IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 mins full swing practice in the nets before playing 18 holes. Worked on getting the left shoulder down and back during the back swing.

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Apparently I forgot to post here yesterday, even though I posted videos of me hitting into my net. Oh well. Didn't have much time to do anything since we went to visit some relatives, so I did some mirror work. Long chipping feel on my downswing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hit the range for a small bucket today, trying to do my slow practice swing from several of the past days indoor and hitting an actual ball every 3-4 swings. Hit a few that just flew off the face -- I couldn't believe a slow swing could produce such a nice shot! And I also hit a number of weak slices, even with a 7-iron. Sigh. Well, more time for the range this week before two rounds this weekend.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

May 17, (17 in a row)

Putting this afternoon inside... more focused on my setup and having my eyes over the ball.  I have a tendency to let my eyes drift over or past the ball.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

More pitching - 40 - 70 yards with SW to GW.  More grass range ball striking practice.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Half swings, proper position on backswing and follow through.  Good grip pressure and soft arms.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Friday - hour at range trying to hit balls with proper setup position.

Saturday - 30 minutes mirror work; 90 minutes at range with 5 iron and 3 wood

Sunday - 30-60 min mirror work watching Rory McIlroy thinking I should just quit now...

May 17

Warm-up with Gold Flex swing trainer. Feet together for 5 minutes, then normal driver stance for 5 minutes. Getting more consistent shoulder rotation , much less shoulder slide .

Then, into back yard. Put flagstick into practice green area (mowed at level-3 setting), and practiced quarter and half swing shots with 50º and 58º wedges. Emphasized pitch and lob motions, rotating back and finishing high with left-hand lead through. (If I don't watch it, my close-in shots end up halfway between a chip-and-run and a pitch-lob motion, resulting in shots that are neither.)

Starting to get better distance control with 58*. (Over the winter, I swapped a 56º for the 54 and 58.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

10 minutes short game swing

10 minutes elliptical

10 minutes long game swing

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

So, after playing 36 holes this weekend, I felt that I had somewhat lost my way as far as how I performed my full swing by the end of yesterday's round so this morning my 5 minutes consisted of some slow, concentrated swings on laying the shaft down and getting myself in the correct positions at A4 and A6.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Similar to @RFKFREAK , I played 36 frustrating holes this weekend and am in need of a reset. I spent 5 minutes this morning on my takeaway in the mirror. Again the focal point was to rotate the hips properly, moving the left knee inward while keeping my head steady and not leaning towards my target.

More mirror work at 5:30am today before playing 18 holes on the longer course and shot pretty decently, but I started falling back on my old ways and could see it in the ball flight. I had to do some of the drills in between holes to kind of get my swing back in gear.

Played an extra 4 practice holes on the shorter course where I did a slow swing drill for about 2 minutes before every single shot. This was a really good, all my shots were straight draws***. I doubt if I can get away with doing a 2 minute pre-shot routine with playing partners around, but it is really great for practice rounds where I am by myself. The only thing missing is a mirror.

***Still working on making them slight push draws.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Worked on bringing the club back and through while hips are against a chair.
  • Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Rehearsed 5 minutes of DS shallowing, keeping L arm to body, long R arm feel L hand pointing to sky on follow through this morning.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Used my new IPhone 6 to video my backswing, still working on the same......flatter left wrist at the top and shallower shaft on the way down. The slo mo camera on the phone is awesome!

Matt

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!