IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

On 5/31/2023 at 9:50 PM, StuM said:

What course!

It was Pigeon Creek in the West Olive / North Holland area..   I had known about the course for a while but finally got around to playing it..  And wow i was surprised, such a nice course!   the carts had GPS/ hole layouts / radio / score keeper / weather on the screen.     The course was challenging with Water and heather rough, but fun!  fairways was fast and the greens fast and firm.     

plus the course is building what looks like a area for parties and weddings 

• Like 3

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So Friday I went to East Lansing, Michigan to play Forest Akers West with my brother.... well we get there and they had an outing that morning and my brother is like wait, i have the confirmation email right here....  ( they scheduled ) it for saturday lol..    So we ended up playing Forest Akers East and College Field.     Now Akers East for the $, i thought was nice, still a bit challenging, but not terribly hard...   my swing was wonky all day long so that didn't help at all.    And I shot a even 100 lol ( had 3 lost balls too).    my brother being the punk that he is, shot an 81

so off to College Field , and everyone knows that Friday was hotter than the devils sauna..    And a few Long Drink beer's later and we are both cooled off and refreshed...  the course is nice!!  kinda open, but still had challenges and houses lined the course, so there was OB everywhere.    I ended up shooting a 95 ( had another 3 lost balls )     

Oh and at the turn the Ranger at College Field was handing out cooling towels to take with you on the back 9.   which was nice, because we'd just dip them in our ice bag to keep the towels cold.   

• Like 1

It is what it is

99 on Friday. Again put together a tidy front 9 (43) and had a couple of disaster holes on the back 9. At least this time it wasn't bad course management. I'd been driving well round the front and then hooked 2 in a row OB on 11 followed by a big slice on 13.  I love days when I have a 2 sided miss going on 😞

Hey guys! I’m gonna start posting here again, and I’ll update in my blog as well soon. Here are my most recent five rounds:

5/23: Teed it up with a few buddies at Umstead. 40-42-82. A 9.5 differential from the blues. Doubled the fifth hole but apart from that limited the damage to just bogeys. 

5/29: Played Croasdaile after work, from the blues as per usual. 45-40-85 and a 10.9 differential. I was -1 for the back going into 15 but choked the last four holes. An ugly three-putt double and three bogeys.

5/30: Played Wildwood Green with a few guys from work. 44-40-84 from the blues (70.3/131) and an 11.8 differential. Highlight of the day was hitting my second shot on the par-5 13th to 15 feet. I was a little timid on the eagle putt but cleaned up for birdie without much trouble.

6/4: Another round after opening. 44-48-92 from the gold/blue hybrid at Croasdaile (6744 yds, 72.9/139) so a 15.5 differential. I was putting myself out of position off the tee a lot this day, but I made a few good putts that kept that 92 from being even worse.

6/5: Yesterday was another trek, to Forest Oaks in Greensboro. I shot 44-41-85 there from the blues (definitely on the longer side at close to 6900) for a 9.9 differential. I butchered the first three par 3s, all with awful tee shots leading to doubles, before parring 17. 

The day prior, the driver was inconsistent and the putter was solid. This day it was the opposite. I had five three-putts en route to a total of 37 putts on the day. As for the driver, I was hitting it well, and even when I wasn’t in the fairway (I hit 9/14 fairways) I was still in good position to hit the green except for one hole.

Tomorrow I’m going to update in my blog, going through some highlights of the last part of the semester and the first few weeks of my internship, and some things I’m working on with my game. I’m looking forward to getting back to posting regularly here.

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Broke a toe in mid April so it’s like I’m starting the year now. 2nd time back from injury. Played 9 again. I’m not ready for 18 this early in a season. Inconsistent. First 2 holes made 2 putt pars and was feeling good. 3-4 played back into the wind and driver wasn’t hit well. Bogeys. 2 putt par at 5. Up and downs for par at 6-7. Bogey at 8 and finished with a long bomb off the fringe at 9. Played the side 2 over. 12 putts only. I’ll take the putting and short game, but hit a few bad tee balls. Missed some greens I shouldn’t miss. But it’s progress.

• Like 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot 85 on Sunday, 7 GIR / 12 nGIR, and 2 penalty strokes.

Didn't hit the ball great, and 85 was probably about as good a score as I could have hoped for. Need to improve putting, been losing strokes on the greens all year, inside 10 feet and from 10-20 feet. This round was no different.

image.png.880d92d6f067e73f8fd6fa099a238e35.png

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I'm a little slow posting.

On Tuesday I shot a 51 but I felt I should have scored much better.  One hole I cursed myself.  I had a 2 footer for par and my opponent said "That's Good" and I replied, "No, I always putt for par" then I rushed the putt and missed. That and a couple other mental lapses hurt.  I actujally felt I was hitting the ball well, just not finishing.  I don't think it helped that we waited on virtually every tee box.  On #8 (a par 3) we waited at least 14 minutes but we did have a nice chat with the group ahead of us that was also waiting for the group on the green that just waited for the group that just moved to #9 tee that was waiting on the group that was in #9 fairway.  Those kinds of rounds never bode well for my game.

