IGNORED

Smoking Weed on the Golf Course

Patch
Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is just flat out stupid that pot is illegal. Treat it like alcohol (a far more dangerous and destructive substance) and regulate it's sale and use. The war on drugs in this country is a joke because of the inclusion of pot.

That all said, those guys were rude to light up with the kid around, but they didn't deserve to be confronted and cuffed by off duty cops.

Agree with all of this. Well said.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is just flat out stupid that pot is illegal. Treat it like alcohol (a far more dangerous and destructive substance) and regulate it's sale and use. The war on drugs in this country is a joke because of the inclusion of pot. That all said, those guys were rude to light up with the kid around, but they didn't deserve to be confronted and cuffed by off duty cops.

Yes, rude and disrespectfull. Usually it's not the actual event, such as a speeding ticket or in this case smoked some weed that gets people handcuffed. it's the righteousness, the attitude, the talking back, the challenging and questioning of an officers actions, that falls in act of "resistance". The protocol for officers for anyone resisting an officers instructions or questioning is to " arrest" the person. By means of handcuffs, removal, immobilizing, isolation from the immediate area or contain. Not all officers use cuffs, but many give a few warning questions or additional instructions for the person(s) to reconsider what is being said or declined. Then the cuffs or immobilization occurs. In my generation when an officer spoke to you or asked something, the reply was always yes/ no sir or mam. You keep you mouth shut and your body language and facial expressions in check. Just because pot is legal in certain states, (of which I disagree with) despite this many companies doing some hiring in those states are all using 3rd party blood and drug testing to prove employment worthiness. The test are highly accurate. Especially in sales, marketing or any occupation that deals with public face to face or over the phone even. It's no longer limited to truck drivers or heavy machinery operators, regardless if it's legal or conducted only the weekends or golf courses If it's in your blood, urine or hair, it's there for 6 months and highly traceable. Don't ask why or act surprised when you don't get that job or advancement. It might be legal but it doesn't prevent a company's decision in its own hiring practices.

• Upvote 1

I see two issues in CO.

1 - the car rental return area at the airport stinks horribly -

2 - it 'seems' (correct me if I'm wrong) that you guys have no control/standards over packaging and dosage in all the little shops

(disclaimer, I'm terribly biased, I hate the stuff and can't stand it being around me or my family, and my personal exposure to it has been biased as it was 99% idiots and mumblers - IMO, others should be able to do as they like as long as there is no 2nd hand annoyances, but that's pretty much unavoidable and many seem to rejoice in being obnoxious about it.  I'm consistent, I have the same position on cigarettes too, and analogous positions on alcohol too, FWIW)

1 - Why would the car rental area stink?

2 - If you are referring to edibles there isn't any standards but the dosage, % of THC, what strain and recommended dose is printed on the packaging. It is probably less than people realize and those products are expensive. For example a candy bar with 12 segments could be 50mg, 100mg or Xmg. You don't eat the entire thing just one segment. The media features I've seen show the commercial edibles manufacturers take care to make the dose as even as possible.

Due to the expense I doubt someone would want to use more than they need. My experience is the dispensaries are helpful in what they recommend. The patient I know buys small containers of tic-tac sized lozenges. The dosage is one lozenge. It can be bought in various strengths. They don't just randomly make this stuff. It's pretty complex, chromatography is used to determine THC content. The commercial edibles makers aren't hippies cooking brownies.

Dave :-)

1 - Why would the car rental area stink?

I wouldn't know.  It just does.

Probably travelers smoking while driving, or sitting in the rental returns trying to smoke off the vacation purchase leftovers before taking the shuttle to the terminal.

But it stinks something awful.

Bill - 

Due to the expense I doubt someone would want to use more than they need. My experience is the dispensaries are helpful in what they recommend. The patient I know buys small containers of tic-tac sized lozenges. The dosage is one lozenge. It can be bought in various strengths. They don't just randomly make this stuff. It's pretty complex, chromatography is used to determine THC content. The commercial edibles makers aren't hippies cooking brownies.

It is pretty amazing how people who do not live here seem to think they know what goes on here.  Even a guy who lives in CO has posted nonsense about the "typical pot shop".

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

It is pretty amazing how people who do not live here seem to think they know what goes on here.  Even a guy who lives in CO has posted nonsense about the "typical pot shop".

See that's the problem with everything out there.  Only the idiots get the press.  (extend that to politics, religions, social/political issues, business, etc)

I noted that the only dopers I 'observe' are the idiots and the self righteous stereotypes of the worst of the worst.  And that falsely biases my opinion, a lot.

