IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Mr. Desmond said:

It's "carpet bomb, kill, block, put boots on ground, build wall" with no thought behind the words or their effect ... the only effect they want is more votes. So the discussion is discouraging.

Yah, I think Trump had no idea what was meant by "triad." Rubio politely schooled him in the debate. And the questioner, Hugh Hewitt, says he has previously asked Trump directly about the nuclear triad, and Trump didn't seem to know what it meant then either. Hewitt figured he would've looked it up by the debate, but apparently he didn't.

I also think Cruz has no idea what "carpet bomb" means. He has implied a few times that he thinks it just means high intensity, but very targeted strikes. Carpet bomb, I believe, is still the term used for indiscriminate and massive bombing of entire cities- civilians be damned. Perhaps unavoidable back in WWII, where it was used often, but lately considered to be a savage tactic. 

These are smart guys, but they need to show a better grasp of these things.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Yah, I think Trump had no idea what was meant by "triad." Rubio politely schooled him in the debate. And the questioner, Hugh Hewitt, says he has previously asked Trump directly about the nuclear triad, and Trump didn't seem to know what it meant then either. Hewitt figured he would've looked it up by the debate, but apparently he didn't.

I also think Cruz has no idea what "carpet bomb" means. He has implied a few times that he thinks it just means high intensity, but very targeted strikes. Carpet bomb, I believe, is still the term used for indiscriminate and massive bombing of entire cities- civilians be damned. Perhaps unavoidable back in WWII, where it was used often, but lately considered to be a savage tactic. 

If only they discussed issues as if they were smart -- but they're all full of testosterone injections.

It's a race for the vote of the most conservative voters -- those are the ones who tend to vote in primaries. As a result, you get a lot of red meat, and not much thought. This year, is a John Wayne, Rambo, Insult the opposition and the current Prez at all costs, at no cost to themselves. In fact, to that electorate, in the current "Washington does nothing" atmosphere, that strategy is working well. Never back up, just double down. Interesting but it's all theatre, and for me, is not worth watching.

And the "Donald Train" just keeps on choo-chooing down the tracks.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

4 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I've heard about some Dems who may cross over to Trump.

I have not doubt about that.  The numbers can even be significant, IMO, but not enough for Trump to win the general election.   I think many Independents, and GOPs will not vote for Trump more so than Dems crossing over to Trump.  

I was thinking that if GOP broker convention happens, the GOP powers to be will not allow Trump to be the final nominee.   Call it a hunch ... :-D

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

10 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

I have not doubt about that.  The numbers can even be significant, IMO, but not enough for Trump to win the general election.   I think many Independents, and GOPs will not vote for Trump more so than Dems crossing over to Trump.  

I was thinking that if GOP broker convention happens, the GOP powers to be will not allow Trump to be the final nominee.   Call it a hunch ... :-D

Yeah, Trump is so polarizing - highest in fanatical followers, and highest in fanatical haters - that they wouldn't even even have to hold the general elections if DT was the GOP candidate. I think I could win against him in that event....

dak4n6

Okay, so Donald is on "Morning Joe" today and expresses admiration for Vladimir Putin because of his popularity ... saying he is a strong leader and the people respect him because of his "popularity."

I see a problem here...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

3 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Okay, so Donald is on "Morning Joe" today and expresses admiration for Vladimir Putin because of his popularity ... saying he is a strong leader and the people respect him because of his "popularity."

I see a problem here...

This is a page out of Narcissist Personality Disorder description.   One of their traits is to associate only with people worthy of their presence.   Putin and Trump see each other as their equal, worthy of "getting along."   

On 12/17/2015 at 7:23 AM, RandallT said:

This is why I am speechless.   Carpet bombing has no place in 21st century, and by developed nations with smart bomb technology.   If Trump or Cruz didn't know what it means, it's really bad.   If they knew and still are saying this (I think this is the case), it's worse.   This alone should disqualifies them from being the President of USA.    I heard Trump on interview where he was very explicit on killing wives of ISIS.   Are we willing to lower ourselves to ISIS level this way?   If we do, it will backfire 1000 fold and USA will be never the same.   Cruz is a smart guy but his ambition to be the POTUS has blinded him.   Trump is NOT a smart guy and he is just being himself.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Trump is an idiot. In fact, all of the Republican candidates are either a) idiots or b) trying to get the vote of idiots in the US. Sorry if I'm being too harsh or offensive, but I just can't stand these Republican politicians. It's ****ing 2016 and these people are still denying the FACT of evolution and don't want it to be taught in schools. Not to mention their denial of global warming. :doh:

Anyways, back to Trump. Most of his views are all completely backwards. But if a Republican wins the election, I hope it's him. Why? Because it would show how pathetic Republican candidates have become that people would vote in Trump over the rest of these idiots. Rant over. 

