IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think "he's back" - there were some atrocious shots out there (although that shot on 4th hole what nostaligic TW). As for his short game, the yips seem to creep up when they're least expected and can disappear for a short period of time before it shows its ugly face......

Yeah, that drive and then second shot on number 9 from the first fairway was atrocious.  I thought I was the only one who could hit a shot off the heel with a wood or hybrid.

But it looked like, at least for yesterday, the short game was as good as any of the other players.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Should be a tougher course today, although any rain may negate the sub-air work from last night. 2nd round lead guesses? I'll say Jordan shoots 70 and no one catches him today so -10 leads at the end of the day.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

that tidbit about first round leaders not holding on for the win on Sunday (only three in the last 30-something years-Immelman, Ballesteros, Floyd? ) doesn't bode well for Spieth......how often have you seen someone in tour events shoot lights out then throw up the next round? not sure if that's a wire-to-wire stat ---but maybe the kid has got what it takes between the ears to handle the overnight pressure for the next couple of nights.....good luck to him - hope he does it.

If that is actually true, that really devastates my hopes of Anirban Lahiri winning.

Was nicklaus not more than 4 strokes behind on the first day of the 86 masters? Edit: I see its proven wrong already sorry.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Not sure if this photo was taken this week at the club, but it's too funny not to share....

Club Rat

It's from last year's Ryder Cup, but good shot. ;-)

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger tales:

-Grind mode is intact. So he is fully committed again.

-The violent 166 yard 9 iron over the trees on the green was hit with the ENTIRE body and showed no signs of hurt.

-Short game - what Phoenix open? I am still the stud.

- Seemed like a was a little too eager to show off some club head speed off the tee. Not sure that is entirely bad, but I am sure rhythm is not just for musicians and dancers.

Jordan S.: The simplicity and understatedness of his game is amazing. All he did was hit mostly straight with little curve on the ball all day. More proof that painting the course with curves is not necessary.

Jason Day: ...is a stud. There is a marked thoroughbred quality in his swing. Love watching him. He obviously loves this course.

Vishal S.

Jason Day: ...is a stud. There is a marked thoroughbred quality in his swing. Love watching him. He obviously loves this course.

Tournament 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014
Masters

DNP

T2 WD 3 T20
U.S. Open DNP 2 T59 T2 T4
The Open T60 T30 DNP T32 T58
PGA T10 CUT CUT T8 T15

I really want to see Jason win a major one of these days.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger tales:

Needs consistency.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Tournament

Masters

DNP

T2

WD

T20

U.S. Open

DNP

T59

T2

T4

The Open

T60

T30

DNP

T32

T58

PGA

T10

CUT

CUT

T8

T15

I really want to see Jason win a major one of these days.

Yeah, if anybody ever was due, he is.

Needs consistency.

It's a process, just need more reps. :-D

Vishal S.

Just noticed superJoost shot so poorly yesterday. Bummer

Bummer indeed. His putting is letting him down for already a couple of tournaments in a row now.

Still confident he can turn it around though: last year he also openend bad at Augustus with a 75, but managed to reach the cut and had the best score on the final day of the entire field.

Els still going strong, already below par again in round 2 now.

~Jorrit

Scoring is definitely out there this morning. No sun and very little wind, which means you should be able to stick your shots. Wind is supposed to pick up for the afternoon boys. Wouldn't surprise me to see some 66s or 67s from these morning guys.

Ian Woosnam transformed into a troll so gradually, I didn't even notice.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Spieth looks like he's started out well with the big stick from the tracking app. Really impressed given that was where it fell apart last year (along with Bubba hitting the accelerator)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!