In reality, anyone that uses properly is likely not right 'out there' and doesn't get noticed - and thus isn't  visible good example to counter the idiots' examples.  This is normal for a lot of things.  Media and internet encourage people to take the more extreme outlook on any demographic.

It helps to just want people to choose for themselves on these subjective issues and not care either way.  It helps to realize that for every idiot we see, there are likely a couple medical users that need the relief, and likely 10 recreational users that aren't idiots about it.

If you do something and we don't really notice one way or the other, then you are likely doing it in a way that's not socially harmful.  If someone does something and makes a big "stink" about it (see what I did there?), then they are likely hurting their cause.

FWIW

Bill - 

Yes, rude and disrespectfull.

Usually it's not the actual event, such as a speeding ticket or in this case smoked some weed that gets people handcuffed. it's the righteousness, the attitude, the talking back, the challenging and questioning of an officers actions, that falls in act of "resistance".

In my generation when an officer spoke to you or asked something, the reply was always yes/ no sir or mam. You keep you mouth shut and your body language and facial expressions in check.

Agreed.

When I was a senior in high school a buddy of mine and I were driving home from a basketball game on a back road. We were pulled over by police, (I was going the speed limit), and asked to step out of the car. We complied while the police searched us and the car for alcohol or drugs. When they saw we were clean, they told us to be on our way.

We never thought of giving the police any lip or other form of disrespect, even though we hadn't done anything wrong. We also didn't think that our rights were being violated, because apparently there was someone on the road who was either drunk or transporting illegal substances, and the police were trying to keep our community safer for us.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfisher

Yes, rude and disrespectfull.

Usually it's not the actual event, such as a speeding ticket or in this case smoked some weed that gets people handcuffed. it's the righteousness, the attitude, the talking back, the challenging and questioning of an officers actions, that falls in act of "resistance".

In my generation when an officer spoke to you or asked something, the reply was always yes/ no sir or mam. You keep you mouth shut and your body language and facial expressions in check.

Agreed.

When I was a senior in high school a buddy of mine and I were driving home from a basketball game on a back road. We were pulled over by police, (I was going the speed limit), and asked to step out of the car. We complied while the police searched us and the car for alcohol or drugs. When they saw we were clean, they told us to be on our way.

We never thought of giving the police any lip or other form of disrespect, even though we hadn't done anything wrong. We also didn't think that our rights were being violated, because apparently there was someone on the road who was either drunk or transporting illegal substances, and the police were trying to keep our community safer for us.

This might seem a little old fashioned, but I don't see any other reasonable way to react when a peace officer asks you a question or pulls you over.

If you react with a chip on your shoulder, the only reaction one can expect is for the officer to become suspicious of something.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It was a little rough several years ago but those dispensaries didn't make it very long. My friend is 71 and ultra-conservative. If he has to visit a new dispensary I chaperone because he still is uncomfortable with it due to years of drug war stigma. I am always impressed with the time they take with him. My hip new age Cherry Creek physicians office isn't as nice as some of those places.

Dave :-)

Agreed. When I was a senior in high school a buddy of mine and I were driving home from a basketball game on a back road. We were pulled over by police, (I was going the speed limit), and asked to step out of the car. We complied while the police searched us and the car for alcohol or drugs. When they saw we were clean, they told us to be on our way. We never thought of giving the police any lip or other form of disrespect, even though we hadn't done anything wrong. We also didn't think that our rights were being violated, because apparently there was someone on the road who was either drunk or transporting illegal substances, and the police were trying to keep our community safer for us.

I would have had a huge issue with the police officers doing that and I would have gotten as animated and emphatic as I'd need to in response to how far they'd choose to pursue it. I don't care what their good intentions are, I'm not waiving my rights that casually. But that's off topic.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I understood the attitude part happened in the lot. Still don't think it's the place of an off-duty LEO to investigate something so petty. Especially if it's driven by emotion because family was involved. If they don't say anything nothing happens. They have no idea what could happen, is it worth the risk it takes a violent turn with their child present. I don't think so but honestly I'm not 100% buying the story as written. If I was approached for any reason by off duty cops asking me questions it would be me dialing 911.

Nice attitude.  It's responses like this that cause problems all over this country.  ZERO respect for authority, and no one can tell you you are wrong, or what to do.  I'm adding your name to my memory bank, so that if we ever cross paths on the golf course I'll be sure to not disturb your patch of Sodom or Gomorrah.

Entitled prick.