8 hours ago, tmac20 said:

Trump is an idiot. In fact, all of the Republican candidates are either a) idiots or b) trying to get the vote of idiots in the US. Sorry if I'm being too harsh or offensive, but I just can't stand these Republican politicians. It's ****ing 2016 and these people are still denying the FACT of evolution and don't want it to be taught in schools. Not to mention their denial of global warming. :doh:

Anyways, back to Trump. Most of his views are all completely backwards. But if a Republican wins the election, I hope it's him. Why? Because it would show how pathetic Republican candidates have become that people would vote in Trump over the rest of these idiots. Rant over. 

My problem with politics is the dumbing down of the message. None of the candidates on either side of the aisle are uneducated. Most I would categorize as very educated and smart. The have advanced degrees and business or political experience. But, they pander the the lowest denominator because we have seemingly vilified being intellectual. Shrewdness is seen as a positive, but deep thinking is seen as a negative. That is the sad part of politics. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

My problem with politics is the dumbing down of the message. None of the candidates on either side of the aisle are uneducated. Most I would categorize as very educated and smart. The have advanced degrees and business or political experience. But, they pander the the lowest denominator because we have seemingly vilified being intellectual. Shrewdness is seen as a positive, but deep thinking is seen as a negative. That is the sad part of politics. 

For Sure as my Grandkids would say.  Today's politicians say a lot of "feel good" statements that are just not doable.  The only real thing they seem to accomplish is they invariably become millionaires. But seems the electorate wants to keep them in office.  Why?  That's a question I can't answer.  I personally would like to see the electorate impose term limits at the ballot box and begin electing some citizens who are not interested in a career in politics but just want to serve the country for a few years.   What do you think?  The right wing and the left wing are part of the same bird.

Butch

3 hours ago, ghalfaire said:

For Sure as my Grandkids would say.  Today's politicians say a lot of "feel good" statements that are just not doable.  The only real thing they seem to accomplish is they invariably become millionaires. But seems the electorate wants to keep them in office.  Why?  That's a question I can't answer.  I personally would like to see the electorate impose term limits at the ballot box and begin electing some citizens who are not interested in a career in politics but just want to serve the country for a few years.   What do you think?  The right wing and the left wing are part of the same bird.

Agree. We all want term limits except the people who are in elected office!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Trump has my vote.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

On December 19, 2015 at 11:14 PM, tmac20 said:

I don't think you're being too harsh or offensive, but if you think republicans have a lock on idiots for candidates and voters, you are being naive.

Both parties have idiots on the outer fringe and they usually receive the most press. Most Americans (hopefully) are not in either of those fringe groups. For many of us, we vote the lesser of the two evils - which can mean either party or an independent candidate.

What I do enjoy is listening to someone defend their party or candidate as being completely right on every issue while attacking the other for being completely wrong. I have family/friends from either party who do this and they're usually easy targets.

FWIW, I would vote for almost anyone besides Hillary or Trump.

Jon

I haven't felt good about voting for any candidate since the Ronald Reagan days. It would be nice if we could do a mix and match, like Mr. Potato head.... Take the business sense of Trump (don't let him talk).... Let Ben Carson or someone else do that.... keep the experience of Hillary... And sprinkle in a little Bernie Sanders. But then again... I guess it's not going to happen.

Dave

14 hours ago, LBlack14 said:

Trump has my vote.

:-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Last night Trump was making jokes about killing journalists. His rhetoric is getting dangerous.

And then there is this on Hillary losing to Obama: "She was favored to win and she got shlonged!" Wow, so Presidential. I am astounded that he is even still around let alone leading in the polls. He has made scores of statements that would disqualify any other candidate. Sorry GOP voters, but I really have to wonder about your collective intelligence. It's like people are incapable of critical thought.

Bill M

I don't think that the demographics of support for Trump is composed of the best and brightest (I hope). The high poll ratings for DT simply shows that there is an abundance of cretins in this country who think of life and international relationships as a video game - shoot them, blow them up, kick them out, keep them out, police state, it's all good! The more bullets, bombs, and unconstitutional policies, the better! It's easy!

dak4n6

4 hours ago, phan52 said:

Sorry GOP voters, but I really have to wonder about your collective intelligence. It's like people are incapable of critical thought.

Not all GOP voters but those uneducated, disfranchised ones.   Poll studies show that, in general, Trump's supporters are blue collar workers with less than college educated.    These are not the best of GOP or conservative folks, and don't represent the larger USA.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!