IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

34 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

As of right now Trump has a has a 4.7 lead over Cruz. Rubio has made up 6.1%. As it gets closer to the Primary vote the only upward trend now is Rubio. 

Another issue is, how many people who support Trump will actually vote? We've had angry demographics before and they just sit on their thumbs. 

Should be interesting to watch, which I will not be doing :) 

Caucuses, more so than primaries, are difficult to predict based on polling. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/13/2016 at 2:53 PM, Phil McGleno said:

I am gonna laugh my ass off when he is elected and everyone here shits bricks

Actually, his chances of winning are pretty good at this point. . .

Any crap about him has already been dug up. His life's an open book, he's all tack and no tact. Those who like him will continue to do so and those that don't? Who knows?

It'll take getting used to the gold plated "White House". :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

15 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Nah, not really.

Mitt Romney won 59% of the white vote in the 2012 election, and only 17% of the minority vote. Trump would have to win close to 70% of the white vote to win the election, if Clinton or Sanders pulls the same numbers as Obama did, and that is never going to happen. That means he'll have to pull more than 17% of the minority vote, which will DEFINITELY not happen. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

38 minutes ago, jamo said:

Caucuses, more so than primaries, are difficult to predict based on polling. 

Makes sense ...  it's why I mentioned Henry Fonda (12 Angry Men for those youngins who may not have got the reference).  When the vote is open I can easily see that there is a lot more peer pressure going on.  Hell, in the right circumstances, I could see myself caucusing for Trump.

"Hey honey, did you know that Mr. Simpson from the HOA board still hasn't signed off on our proposal to remodel and add that extra bedroom?"

"Oh really?  Isn't today the deadline to get our permit?  Let's ask him now ... where is he?"

"He's over there, on the line between the Trump and Cruz sections, screaming at Mrs. Johnson because she won't budge from the Cruz corner and also because her dog keeps pooping on his lawn."

15 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Any crap about him has already been dug up. His life's an open book, he's all tack and no tact. Those who like him will continue to do so and those that don't? Who knows?

It'll take getting used to the gold plated "White House". :-D

Couldn't you also see him figuring out a way to attach his name up there too? :-P

1 hour ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I think Iowa is a weird state in which to start the primary season. We ought to have a Super Tuesday with Iowa being one of several states. They do not reflect the nation ... at all, other than a minority. Just like Texas does not reflect the nation by itself. But put some states together, get it going another month down the road and you might have something.

I don't know what to expect tonight ... from what I understand, people are changing their minds like the weather in Texas... Do polls matter? Tonight, we'll know if they do for Trump.

Very interesting poll here. I don't know much about Emerson College Polling Society, but a poll from them showing a tight race: http://media.wix.com/ugd/3bebb2_0f8be4ffea6949a298ba44d6eba0a6da.pdf

56afd38e61083_ScreenShot2016-02-01at4.50

27-26-22 (Trump-Cruz-Rubio).  All others <5%. This might be interesting. For whatever else there is to say about this election cycle, it has been unconventional.

24 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Couldn't you also see him figuring out a way to attach his name up there too? :-P

Hey- don't laugh. I was downtown with family the other day, not far from the White House. A new Trump hotel is due to open up a couple blocks from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, at the old Post Office building, which had a pretty grand lobby (that was actually a crappy food court), and a rickety elevator ride up to get a good view of the city. It's premium real estate definitely- kinda overlooks the White House. Here's a view of the White House from there (just beyond the Treasury Building, a bit hidden past those trees, but in front of the ugly Old Executive Office Building):

washington_170.jpg

So the next president will feel a Trump presence nearby regardless.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, "Trump National White*** House"? :-D

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

Hey- don't laugh. I was downtown with family the other day, not far from the White House. A new Trump hotel is due to open up a couple blocks from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, at the old Post Office building, which had a pretty grand lobby (that was actually a crappy food court), and a rickety elevator ride up to get a good view of the city. It's premium real estate definitely- kinda overlooks the White House. Here's a view of the White House from there (just beyond the Treasury Building, a bit hidden past those trees, but in front of the ugly Old Executive Office Building):

So the next president will feel a Trump presence nearby regardless.

So, you're saying that if Trump doesn't win the country's vote he'll just outright purchase our country? :-P

***Gold plated of course! :yucky:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

How much gold would he put on the outside of the White House. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

53 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

How much gold would he put on the outside of the White House. 

I think white house is roughly*** 168'x85'x65' (51m x 26m x 20m), and that you need at least a 0.05um thick layer to give it that "golden look" with 1um nickel plating backing like in HP-ENIG immersion gold PCB process?

