IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Worked on not dropping my head in the follow through against a doorframe for 5 minutes this afternoon

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same old routine for me, slow backswing up to the top aiming for a flatter left wrist. Another couple more days of the same before hitting some balls.......then the fun and games will start!

Matt

Played 9 this morning at a... well, it was par-33, but no par-5s. Is that an executive course? No par-4s over 400 yards, but a few over 300. So it wasn't quite executive. Focused on taking ONE (I didn't want to hold up play either) practice swing with the feels I'm working on and then hitting it with as much that feel as I could. Only truly bad shot was the one where I didn't focus on that. I didn't swing at full speed on any full shot (although, unlike the range time, I did care where it went, and it wasn't piecemeal). Just the same, I'm going to take some more slow practice swings later today to work on that feel. I know that I don't have it down yet. By the way, when I'm taking these slow swings and do make contact, and the ball flies in a flight that I should be okay with (as happened yesterday at the range and today on the course), does that mean I might not be doing the drills correctly?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

@Shindig , now that's my kind of course.  What course was it?

Roosevelt, up near Griffith Park. Played with a friend, didn't keep score, was just hanging out and having targets to his golf balls at. Fun morning.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Morning routine.  20 pitch shots, followed by 10 full shots into net, followed by 10 full practice swings with a driver.  Add in 10 slow motion swings at lunch (just now).  Done.

I was able to hit the range early this morning with enough time to hit a small bucket. Again, I worked on a centered hip turn and improving my position at the top of my backswing. My left arm has a tendency to "smother" the bottom of my face on the backswing, so I've been working on getting my left arm positioned more horizontally across my body.

Did about 5 minutes of getting into good posture and grip and then centered pivot with the arms working in sync. Then letting my wrists and forearms manipulate the club into a really shallow position and then finally getting to A6 taking a mini pimp and then swinging through at About 30% speed I would say.. Playing 18 on Friday as of now, but get to be on the range for an hour before hand at 5:20 am.. Will video my drill then to share!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Spent 30 minutes in the yard. Still mapping the backswing and downswing, working on a flatter left wrist at the top and less forearm rotation through impact. Hit the ball into a net on occasion.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hit a bucket at the range really just working on my backswing and driver. Also putted for a few minutes but high chance of rain the rest of the day so decided not to play.

I continued working on my mapping for about 15 mins. I hit a few chips in the living room and then hit 6 full swing shots in the back yard. I'm definitely doing better when I maintain my lag and keep my head from falling forward after impact.

Played 36 holes today and tried to have the swing thought of weight forward. It was hard when I came to a place on the course where I knew I had a lot of success with my "old swing" and had to force myself to use my "new swing anyway". Not gonna lie, I went with the old one a couple times.

Afterwards I worked on my swing in the mirror again in slow motion. I'm going to learn to get my weight forward or die trying I swear.

May 6, (6 in a row)

5 minutes simply swinging the club (with driver)-

-I was messing with my grip some today, making sure that I kept the handle in my fingers with the lead hand heel pad on top of the grip.  Also, I was fooling around with going with a long thumb instead of a short thumb like I currently use.

-I also played with a couple tees, being mindful of my AoA.

No ball, outside.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Well, couldn't stay away from the range. Took a little over an hour to go through 30 balls, several slow swings for practice before each one. Hit a few solid, a few terrible, a bunch in between. Feels nice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!