones is more direct feel and goes straight and high ... need to move down to 10.5 and go +1)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Yeah, nice... except that (290) is now the "Tour Distance" for 3 woods... You can't win in this game...

Average driving distance is 290 yards, and ranges from 275 to 315 yards. Sorry, but no way they average 290 with the 3-wood. You over estimate how far PGA Tour players hit it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I can belt one out there now and then. The course my league plays has a 240 carry over a pond that I don't even worry about. Recently I can't hit anything good but generally 250ish drives are normal. I've had more than a few 300+ drives this year but they are not my normal drives.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Golf with matt @saevel25 and you'll see what 300 yards looks like real quick. :-D

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/77341/super-long-drives#post_1058802"] There I edited it for ya :whistle: [/quote] [quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/77341/super-long-drives#post_1058809"] 300 yards right is still 300 yards. :-D Matt, I assumed that the level fairway with zero roll that I replied to assumed it was carry. ;-) [/quote] Lol!! Trust me, I can bomb it, I know what it looks like - it's impressive to see first hand, and much more rare than most average golfers on public courses seem to think.

Colin P.

OK, we all know we're not Rory or Ricki Fowler, but every once in awhile we get just the right swing with a helpful tailwind and send the ball to tour level distances. This is what makes the game really fun.

Today, with a storm approaching, and a tailwind probably around 20MPH I came within 70 yards of 365 yard par 4.

That was really fun.

Yeah but what'd you shoot? No golf course I have ever played had a spot on the scorecard to write driving distance.

James

Yeah but what'd you shoot? No golf course I have ever played had a spot on the scorecard to write driving distance.

They usually leave enough room to make one though!

My average drive is around 270. I hit one about 350 once. It was a really, really downhill 450 yard par 4. I caught the slope just right and ended up on a shelf 100 yards from the green. The wind was actually against me on that day, so I wonder what I could do on that hole if the wind was at my back.

I also hit a 3 wood 294 off the tee this weekend. Wind at my back, nice little draw, and a nice forward bounce when it landed.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Average driving distance is 290 yards, and ranges from 275 to 315 yards. Sorry, but no way they average 290 with the 3-wood. You over estimate how far PGA Tour players hit it.

Yeah, yeah... but the AVERAGE includes the guys you NEVER SEE ON SUNDAY. :-D Why is it we hear, almost every week, "Oh, he's taking the bunkers at 340 out of play.. he's got a 3 wood in his hands..."? And then promptly gets the on screen graphic "Drive Distance 289.6 yards" or whatever. I guess that those claims of 20 more yards for every new model of woods and drivers is actually true for those guys. I was more or less commenting on the ridiculousness of the pursuit of distance. Hey, I started out as a 12 year old hitting it "tour distances"... The 1928 tour, not the 1976 tour. Even now, I hit it "tour distance"- 1967 Tour, of course... but you get the idea. IF you could average tour distances, then you could be on the tour. As long as putting, chipping and accuracy weren't involved...

I hit my longest drive ever this year in a high school tournament (and even hit the fairway with it :dance: ) with firm fairways and a bit of a downslope to help me out (the course was in better condition that the Google Maps photo though)

It was the Boomerang Links Golf Course in Greely on the 3rd hole, a par 5 which I had 188 into for my second shot.

I know it's never going to happen again, but it's a good memory that I have from it(I was killing it off the tee all day in that tournament).

Living in CO we should be excluded from these threads. I've hit some real WTF drives this year. But as my ball striking gets better it's the awesome iron distance I dig.

Dave :-)

Living in CO we should be excluded from these threads. I've hit some real WTF drives this year. But as my ball striking gets better it's the awesome iron distance I dig.

Hitting more short irons does make the game more fun.

There have been times that I have absolutely smashed the f90k out of the ball. In fact, Ive smashed so much f89k out of the ball the ball had no more f85k to give. Then Im walking towards the ball with the GPS thingy set to measure distances thinking to myself that this is going to be close to a world record....only to get there and the GPS doodad only just ticks over 250 yards!

Mailman

• Upvote 1

Mailman

There have been times that I have absolutely smashed the f90k out of the ball. In fact, Ive smashed so much f89k out of the ball the ball had no more f85k to give. Then Im walking towards the ball with the GPS thingy set to measure distances thinking to myself that this is going to be close to a world record....only to get there and the GPS doodad only just ticks over 250 yards!

Mailman

There are some guys in our Saturday game that are quite long but since most of the tee shots are uphill and the fairway grass is much longer than average it doesn't show up except for carry distance.

A guy last Saturday hit this shot and it was the hardest hit ball anybody could ever remember on this hole. The ball hit the top of the tree in the fairway at the top of a fairly steep hill. I wondered what the carry distance to the tree was (because I've never been there) and it was only 303 yards to the tree from Google Earth.

(Of course the "carry" would had been longer if it hadn't hit the tree.)

Mailman

Not meters? ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!