Nice attitude.  It's responses like this that cause problems all over this country.  ZERO respect for authority, and no one can tell you you are wrong, or what to do.  I'm adding your name to my memory bank, so that if we ever cross paths on the golf course I'll be sure to not disturb your patch of Sodom or Gomorrah.

Entitled prick.

A little much no?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

But that seems to be the truth and sort of brings up an entitlement opinion with some, " You better not do that cause my sons a cop and will be here later". The rest of us have to be afraid of cops and their immediate families and friends because they can put swift justice upon us? That is not what the police are for but it seems they are used in this way. The two young jerks would have been on their way and does the OP think about what harm this may have put upon these guys and their families? Quite likely job loss and other problems like losing a home or even divorce, I think people feel swift revenge is just and all the consequences someone else suffers for that are just too bad. I agree they were jerks but a night in jail along like with everything else that could happen? come on do we really want to live in a society where one small misstep can ruin your whole life, and believe me this has happened to people I know so it's not far fetched.

Are you serious?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Let's recap this according to the OP...

Guys simply light up a joint in front of a minor.  Never asked permission out of even courtesy at least.

Young idiots were asked to not smoke weed around a minor and the young idiots get offended and launch into obscenities around a minor.

Parties separate and reunite in the parking lot with LEO's now present; child testifies to illegal behavior.

LEO's question offending young idiots and the rest is history.

The way you see this event is CLEARLY different than the way I see this.  Attitude of entitled young *******s smoking weed with no respect to a minor or other parties is what provoked this entire incident.  Acting like an asshat is the ROOT cause of the problem here IMHO.  Lack of respect for your elders, authority, or anyone else in society is what is the MAJOR cause of so many unnecessary negative incidents in society these days.

And I haven't even gotten into how stupid and moronic I think it is to smoke marijuana to begin with.  And it's obvious there are a few people here that don't see a problem with marijuana.  But honestly, that is another discussion, for another day I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkolo View Post

I would have had a huge issue with the police officers doing that and I would have gotten as animated and emphatic as I'd need to in response to how far they'd choose to pursue it. I don't care what their good intentions are, I'm not waiving my rights that casually.

But that's off topic.

Animated and emphatic doesn't work with most police - it certainly didn't work with Michael Smith or Eric Garner, did it? When given an order by a law enforcement officer, comply and sort it out in court. People don't win fights with police.

Entitled prick.

Are you serious?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Let's recap this according to the OP...

Guys simply light up a joint in front of a minor.  Never asked permission out of even courtesy at least.

Young idiots were asked to not smoke weed around a minor and the young idiots get offended and launch into obscenities around a minor.

Parties separate and reunite in the parking lot with LEO's now present; child testifies to illegal behavior.

LEO's question offending young idiots and the rest is history.

The way you see this event is CLEARLY different than the way I see this.  Attitude of entitled young *******s smoking weed with no respect to a minor or other parties is what provoked this entire incident.  Acting like an asshat is the ROOT cause of the problem here IMHO.  Lack of respect for your elders, authority, or anyone else in society is what is the MAJOR cause of so many unnecessary negative incidents in society these days.

And I haven't even gotten into how stupid and moronic I think it is to smoke marijuana to begin with.  And it's obvious there are a few people here that don't see a problem with marijuana.  But honestly, that is another discussion, for another day I suppose.

You might want to take your foot off the accelerator there, buddy.  Take a breath.  Relax.  Enjoy the surroundings.

Maybe even smoke a joint to take the edge off.  :)

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I understood the attitude part happened in the lot. Still don't think it's the place of an off-duty LEO to investigate something so petty. Especially if it's driven by emotion because family was involved. If they don't say anything nothing happens. They have no idea what could happen, is it worth the risk it takes a violent turn with their child present. I don't think so but honestly I'm not 100% buying the story as written. If I was approached for any reason by off duty cops asking me questions it would be me dialing 911.

Entitled prick.

If you continue insulting other members or calling them names, you will be restricted from the thread.

Everyone else, let us keep our posts civilized.  We can discuss events without degrading the thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Obviously way off topic, but if you'll humor me ...

With cops, you need to show them respect and cooperate with them as long as they are reasonable. The problems come when they overstep themselves. Be respectful, but don't let them intimidate you and trample your rights either. Most of the police I've dealt with are reasonable, but there are always exceptions.

In the example given by @dfreuter415 , I don't think the cops had just cause to search them. I would have said no.

In the example given by @dfreuter415 , I don't think the cops had just cause to search them. I would have said no.

I was thinking the same thing.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!