IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How far was the bucket?

Only 5' or so. I have a canvas tarp behind that as a backstop.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Todays work was steady head ... just keep my head steady ... how freaking hard can it be??? Apparently pretty hard ... Of course worked in my aim point ... that "1" slope is killing me ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Only 5' or so. I have a canvas tarp behind that as a backstop.

Nice. A while ago I got a chipping net which I used once. Maybe I'll try it again one of these days.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I did 10-15 minutes of mirror work before my weight workout today.  Same focus, flatter shaft at A5, right elbow in front at A6, pivot to A8. I am going to keep going with this drill as a normal routine this year.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/5/15 Did some work on alignment with the railroad drill... Still feels like I'm coming over the top... I may have to lower my hands and address it like Fuzzy Zoeller used to and see if that helps... I'll probably work on that tomorrow before work... I'll give details then...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Played a bit. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hit some putts in den.  Then 20 pitches into net, followed by 10 full shot, then 10 driver swings.  Hope to go to golf course after work to work on lag putting.

Practiced incredibly slow swings in the mirror to work on my weight transfer. What I've been doing hasn't been giving me the results I want so I decided it's time to slow it down as far as possible. Once I can consistently repeat the motion with essentially no speed, I will slowly ramp it up. This is not coming as easily to me as I first expected so I am scrapping what I have been doing and starting as simple as humanly possible.

I know there shouldn't be replies on this thread but maybe someone can pm me or something. I don't want to stop playing rounds and going to the range but I also can't hit the ball (at least not more than like 10 feet) at the speed I am working on my swing right now. Is it better to just not do anything but practice with no ball right now or is it possible to work on a "new swing" while using your "old swing" on the course? Seems like if I am trying to change my muscle memory, then swinging incorrectly on the course is going to hurt me. At the same time I still want golf to be fun, and I'm not sure how fun it is going to be if my only participation in it is slow swings (not even really swings but like slow motion movements) in front of a mirror.

Hit the range before work today. Full SLOW swings -- 2-3 practice swings, then a real ball, also hit slowly. Focus on hips at A4 and also not pausing at A2 and A4. Had good contact and some even went well. More fun than doing so in my living room last night without a ball.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just worked on my flat left wrist at the top of the backswing for 5 mins.  I have posted a video on if you have nothing better to do with your time and are really bored!

Matt

I hit some balls at the driving range during lunch for about 40 minutes. I worked primarily on my driver - half swings, with the objective of getting into a good position and the top of my backswing, and a good position right before impact. My driver start lines have been pretty erratic of late, so I am trying to correct that particular flaw.

Lunchtime visit to driving range for me as well.  Still doing steep to shallow, tried out different right elbow feels.  Not great, but getting incrementally better, I believe.

May 5, (5 in a row)

5 minutes this morning putting (messing with grip, didn't consider it practice really):

15 minutes this afternoon, outside:

swing and stop - backswing to top, no ball....

some full swings as well - worked on not sliding back as I start my swing.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Was super windy today and decided not to play but headed out to the range after school and hit 1 bucket in about an hour. Really took my time and worked on my driver and overall iron swing. Then went and chipped for about 20 ish minutes from all around the practice green and finished with 10 minutes of the gate drill for putting. Hoping to be consistently in the 80's by the end of this month just need to get more consistent with driver!

Did some mirror work at gym to make sure my club head is square at the top, back of my left hand is facing target at impact.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

It rained all day here so I am stuck inside putting. My wife is not a fan of anything more than a putting stroke in the house after leaving a scuff or two on the ceiling doing mirror work with my irons.

Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!