IGNORED

2015 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would. His "spurts" last for a couple of holes, maybe 9 at most, at a time. Has he even broken 70 this season? Like a single time? My eggs are in the spieth and fowler baskets right now for the open - maybe DJ as well. :)

Not true, he was -3 thru 15 yesterday. And he had decent spurts at the Masters for more then 9 holes. My point was it's not like he forgot how to play golf. Something just isn't clicking for more them 15-18 holes at a time .

5' 7" it says, although he looks more like 5' 6" to me.

Maybe ... Honestly though, to me he doesn't look more than about 5'-5 5/8". 5-6 is being generous.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rosey looking nice heading towards Chambers Bay.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Was part of Tiger's high round course conditions in the morning wave? Seems like there were lots of high scores such that he maybe shot 'only' 5-6 over the field average for those conditions.

Obviously something is not quite right in his game still (I expect anxious or 'control' tension), just saying it might be worth some perspective.

Kevin

Was part of Tiger's high round course conditions in the morning wave? Seems like there were lots of high scores such that he maybe shot 'only' 5-6 over the field average for those conditions. Obviously something is not quite right in his game still (I expect anxious or 'control' tension), just saying it might be worth some perspective.

So you're saying that the morning tee times on Saturday of an exclusive field PGA tour event averaged a score of 79.5? Not likely.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Hoping Rose can hold everyone off and get the win this week. Over the last few weeks he has grown on me and is becoming one of my favorite players. He plays with a ton of confidence and has that swagger about himself. If he keeps playing like he has, he might be one of the favorites heading into Chambers Bay.

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Today was a rough day for me... He's out first tomorrow, playing alone. I wonder how long he'll take to play his round.

Colin P.

I never understood how someone can get so bent out of shape over a player's fans. Its such an easily ignorable thing, especially when theres a boat load of haters to even it out on social media.

I do slightly understand the media displeasure, I too would love to see more highlights of a low round rather than an 85. But come on, thisis quite possibly the greatest or 2nd greatest player of all time. You'd be absolutey insane or just a really bad salesman if you didnt understand that Tiger = viewers. Haters, lovers, likers, and dislikers. Everyone wants to talk about him.

I find it interesting that so many people are sick of Tiger coverage, yet they barely comment about any other golfers. Its like they're just looking for reasons to complain.

Lastly, I dont know if your last comment was meant for me but if so, way to be a hypocrite. I have plenty of man crushes on the PGA Tour, Tiger is not one of them. I like Tiger and have ggenuine respect for him. But I hope Rory destroys his major number :)

Ah yes, the easy label. Haters/racists = somebody not firmly attached to Tiger's gonads. Yes, that's very easy.

And gosh yes! I never understand people getting 'bent out of shape' about fans either. We found common ground! The fanboys in here are the ones that are gripping right about now....that is who is getting bent out of shape in here. Patrick and Abu are having a great time. Me too!

I usually only comment because of the type of traffic TW draws, and the newness of this internet thingy has worn out so I don't post too much about anything anymore, anywhere. Tiger's fans draw me out of hibernation, so be thankful! If some other golfer did a bunch of stupid shit and had a bunch of BS excuses defended all along the way by a bunch of blind fanboys, and the media jammed it down our throat 24/7, then there would be alot of threads about them as well. Even if they were white!

• Upvote 1

Don't be shocked if Tiggs comes down with an unknown injury tomorrow. Telling the media that he hopes it heels in time for Chambers Bay.

And here is the perfect excample of how clueless, mean-spirited and negative you are.

Do you seriously think that he would encourage more criticism by pretending to be injured when he clearly isn't?

The fact that you find such joy in another person's embarrassment or failure is appalling.

I dislike Tiger Woods, but you seem to think that anyone who isn't gloating and laughing over his 85 has a "man crush".

It's not even about empathy or money or past success or chickens coming home to roost or golfing gods or whatever.

It's basic humanity. You seem to be completely lacking in and semblance of it.  Your failure to exhibit any sense of decency does not make others Tiger lovers.

I think the misspelling of "heel" may apply to you rather more than Tiger's condition.

• Upvote 3

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

And here is the perfect excample of how clueless, mean-spirited and negative you are.

Do you seriously think that he would encourage more criticism by pretending to be injured when he clearly isn't?

The fact that you find such joy in another person's embarrassment or failure is appalling.

I dislike Tiger Woods, but you seem to think that anyone who isn't gloating and laughing over his 85 has a "man crush".

It's not even about empathy or money or past success or chickens coming home to roost or golfing gods or whatever.

It's basic humanity. You seem to be completely lacking in and semblance of it.  Your failure to exhibit any sense of decency does not make others Tiger lovers.

I think the misspelling of "heel" may apply to you rather more than Tiger's condition.

So, when he starts spraying it tomorrow and all of a sudden gets 'hurt', you will be the first to come on here and call BS?

Yeah I don't get that either. Kinda odd to care enough about a player to "have a great time" when they have a shitty round.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yes, Tiger is off Sunday morn at 8.10, alone.  Frankly, i hope masses of fans turn out and wish him well on every shot.  Whatever his golf future, he has done us all a mountain of good.

Geez, who are some of these guys at the top? I can see Andy Sullivan sinking the winning putt tomorrow and going up to shake Jack Nicklaus' hand tomorrow and Nicklaus will look him in the eye and ask, "Who are you?" We could be seeing the end of a streak at majors. We've had fascinating and star-studded leaderboards in many of the majors the last couple years, including the Masters where all the big names were going in playing well. I think the US Open has the chance of looking more like the Players Championship where there's going to be a lot of "Who Are They's" at the top.

why would'nt Jack know who sullivan is? Ok he is no Rory but he has won a couple of euro tour events. I believe he beat stenson in a play off for one?

Well after that performance, my hopes of seeing Tiger come back had gone out the window. I still think he needs to play more tournaments to get his game back. Range time isn't cutting it.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Fun stat: Jack has shot in the 80s sixteen times as a pro, six of which came before the age of 40. His highest rounds were a pair of 82s.

Golf is hard, and the golfing gods are reminding us of that in a very obvious way right now. No one is safe from their wrath. Have fun, relax, and pump the breaks a little on the schadenfreude. It's unbecoming. :beer:

• Upvote 5

Constantine

Fun stat: Jack has shot in the 80s sixteen times as a pro, six of which came before the age of 40. His highest rounds were a pair of 82s.

Golf is hard, and the golfing gods are reminding us of that in a very obvious way right now. No one is safe from their wrath. Have fun, relax, and pump the breaks a little on the schadenfreude. It's unbecoming.

This deserved a thumbs up.

Golf is hard.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• Administrator
So, when he starts spraying it tomorrow and all of a sudden gets 'hurt', you will be the first to come on here and call BS?

If that's the standard you have to post after the round and admit your folly, too, if he finishes it properly. And @David in FL and others.

Also, @Chris E , there's a lot more to talk about here than TW. Lots of golf topics.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!