IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

Note: This thread is 1186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

You got a swing speed of 139 MPH?  Wow, mine is around 110 and questioned how much help this would be for someone like me.

We were using the lightest stick, green, to hit those speeds. My normal swing speed is 118mph. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, phillyk said:

We were using the lightest stick, green, to hit those speeds. My normal swing speed is 118mph. 

Oh, ok.  I don't know much about the system and thought it was your swing speed with the driver. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

2 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

When swinging without a ball add 5-10% to the number on the screen to get a realistic number.  It’s in the instruction manual.

I didn't know that. Of course I didn't read the manual.

Apparently I had it positioned wrong, too. It's suppsed to be facing the direction the swing is coming from slightly, like at a 45° angle, and not perpendicular to the target line as I had it. Not sure how much difference it would actually make, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I didn't know that. Of course I didn't read the manual.

Apparently I had it positioned wrong, too. It's suppsed to be facing the direction the swing is coming from slightly, like at a 45° angle, and not perpendicular to the target line as I had it. Not sure how much difference it would actually make, though.

When I hit balls the positioning matters.  I don’t think it does when just swinging without a ball there since today I was moving it around a lot before I googled my issue.  
Yeah, last year I didn’t notice but today I started realizing something was wrong.  I thought it was the batteries but I googled it and it led me to the directions that came with it.  Good thing to know.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a nice enough day out that I'm probably going to hit some balls. It's also a training day. Should I do the training before I hit balls, or after? I was thinking before.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, billchao said:

It's a nice enough day out that I'm probably going to hit some balls. It's also a training day. Should I do the training before I hit balls, or after? I was thinking before.

Before. Or after. Won't matter much… so long as you're rested for each session.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

Before. Or after. Won't matter much… so long as you're rested for each session.

I was thinking I'd do the training before, then rest 5-10 minutes and hit some balls.

I'm really only hitting golf balls because I have an iron fitting tomorrow and I haven't hit any balls in weeks. Don't want to go in completely cold.

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I was thinking I'd do the training before, then rest 5-10 minutes and hit some balls.

I'm really only hitting golf balls because I have an iron fitting tomorrow and I haven't hit any balls in weeks. Don't want to go in completely cold.

I’m older than you obviously, but I do a partial warm up with some active stretches and hitting a few balls first, then SS. Then I’d take a break for 10 and got back to my golf specific work. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’m older than you obviously

Really? Never noticed 😉

19 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I do a partial warm up with some active stretches and hitting a few balls first, then SS. Then I’d take a break for 10 and got back to my golf specific work. 

Ill try that today since I have a more time than I usually do.

Honestly I rarely warm up for any physical activity, it's kind of a bad habit of mine.

Bill

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’m older than you obviously, but I do a partial warm up with some active stretches and hitting a few balls first, then SS. Then I’d take a break for 10 and got back to my golf specific work. 

4 hours ago, billchao said:

Really? Never noticed 😉

Ill try that today since I have a more time than I usually do.

Honestly I rarely warm up for any physical activity, it's kind of a bad habit of mine.

Does anybody do the warmup protocol they say to do? I sure don’t. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

35 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Does anybody do the warmup protocol they say to do? I sure don’t. 

I think if you are used to warming up for exercise and golf, you know how to get ready for this. I just make sure my shoulders, hips, arms and wrists are loose and ready. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 11/15/2019 at 12:38 PM, billchao said:

Getting a new set of irons?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Getting a new set of irons?

Yea, I posted in my swing thread about it. Going back tomorrow to get fit for woods.

Bill

My Swing Thread

So... these things really work, huh?

To be honest, I wouldn't mind picking up 5 - 7 mph with my driver. As far as speed measurement goes, I'm planning to get a Garmin Approach G80 with launch monitor & GPS after Jan 1st when my savings bucks at the golf shop kick in from the irons, driver, hybrids, and FW I bought in 2019. Those will pay for all but about $50 of it.

But before I hurt myself, I've been hitting the gym. I also have a heated driving range available except when it is rainy and windy, so this winter I don't plan to lollygag like I did last year.

What's the average swing speed gain you guys have been getting?

• Like 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 11/13/2019 at 1:54 PM, RFKFREAK said:

You got a swing speed of 139 MPH?  Wow, mine is around 110 and questioned how much help this would be for someone like me.

He's talking about his speed (presumably) with the green club, not his driver swing speed.  His post said that his normal swing is 119.

1 minute ago, criley4way said:

I know SuperSpeed is measuring the speed with the training clubs but are others keeping track with their drivers?

I don't.  I don't have HMT, so I just measure the super speed stick gains and track my ball speed gains, if any.  Ball speed is what's important any way.

I'm going to start this up again, the indoor facility I go to for practice and lessons has a set of the sticks and the radar so I'll be able to do them indoors this winter instead of freezing outside like I was last winter.

My baseline driver clubhead speed (average speed of 10 drives yesterday) measured on Trackman is 110.1mph with a max of 113

My goal is to get my average clubhead speed to 115, which should allow me to get into the 170's for ball speed pretty easily on my good strikes. (Right now ball speed is 165-166 on good strikes with my max being 169.0)

I'll likely be able to get 1-2 sessions in this week, but I'll be out of the country on vacation next week so I'm going to treat this as a warm up/introductory week and then the week of Dec 8th will be my first full week following their introductory protocol which I will follow for the recommended 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Note: This thread is 1186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!