IGNORED

2015 John Deere Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Then I'm not the one who should have been arguing with you ... because I am not bothered by Tigers behavior either.  These guys are all competitiors, and they all want it bad.  A little frustration escapes verbally here and there?  Well, that's to be expected.  The guys who are able to keep it bottled or not be bothered by it (Kuchar as one example) are great, and I commend them, but not at the expense of those who are fiery. Nobody on tour calls themselves more profane names than I do when I'm on the course and I suck, so who am I to judge? P.S. - there was no need for an apology. :beer:

Yeah I wanted to phrase the question as to not be a direct comparison with Tiger in general and get honest feedback on people's take. Thanks! :beer:

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Yeah I wanted to phrase the question as to not be a direct comparison with Tiger in general and get honest feedback on people's take.

Thanks!

Sorry if we felt like we were piling on a bit there. Honestly I think it's fine for the guys to blow off some steam, I just think networks could do a bit better job about their microphones if they want to avoid airing it for various reasons, since it seems the networks don't particularly like it when a player goes off at himself. Put in a small delay and then, if necessary, they can mute the microphones after the shot is hit to prevent awkward situations for the commentators such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw83P2zkfbE

I can't exactly be disparaging towards those on tour who do it though. This is their livelihood and each stroke can cost them thousands of dollars. I play for fun and in small tournaments and still will mumble similar things to myself, so it only makes sense that at their point they might not be mumbling anymore.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Any one else notice that there has been very little "get in the holes" and "Bababooeys" ... Nice pleasant midwest golf...

Just a random air cannon that probably cost Zach Johnson a few hundred thousand dollars.

And with the chip-in on 16, I'm currently convinced that Jordan Speith is the greatest golfer that ever lived. Well, maybe not--but I think he's going to win this one.

I doubt it cost him a nickel.  He was 35 feet away and 2-putted.

As to the latter point, at one stage (1965) Jack declared that one way for him to exceed Hogan to become the GOAT (he considered Hogan the GOAT at the time, which is strange since he didn't have the most majors - but then no one has ever held Jack to a standard of consistency) would be to win a single season pro grand slam.Since the media ceded standard-setting to Jack 40 years ago, if Spieth wins at St. Andrews and whistling Straights this year maybe he DOES become the instant GOAT.

I honestly don't have a big issue with Jordan. I was more curious as to why people seem to not be bothered by his actions yet so many people ridicule Tiger for his behavior.

I am actually rooting for Jordan in the Open. Bringing home the Grand Slam would be amazing.

I apologize if I came across as brash in any way. His putter swing and comments just got me wondering.

Don't be embarrassed.  You were trolling and got some nice bites.  Own it.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Jordan is just on another planet with his putter, I'll be rooting for him for sure, and doubt anyone can touch him because he looks Tiger Woods good with the flat stick, this Open is his, I bet he goes wire to wire again.

Good work Gillis.

At least he played himself into the Open field.

Interesting side note: Tom Gillis made his PGA Tour debut the year Jordan Spieth was born.

Bill M

Jordan is just on another planet with his putter, I'll be rooting for him for sure, and doubt anyone can touch him because he looks Tiger Woods good with the flat stick, this Open is his, I bet he goes wire to wire again.

He needs to straighten the driver out, though. If you're going to miss the fairway, you need to miss left, but Jordan's tendency is to miss right on drives. I think if there's anything he's going to be working on the next few days, that's it. He said he's been working on a draw...that draw will come in handy at St. Andrew's. Also with the winds forecasted to be high all week, really needs to work on that low ball flight.

This is not good hustle, Tom Gillis.

I am glad he wrote what he thought and his feelings. You don't have to conform to every wish of every person in the world.  Would it be ok for someone to right "It was great seeing mike sam kiss his partner? ? Good for them, and if they want to write it makes them sick to see a guy and girl kiss, again, good for them.... It is pathetic that everyone has to hide their true feelings...

I am glad he wrote what he thought and his feelings. You don't have to conform to every wish of every person in the world.  Would it be ok for someone to right "It was great seeing mike sam kiss his partner? ? Good for them, and if they want to write it makes them sick to see a guy and girl kiss, again, good for them.... It is pathetic that everyone has to hide their true feelings...

I'm confused. You barrage Jordan for acting like himself but commend Gillis for telling everyone (stuff I didn't need to know) that he finds guys kissing scary via twitter...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

He could've just kept his mouth shut, for one. His bigoted views are not to be supported.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

He could've just kept his mouth shut, for one. His bigoted views are not to be supported.

Views which we wouldn't have known if he kept his mouth shut.  So it would be better for him if he was quiet, but it's better for me that he shared and now I know he's a fool. :beer:

I'm confused. You barrage Jordan for acting like himself but commend Gillis for telling everyone (stuff I didn't need to know) that he finds guys kissing scary via twitter...

My bad, I had you confused with pumattack

I am glad he wrote what he thought and his feelings. You don't have to conform to every wish of every person in the world. Would it be ok for someone to right "It was great seeing mike sam kiss his partner? ? Good for them, and if they want to write it makes them sick to see a guy and girl kiss, again, good for them.... It is pathetic that everyone has to hide their true feelings...

Uhm, yeah.

Riley

Not sure anyone ever heard this story on Spieth, but kinda funny....had a chance to date Kendall Jenner (Bruce/Caitlyn's daughter) and he shot her down. [URL=http://nypost.com/2015/06/17/why-jordan-spieth-shot-down-date-with-kendall-jenner/]http://nypost.com/2015/06/17/why-jordan-spieth-shot-down-date-with-kendall-jenner/[/URL]

Dumbass.

Riley

Agree Why would he ever want anything to do with that train wreck?

Exactly.

Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!