Yesterday was comical.  I ended up taking 5 penalty strockes on 9 holes and still shot 47 (Par 35 course).  Before I say much more, the course was short and we playing the back tees and it was only 2832 yards so I should have scored low.  First hole started great with a 234 yard drive leaving @ 45 yards to the front edge of the green.  Of course I screw up the pitch and land 7 yards short of the green.  Another chip & 2 putts for Bogie.  2nd hole was a Par 3, hit my tee shot directly left into the trees...hitting 3 from the Tee on a Par 3 is never good.  3rd hold Par 5 I sclice into crap for a drop but at least I finished that in Bogie.  4th hole pulled my tee shot into the trees and thought it was a goner but luckily it richocheeted a few times and landed in the center of the fairway, not very long but better than a lost ball.  But not to be outdone, I pull my 2nd shot into the trees but did not get the lucky bounce leading to another drop and a double-bogie.  I then got a par followed by triple-bogie where I had a good lie from some heather but chunked it a whopping 35 years and stayed inthe heather.  After that I went Par-Par then on #9 hit my tee short right into more trouble for yet another drop.  As for putting, 7 2-Putts and 2 1-Putts so at least I was OK there.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

50! on the front 9.
I made good contact. I hit the ball well.
I just happened to land in the high grass or behind a tree.
I carded a quad boogie on thr 3rd hole because my drive was behing a tree. My 2nd shot ricochet off said tree. My 3rd shot clipped the top of that same tree. My 4th short cleared the tree but bounced off the cart path in front of the tree and ended up behind the green!

I should have just punched my way out under the tree!
🪓🌳🪓 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Shot a 41, two doubles, one birdie, and 6 pars. Three mishits through trees. One of the luckiest 41’s I’ve played. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

27 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Shot a 41, two doubles, one birdie, and 6 pars. Three mishits through trees. One of the luckiest 41’s I’ve played. 

I can’t math. Three doubles, one birdie, and 5 pars. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On a much less difficult course than one might typically play, 76 (70 net). Good enough to tie for 6th in the Flight and miss being in the money. Our 97 year-old founder shot a 75 (66 net) to win. 22 strokes under his age, not too shabby.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

I too have been very slow to post lately. I did want to post my Wednesday Night League round, however. 2023-06-15.thumb.png.5f822274e28a3a4205025003e129eb80.png

Of course, shooting 42 for 9 is not my final goal. Having typed that, there are many things I'm really excited about from this round. 

1. My average driving distance according to Shot Scope was 274... best in a long long time. 
  2. 5 of my drives were really good, 2 were good enough. 
  3. My approach play can still improve, but I had 3 GIR's and 5 NGIR's, ZERO scabby approaches. All my misses were either long or left. (BTW - The par 3's were set up brutal on this particular day.) 
  4. Although I didn't make any putts, I putted well. All 2 putts. One time I left a 3-footer, all the rest were tap-ins. So, even though they didn't drop, they were close. I feel like some of those would/should drop eventually. 
  5. No 6's on the card. 😁

My approach play is still a weakness that needs to improve. In addition, I need to be able to chip it closer. However, I feel like I'm getting close. Obviously, I don't always make par or birdie, but at least now I'm at the point where standing on the teebox I feel like I CAN make par or birdie. 

I really wish I had more time to practice, but my real life has been and continues to be insane the last couple of months. I think the practice I am getting is paying dividends. 👍😁👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I too have been very slow to post lately. I did want to post my Wednesday Night League round, however. 2023-06-15.thumb.png.5f822274e28a3a4205025003e129eb80.png

Of course, shooting 42 for 9 is not my final goal. Having typed that, there are many things I'm really excited about from this round. 

1. My average driving distance according to Shot Scope was 274... best in a long long time. 
  2. 5 of my drives were really good, 2 were good enough. 
  3. My approach play can still improve, but I had 3 GIR's and 5 NGIR's, ZERO scabby approaches. All my misses were either long or left. (BTW - The par 3's were set up brutal on this particular day.) 
  4. Although I didn't make any putts, I putted well. All 2 putts. One time I left a 3-footer, all the rest were tap-ins. So, even though they didn't drop, they were close. I feel like some of those would/should drop eventually. 
  5. No 6's on the card. 😁

My approach play is still a weakness that needs to improve. In addition, I need to be able to chip it closer. However, I feel like I'm getting close. Obviously, I don't always make par or birdie, but at least now I'm at the point where standing on the teebox I feel like I CAN make par or birdie. 

I really wish I had more time to practice, but my real life has been and continues to be insane the last couple of months. I think the practice I am getting is paying dividends. 👍😁👍

Not a bad round assuming my math is correct, and you may have shot a differential close to or a little less than your index. It is always a good day when that happens. I played in a lot of golf outings out there and it brought back memories looking over your card and picturing the holes. Your driving average is something to definitely feel good about.

The course has a nice practice range, but a smallish putting green. Maybe that is why you feel the chipping could be better? That is something that can be squeezed in. I would go over to Oakhaven early on a weekend morning and just spend hours chipping on their two practice greens. I would often be home before the whole family was up and moving. 

34 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I would go over to Oakhaven early on a weekend morning and just spend hours chipping on their two practice greens. I would often be home before the whole family was up and moving. 

I may have to try that.

Thanks for the idea. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Shot a new PB today. Beating my previous best of 79 by 4 for a 75. My goal was breaking 80 this year so delighted to have flew past it already a few times. 

5C3EE119-C0D5-40CD-83FD-C5C4923A86B4.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Nail said:

Beating my previous best of 79 by 4 for a 75.

That's not beating it. That's demolishing it!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Solid Golf after I put some time into my putting game during the week ...pretty much the difference for me between winning my first medal Comp and being mid-pack .. cold grey conditions ..greens tough .. funny didn't think I was in the winning after a good few duff chips and poor putt reads ... should have had another couple birdies 

(course distance in Metres)

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 10.01.20 AM.png

Go Foxy Go