IGNORED

The 2015 Newport Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 3052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats to all the winners. Will be fun to follow along. I'm rooting for all you engineers!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=181818]For the West Coast team, two spots remain. If you see your name and aren't able to play, please PM me. If your name does not appear below but you would like to be considered for one of the final two spots, please PM me. Erik and I be making the selections for the final two spots by Monday, July 20th.[/COLOR]

Mike, if you could find a way to make me a single-digit handicap, and thus eligible, in the next two weeks, I'd be really really happy! Best of luck to both teams, especially the west coast team. This has been awesome to follow so far. Do you allow spectators for the weekend rounds?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Great selections and still the anticipation of more to come.  A very deserving group is going to tee it up in the desert heat.

Now someone needs to come up with a "name" for this tussle, like "Rumble in the Jungle" or "War by the Shore."

Brian Kuehn

Mike, if you could find a way to make me a single-digit handicap, and thus eligible, in the next two weeks, I'd be really really happy!

Best of luck to both teams, especially the west coast team. This has been awesome to follow so far. Do you allow spectators for the weekend rounds?

Ha, my thoughts exactly, but for the Blue team.

I'll be working on my game to get ready for 2016...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

East Coast is so stacked. That poor, poor West Coast ;)

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I'm ready to book my tickets, and just wanted to confirm a few details.  We'll be playing from Wednesday, 9/9 to Saturday, 9/12 at Moon Valley in Phoenix.  I can't find where I read it, but I seem to remember that we'll be staying in rental houses, as opposed to a hotel.  You'll let us know about rental cars and/or vans at some later date.  If that's all correct, I'm good to go to buy some plane tickets.  At some point in time I guess it would be nice to get an idea of the total cost for golf and lodging.  I'm sure you'll let us all know if you need deposits.

Thanks again for including me on this adventure, I'm really looking forward to meeting some new friends, playing some golf, and of course, kicking some ass.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm ready to book my tickets, and just wanted to confirm a few details.  We'll be playing from Wednesday, 9/9 to Saturday, 9/12 at Moon Valley in Phoenix.

I agree. It would be a good idea to get some sort of general idea of when everyone is arriving, day and time.

I don't want to be the odd ball that ends up flying in at 11pm Tuesday forcing someone to drive out to pick me up. :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm ready to book my tickets, and just wanted to confirm a few details.  We'll be playing from Wednesday, 9/9 to Saturday, 9/12 at Moon Valley in Phoenix.  I can't find where I read it, but I seem to remember that we'll be staying in rental houses, as opposed to a hotel.  You'll let us know about rental cars and/or vans at some later date.  If that's all correct, I'm good to go to buy some plane tickets.  At some point in time I guess it would be nice to get an idea of the total cost for golf and lodging.  I'm sure you'll let us all know if you need deposits.

Thanks again for including me on this adventure, I'm really looking forward to meeting some new friends, playing some golf, and of course, kicking some ass.

I agree. It would be a good idea to get some sort of general idea of when everyone is arriving, day and time.

I don't want to be the odd ball that ends up flying in at 11pm Tuesday forcing someone to drive out to pick me up.

As I understand it, we're not playing Wednesday.  Wednesday afternoon is going to have some other fun activities, but golf is going to be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I think.

Ideally, I will make my way out there Wednesday morning and fly home Sunday morning, or Saturday evening.

My tentative plan, using the only non-stops from Dulles, is to arrive at about 8 PM on Tuesday, and leave around 7:30 AM on the Sunday.  I'm planning to be there all day Wednesday for whatever kind of fun is scheduled.  If the plan doesn't include golf on Wednesday, I bet at least a few of us would probably consider organizing some golf on our own prior to the organized festivities.  @ saevel25 , I'll be glad to come pick you up on Tuesday, if that's the way it works out best.  It looks to be around a half-hour drive from Sky Harbor to Moon Valley.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

If the plan doesn't include golf on Wednesday, I bet at least a few of us would probably consider organizing some golf on our own prior to the organized festivities.

This sounds really tempting.  I don't think I'll be able to swing an extra night myself, however, for those of you who do ...

TPC Scottsdale is only a 20 minute drive from Moon Valley and early morning tee times are available on that Wednesday on the Stadium Course for the very reasonable rate of $95.

This sounds really tempting.  I don't think I'll be able to swing an extra night myself, however, for those of you who do ...

TPC Scottsdale is only a 20 minute drive from Moon Valley and early morning tee times are available on that Wednesday on the Stadium Course for the very reasonable rate of $95.

I am going to try to fly in Tuesday night and leave sometime Sunday morning. I would for sure be in to play TPC Scottsdale...

Ill wait for Mike to respond on timing and what not before I purchase, so Ill just check out some flights until then.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Just checked and I can get in late Tuesday night, or by 8am Wed. Just need to see what time our afternoon activity starts before I book the flight so we can play TPC scottsdale.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Ooooooh.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Ooooooh.

Double oooooh.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Go west!!!  This looks awesome  Put those east coast boys to shame.  Make sure you take plenty of warm clothes.  The other day when I flew in to phoenix it was a cool 114 degrees at 1230.  Perfect golfing weather in my eyes!

Go west!!!  This looks awesome  Put those east coast boys to shame.  Make sure you take plenty of warm clothes.  The other day when I flew in to phoenix it was a cool 114 degrees at 1230.  Perfect golfing weather in my eyes!

Ooh, thanks for the tip! I will bring all of my sweaters. :)

Ooh, thanks for the tip! I will bring all of my sweaters. :)

Might want to pack some wool socks too just in case! Cotton is illegal in Arizona.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Players will need to arrive Tuesday night. All of Wednesday is booked with activities. We cannot share what they are - and probably won't until Wednesday morning - but Wednesday is booked solid.

Saturday night for anyone who is staying is going to just be chilling at the house.

The cost for golf + lodging will be under $500. We'll request payment (to @mvmac ) on around July 20th when we name the last two members of the team(s). We already have the house reserved.

Ideally, I will make my way out there Wednesday morning and fly home Sunday morning, or Saturday evening.

No, ideally you'll get out there Tuesday evening. :-)

@mvmac and I are staying an extra two or three days to play some golf ourselves (since we have to just WATCH y'all play golf for three days straight… :D).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!