IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Went to the range today.

Focused on teaching myself how not to overswing. Guess what, you can hit the ball much better when you don't overswing. :doh:

Found that the shorter swing facilitatesΒ my downswing piece. I was also looking to be able to produce solid contact in general. I wanted to find something playable. I feel good if I go to the course with the shorter swing thought I can play some really good golf.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On topic, did another 5 minute slow swing session in my practice area. Balance is key for me. Starting to be able to "go slow" more easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Sand save.

Only if you actually make the save. 8 greenside bunkers this weekend, zero saves.

Ouch!

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Practiced knockdown shots for 5+ minutes to use on downhill par 3 holes on windy day.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Played 18 today. Had a good warmup session.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Practiced short putts indoors for 10 minutes. Getting better sense of hand position on the new, thicker Winn XPro 1.8" grip.

I putt cross-handed (lead hand low), and

the grip fits nicely into the carpal tunnel arc

on both hands. Thicker grip takes up palm

area slack that was problem with old

grip.

Carpal tunnel arc is the dark

green arc just above the wrist.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

Got to the range. Β Worked on 3 wood and driver. Β Had a short "tune up" lesson with the "pro" there. Β Gave me some good things to work on to eliminate my slice.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, β€œexcept golfers."Β 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Played another 18 early this morning. Working on my hip turn as my primary swing thought is continuing to work well. Although if I don't come aggressively enough back through, I'm leaving myself open for some big fades and slices. Despite a few wayward right drives, I shot an 80.

Played a "practice" 18. Worked on different facets of my game. Tee shots were ok but my short game was shocking!

Matt

Played 9 holes today before the rain came in.

Played some really good golf for 7 out of the 9 holes. Going to build on this progress and shoot better the next time. Starting to figure things out with the swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Worked on my priorities for a couple hours while the kids played outside, then hit the range for about 30 minutes.

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

• Administrator

Ten minutes or so with the Torc again, accentuating the hands to start the downswing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

10 Mins today. Still in the nets. Added a flat left wrist at A4 into the mix of the current hip turn/ left shoulder priority piece.

Chris.:roll:

Putting. (3) 5 minute sessions with my son. Determined that the line used to line up the putts is off by 1/4 on the Adams A7 Series 60 putter. Once I added a pencil line used for aiming, I was putting much straighter. . .

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Five minutes today doing practice swings without a club at my mom's before heading home. On golf course at the moment and it's readily apparent my putting is terrible and costing me my best round ever.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

Played 18 today ... worked on aimpoint putting since the practice green had a 3 slope ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Hit some balls on the range before going out to play. Got into a pretty good groove with the lag drill, led to a pretty solid round. Just need to work on accuracy with the driver a bit more.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD Β :bridgestone: TD-03 PutterΒ  Β 
:tmade: 300 Tour 3WΒ Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H HybridΒ  Β  Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:tmade: TP MC irons Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:ping: Glide 54 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note:Β This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!