That's roughly a volume of (2653+1040)*0.05um= 0.00018465 m^3. There's about 19,282,000 gm/m^3 which translates to about 3560gm of gold. Gold is about 36.12/gm so it would cost about $128,602 in raw gold cost. Plating (which includes the nickel and the rest of the process) is roughly triple that. So, a bit more than half a million. Trump would probably personally foot the bill, and the next president is going to have to strip the paint off and repaint it white. I don't know if there is any historical significance for the existing paint. :-D

***http://www.whitehousehistory.org/questions/how-big-is-the-white-house. Very rough estimate based upon the fact that you don't plate the windows and roof top but you do need to plate things like the columns and such. . .

In retrospect, perhaps gold highlights could look pretty nice?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

This whole Election cycle is a joke. One front runner is a criminal who can't keep track of her own e-mail server, and the other is an offensive big mouth with no real ideas and the intelligence of an 8th grader.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

1 minute ago, Slice of Life said:

This whole Election cycle is a joke. One front runner is a criminal who can't keep track of her own e-mail server, and the other is an offensive big mouth with no real ideas and the intelligence of an 8th grader.

I only disagree with this part, he's a smart ass and not dumb. . . :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Trump lost Iowa but the big news is that he almost came in third. Rubio almost  beat him. This may be the beginning of the end for Trump.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

1 minute ago, rkim291968 said:

Trump lost Iowa but the big news is that he almost came in third. Rubio almost  beat him. This may be the beginning of the end for Trump.

John King just said that when they say 99% of vote counted they mean of the "expected" vote, based on previous election.  They might have many many more votes to count. Trump might drop to #3.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Just now, RandallT said:

John King just said that when they say 99% of vote counted they mean of the "expected" vote, based on previous election.  They might have many many more votes to count. Trump might drop to #3.

You are correct.  It is not over yet.  But Trump's camp must not be happy with how this is going on.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

7 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

He lost the message? Really? You don't think that the Republican-controlled Congress pushed back against everything that he's tried to do? 

Blaming the President for the woes of Congress is just simply not fair. 

In fairness I would say that depends on the point of view of who is in Oval Office and who controls congress. The party not in White House but in control of congress always blames the president. And usually their loyal constituents eat it up. It's politics

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Yep. When he continually went up infront of the press and would bash the Republicans for not bowing down to his greatness and wisdom. I knew he had ZERO leaderships skills to do what he said, unify the divided congress. If I was thrown under the bus like that I would have flipped Obama the bird and voted No on everything. 

He also rubbed it in the republicans faces behind closed doors. He gloated and boasted that they controlled the government and basically (although he did not use the exact term) said we won you lost you have to ride in the back of the bus. He's been horrible at unifying and in my opinion has done more to harm race relations even if not by design.   His arrogance has been a large reason why opposition has had a hard time compromising.

All that being said he is just another average president. I don't think he was either good or bad. He could have been better for sure. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

11 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Look at her husband -- a conservative Dem who made deals with the GOP but lacked trust in the military. And only got serious with the military in the last couple of years when he started taking AQ seriously.

Like I said, I've followed politics since '68, and was a GOP diehard until 2000. I consider this last 20 years of the GOP as an anomaly. It's not the GOP. It is a winner take all party that is only interested in power. Being a realist, I know politics is about power, but politicians also have an ancillary duty, and that is to serve the interests of the people. This iteration of the GOP exists to serve evangelicals and the 1% - a minority of the people. Why? Fear of a few zealots with money.

Now this anomaly may be permanent, and if so, I predict a breakup of the party. The GOP is already 2 parties vying for power. You have the evangelical tea party-my-way-or-no-way types that have dominated since 2010, and then you have the slightly more moderate types that, to get along, have abandoned their principles to remain in office.

The GOP right wing is a party of intimidation and I do not think it serves the people of this country - it serves a small 1% and consists primarily of those who hold to conservative value but vote against their own interests.

And just because one is left on social issues does not mean one is not conservative on economic issues and common sense issues. I guess those are labeled as independents.

Trump has arrived because of the people frustration with the inability of their party to make deals. Trump sells himself as a dealmaker.

Clinton was not a moderate democrat until the democrats got their asses handed to them in the 94 midterm elections and the public was crying for change and to be heard. To his credit, after that he did come to the center and made deals to pass legislation. But that's because he wanted to be reelected. . 

Edited by Gator Hazard

Just watched Rubio's speech. It's so funny how they think we can't detect how much they are really just actors. I love the way his speech writers sprinkle in phrases and words that will bring in all of the various demographics into their speech. He was cruising along talking about opportunity, then defense, then Hillary, then out of the blue, "And I want to thank our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for making this possible.....". I was like, where did that come from? That's a pretty blatant and shallow effort to pander to the evangelical right...

Question: Do any politicians actually and truly believe in Jesus Christ?

dak4n6

36 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

God I hope so. He's done everything possible to prove he is not fit for the presidency of a lemonade stand on the border. 

Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!