IGNORED

Yellow or White Ball ?

todgot
Note: This thread is 3258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish they'd make different colored Pro V1x's. Until then it's white all the way.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I prefer the bright orange that Srixon and Nike do for the AD333 and PD range. I find white hard to see against the usually cloudy UK skies and the yellow ones blend in with the dandilions.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

My only problem with yellow balls is that my course uses yellow balls for the range and there is a hole parallel to the range where inevitably there are misdirected balls in the rough and fairway on one side of that hole.  So spotting MY yellow ball among all the others (despite my best intentions to keep it left, on the non-ball side of the hole)  can be a challenge.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

My only problem with yellow balls is that my course uses yellow balls for the range and there is a hole parallel to the range where inevitably there are misdirected balls in the rough and fairway on one side of that hole.  So spotting MY yellow ball among all the others (despite my best intentions to keep it left, on the non-ball side of the hole)  can be a challenge.

LOL.  There are courses I used to play before with exact problem.   The first time it happened, in retrospect, it was hilarious although wasn't funny at the time.   I must have stooped down a dozen times to check for my ball and eventually gave up.    I now make sure I play a different color ball than what the range uses in situations like this.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Been playing yellow for a couple of years. As the other poster mentioned, its one less hassle when the other players white balls are bunched together.

Started using srixon z star a couple weeks back. They seem to work for my swing. First time breaking 95, then broke 90.

A guy found a titleist yellow and I tried it yesterday-not sure of the model-kinda mushy

That Titleist (looks like a ProV from the lettering) is dingy looking. Looks old.

It is brand new, never hit. Maybe next to the colored balls make it look that way ? Or bad photography ?

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I prefer a softer ball ... softer golf balls tend to come in more color options .... so I choose yellow for the selfish reason as I like to see where my golf ball is from afar or approaching an area where 2-4 golf balls may be relatively close together ... like a green. (most everyone else I golf with uses white ... so this works well for me)

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I recently switched to the "optic yellow" Bridgestone e6.  Since most of the friends I normally golf with hit white balls, it makes it easier to ID my ball at a quick glance.  It's also easier to find when I'm off the fairway and in the junk.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Been playing yellow for a couple of years. As the other poster mentioned, its one less hassle when the other players white balls are bunched together.

Started using srixon z star a couple weeks back. They seem to work for my swing. First time breaking 95, then broke 90.

A guy found a titleist yellow and I tried it yesterday-not sure of the model-kinda mushy

It may be NXT Tour S.   I love it.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I wish they'd make different colored Pro V1x's.

Until then it's white all the way.

Totally agree.  I know Titleist makes the NXT tour in yellow but never the Pro V1.   I would buy a different colored ProV in a heartbeat... are they just not interested in that market or just feel, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

I'm not an expert on ball technology but it seems the balls like the Srixon and Volvik have a different cover type to make them that fluorescent glow.  Other balls like the Calloway Hex Chrome and Titleist NXT don't have the same type appearance.  Anyone aware of differences in the technology of the covers or is it all cosmetic?

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

I don't like trying to hit a colored ball, it's like there's some weird distortion around it and the edges of it aren't clear.  It's strange.  White all the way.

I don't like trying to hit a colored ball, it's like there's some weird distortion around it and the edges of it aren't clear.  It's strange.  White all the way.

You might want to get your eyes checked because I don't see any distortion around the edges.

Joe Paradiso

Here in Michigan where it's almost always overcast and cloudy, the white balls disappear in the clouds.   Using the Srixon yellow balls, they tend to get lost in the fairway among the dandelions.    If we have a partial sunny day (heaven forbid) the white shows up nice and is easier to see in the grass than my Srixon yellow balls.   I'm looking for a fluorescent ball that plays like the Q-Star.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I catch jokes all the time...  I accidentally bought 2 dozen Srixon Z Star XV's bright yellow....   and well I'm hooked on them things now!!!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I play the Yellow Titleist DT Solo. I can see them better and like some have said my friends all play white. I bought this batch on ebay

AAAAA used. They are all in good shape some have Sharpie marks on them.

Doug

Depends on whether I'm plying golf, or tennis.
  • Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!