IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Just broke 80 for the first time in my life. Woo hoo!!! 78 at Encanto in Phoenix.6100 yards. I've vowed to never again play the white tees once I broke 80, so now it's time to play big boy tees.

It was really pretty cool the way it happened, too. I sunk a 50 foot downhill putt on 14 to save par , then 2 guys letting me play through on the next hole watched me calmly sink about a 35 footer uphill with 2 feet of break to save par again. On the next hole I sliced my drive like 40 yards right of the fairway. Awful shot. I then hit a 4 iron hook around a cluster of palm trees about 190 yards to the fringe 35 feet from the cup, chipped it to 2 feet, and saved par again. It was probably the best shot I've ever hit. 18 was driver 270 to the middle of the fairway, flighted PW to 25 feet from the cup but dead at it, and a 2 putt. Exactly what I wanted to do.

The best part is I didn't feel like I played all that well. I hit two balls OB, banana hooked a 3 wood trying to reach a par 5 in two from 245 yards (needed a AW between two towering trees to save par - 3 putted for bogey), and skulled a few iron shots from the fairway. My putting and short game were excellent, though, and I drove the ball very well. I also hit a 150 yard 8 iron to two feet for an easy birdie,and had some really nice iron shots. 8 GIR, 8 of 14 FIR, and 28 putts.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just broke 80 for the first time in my life. Woo hoo!!! 78 at Encanto in Phoenix.6100 yards. I've vowed to never again play the white tees once I broke 80, so now it's time to play big boy tees. It was really pretty cool the way it happened, too. I sunk a 50 foot downhill putt on 14 to save par , then 2 guys letting me play through on the next hole watched me calmly sink about a 35 footer uphill with 2 feet of break to save par again. On the next hole I sliced my drive like 40 yards right of the fairway. Awful shot. I then hit a 4 iron hook around a cluster of palm trees about 190 yards to the fringe 35 feet from the cup, chipped it to 2 feet, and saved par again. It was probably the best shot I've ever hit. 18 was driver 270 to the middle of the fairway, flighted PW to 25 feet from the cup but dead at it, and a 2 putt. Exactly what I wanted to do. The best part is I didn't feel like I played all that well. I hit two balls OB, banana hooked a 3 wood trying to reach a par 5 in two from 245 yards (needed a AW between two towering trees to save par - 3 putted for bogey), and skulled a few iron shots from the fairway. My putting and short game were excellent, though, and I drove the ball very well. I also hit a 150 yard 8 iron to two feet for an easy birdie,and had some really nice iron shots. 8 GIR, 8 of 14 FIR, and 28 putts.

CONGRATS!!! Thats awesome!

Very ugly 51 playing 9 this morning. Couldn't drive, couldn't putt. All around not so great round. Back to the drawing board driving range....

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jefkve/round/578968

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Broke 80 for the second time! Shot a 79 on a 70.3/129 for a 7.9 differential. Handicap trending down to a 10.7 right now, could go even lower with another good score on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

83 last night in 15-20 mph wind. It came out of nowhere, dead calm when I teed off and raging before I got to the 1st green. Made for a tough day. I felt fortunate to be where I was standing on 18. It's a hole I almost always score par or better and a par would have me shooting 81, which would have replaced the highest score in my ten best and I would have trended down a little.

In my mind it was a foregone conclusion, I'd make par and post my score. Nope after a couple not so windy holes a crosswind hits so I teed it down and tried to punch it up the gut. It got a little higher than I'd like and I started it right, the wind blew it further right and it landed on the downside of a mound about 20 yards from OB. It bounced hard and I caught sight of it running into the deep weeds near the white stakes. I hit a provisional and went to look for it. Found it right on the line, so I thought. To be sure I went to the white stake further up and looked back. Sure enough looking back at it the ball was about 5" OB. Made double and left thinking dang nab it. .

