IGNORED

What do you really think when you see a guy playing yellow balls?

Artimas
Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dont care what color golf ball someone uses ... for me I have found yellow shows up better in someones backyard or pool ...:-D All kidding aside, I use them mainly to tell my ball from everyone else in the group ... I don't golf with many that use a colored ball ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is a yellow ball story that I've told in another thread...

I was playing my normal Monday morning game with my friend Jim, and had just bought some yellow Srixon balls that I decided to use. On this day I started with 4 bogeys and 4 double-bogeys. I can't remember the last time I was 12 over after 8 holes, but there was no way that I was going to quit.  Besides, my friend Jim has only beaten me once straight-up during our 25 year friendship, and that was for nine holes, so I'm sure he felt that this was finally his day.

Anyway, on the ninth hole I changed back to my Pro V1 white ball, and told Jim it was the yellow ball's fault for all of my bogies. AND, IT WAS! The next ten holes I shot even par with an eagle, a birdie, 3 bogies and 5 pars. I ended up shooting 83 and Jim shot 85, a good round for Jim but a better come back for me.

I gave the yellow balls to my wife and never looked back.

Yellow balls aren't my color! :doh:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I was playing my normal Monday morning game with my friend Jim, and had just bought some yellow Srixon balls that I decided to use. On this day I started with 4 bogeys and 4 double-bogeys. I can't remember the last time I was 12 over after 8 holes, but there was no way that I was going to quit.  Besides, my friend Jim has only beaten me once straight-up during our 25 year friendship, and that was for nine holes, so I'm sure he felt that this was finally his day.

Anyway, on the ninth hole I changed back to my Pro V1 white ball, and told Jim it was the yellow ball's fault for all of my bogies. AND, IT WAS! The next ten holes I shot even par with an eagle, a birdie, 3 bogies and 5 pars. I ended up shooting 83 and Jim shot 85, a good round for Jim but a better come back for me.

Yellow balls aren't my color!

LOL.   I sure hope she had better luck.   My wife uses Bridgestone E6 but laments the fact that it doesn't come in prettier color.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yellow balls aren't my color!

Amazing how the mind works, isn't it?

Butch

Yellow is a great color... just not during dandelion season.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Yellow is a great color... just not during dandelion season.

Very good point. Also not great if the driving range uses yellow range balls and a couple of the holes wrap around the range...."found it, nope not it, aha there it is...no not that one either...."

I have a box of orange Dunlop DDH for winter or for whenever im in an orange mood. They aren't that bad actually, not as good as the Callies is use but perfectly usable at £6.99 for 15

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• 7 months later...

I wish all the manufacturers would get on board with colored golf balls.  I love orange - they're the easiest for me to spot. I would experiment with any color available, though and .. if hot neon pink turned out to be the easiest for me to see . .then I would play a hot neon pink ball.  In the fall, the fairways I play on are often covered with leaves.  Normally I play a ProV1 but at this time of year I typically play anything I can get in orange.  Last year, I bought a whole bunch of orange, refurbished Bridgestone e6's . .they're serving me well.  

I have been playing yellow premium balls for about four years now.  It used to be a sign of a cheap ball but as others have said most premium balls come in colors today. I see low handicappers playing them so it can't be all bad. 

I do not discriminate based on color, this extends to golf balls and I am an opportunistic golf ball user, meaning I play what I find.  We find them walking around our house, in our backyard, in the backyard of the vacant house next to us, etc.  Hell, I have even found them in the gutters and the middle of the street (Pro V1X usually).  Sometimes during summer we will walk the golf course in the very late evening on the holes no one should be on and will see who can find the most balls in bushes (of course we are sure there are no golfers active before we do this, as opposed to the jack wagon who lives near #9 and likes to walk the golf course in the middle of the day between golfers teeing off and takes balls whenever.  I swear he took my ball one time, couldn't tell because it is a blind drive to fairway from tee box. He walked close by and I looked at him and he looked at me.  I almost told the golf pro shop because he does it all the time in the middle of the day and it is annoying, besides he could get hit by a tee shot on 9 as you cannot see him behind all the trees you are trying to put your ball past). 

The OCD part of me took over and made me wash them all up and organize them, even to the extent of putting them in ziplock bags of 12 by brand and type.  There is of course the outliers with not enough to make a pack. I have probably 7 dozen Pro V1x and 6 dozen Pro V1 that are perfectly playable.  Saving those for when I get better or for playing partners who may play them in the future.

I have a good amount of yellow balls and some orange and a few pink.  I even have one Green Nike Mojo ball.  Huh?  A green ball?  No wonder it got lost.

My playing partner is currently gaming a yellow ball and loving it.  I will play them if they are in my set of balls I take with me.  I usually play the white ones but when I get to the yellow balls, I play those too.  Doesn't bother me at all.

As a player could not care less. I play the ones I find.

As a caddie, I really like yellow and pink, especially when forecaddying. Easier to see, find, and differentiate between players. The exception is during the fall when leaves make them harder to find than white. 

13 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

I have a good amount of yellow balls and some orange and a few pink.  I even have one Green Nike Mojo ball.  Huh?  A green ball?  No wonder it got lost.

I play a green Volvik Vista iV quite a bit.  This is like glow in the dark green.  Played them off the tee in a scramble yesterday.  Got quite a few looks.  Ball is long and checks up well on full shots. Not so much an half shots.

I think guys who play yellow balls are studs.  I play yellow balls all the time.

Edited by vangator

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

7 minutes ago, vangator said:

I play a green Volvik Vista iV quite a bit.  This is like glow in the dark green.  Played them off the tee in a scramble yesterday.  Got quite a few looks.  Ball is long and checks up well on full shots. Not so much an half shots.

I think guys who play yellow balls are studs.  I play yellow balls all the time.

Thats different if they accept uv and glow.  I got some cool glow gear balls for dawn patrol and closing out twilight but that green mojo is a camo ball. 

Thats right!  Yellow ball players fear nothing. Haha

4 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Thats different if they accept uv and glow.  I got some cool glow gear balls for dawn patrol and closing out twilight but that green mojo is a camo ball. 

Thats right!  Yellow ball players fear nothing. Haha

41GeYtwTPuL.jpg

These are actually glow in the dark, but they do contrast well with the color of grass.  I also found a green Mojo.  They would be easy to lose.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

3 minutes ago, vangator said:

41GeYtwTPuL.jpg

These are actually glow in the dark, but they do contrast well with the color of grass.  I also found a green Mojo.  They would be easy to lose.

How are they in the fall when there are a lot of leaves on the ground?

Joe Paradiso

16 hours ago, newtogolf said:

How are they in the fall when there are a lot of leaves on the ground?

We don't have fall in Florida.  We go straight to winter from summer.  We mainly have Live Oak as our deciduous trees.  The leaves are small and don't accumulate on the fairways like the trees up north do.  I grew up in upstate New York, so I know what fall leaves are like.

I don't think any ball works well in the fall leaves.

BTW, I am the only one I've ever seen using these Volvik balls.  Actually any Volvik balls.  When most people think Volvik, they think of the Crystals, which are rocks.

I use a orange marker and put my initial on two sides to make it easy to identify. Sometimes it's embarrassing when guys ask "are you playing a TItleist 3? " And I have to say  I don't know, does it have a G on it?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!