Dave :-)

83 last night in 15-20 mph wind. It came out of nowhere, dead calm when I teed off and raging before I got to the 1st green. Made for a tough day. I felt fortunate to be where I was standing on 18. It's a hole I almost always score par or better and a par would have me shooting 81, which would have replaced the highest score in my ten best and I would have trended down a little. In my mind it was a foregone conclusion, I'd make par and post my score. Nope after a couple not so windy holes a crosswind hits so I teed it down and tried to punch it up the gut. It got a little higher than I'd like and I started it right, the wind blew it further right and it landed on the downside of a mound about 20 yards from OB. It bounced hard and I caught sight of it running into the deep weeds near the white stakes. I hit a provisional and went to look for it. Found it right on the line, so I thought. To be sure I went to the white stake further up and looked back. Sure enough looking back at it the ball was about 5" OB. Made double and left thinking dang nab it. .

If 15-20 bothered u that bad, take my advice and never play golf in amarillo or anywhere else in the tx panhandle. Lol

80 front 39 back 41 rated 72.8 slope 131 indexed 6.2

12 pars

4  bogeys

2  d bogeys :no:

35        Putts

6/14     Fairways

12/18   GIR

Hit a lot of good recovery shots on fairways missed, hit 2 greens from fairway bunkers, also had at least 4 or 5 putts just skim the lip of the cup stopping within 6" so that was inspiring, basically I view myself making those putts in execution only they didn't hole out is all. All in all this could have been a mid 70's round if those putts fell and I feel as if I'm starting to round a corner I hope, the day was very warm by the time we finished the temp was closing in on 100*. I'm also playing without a glove and I think I may want to do this until I think the glove is offering a benefit. Hit a 350 yard tee shot on the 18th hole with of course cart path help ;-) .

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Played a different course today and shot 85 not bad but I was all over the place. No consistent miss, both left and right. Shots did not seem to carry as far as normal and I kept coming up short on what I thought were good shots. Beautiful course, old style narrow fairways, tree lined and small greens. Just enjoyed being on the course good play of bad.

Played a different course today and shot 85 not bad but I was all over the place. No consistent miss, both left and right. Shots did not seem to carry as far as normal and I kept coming up short on what I thought were good shots. Beautiful course, old style narrow fairways, tree lined and small greens. Just enjoyed being on the course good play of bad.

[quote name="shanksalot" url="/t/146/whatd-you-shoot-today/14040#post_1198685"]Played a different course today and shot 85 not bad but I was all over the place. No consistent miss, both left and right. Shots did not seem to carry as far as normal and I kept coming up short on what I thought were good shots. Beautiful course, old style narrow fairways, tree lined and small greens. Just enjoyed being on the course good play of bad.  [/quote] Sign me up for an 85 anytime anywhere!! ⛳️

91. I had my first eagle, and that made the entire outing worth it. I have to reconcile the round with my game golf. Remind me not to hit a 4 iron off the deck from 185 yds out again. It's a 200 yd club, but then that's what happens when it's new.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Thanks. I did count my back 9 correctly. See I hit a provisional on 14 on my third shot when it looked like my ball might be lost, and I kinda lost track, but I found my original ball in a decent place as I was driving my cart. I ended up with a double on that par 5. What I didn't add correctly was the front 9. I had a 44, not a 45, making the round a 90! These last three rounds will knock a 100, 98 and a 99 off the HC calc on the next revision, and they're replacing 69.1/112 with 71.8/118, 71.8/126, 72.1/121. Could be significant.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Played a tournament yesterday at a new course for me (69.9/126). Shot 94...21.6 differential.

First hour in the rain, and greens pretty waterlogged. 4th hole I was chipping from 6 yards off the green.

Hits the apron and almost sinks and skids to a stop 5 feet onto the green...still 40 feet away.

I bang my putt and only goes 20 feet with the watertail. 3 putt from there!!! Yikes!!!

Rain stopped and I settled down playing 12 over in last 13 holes!!

69 at Crystal Falls in Leander.  Couldn't really get anything going, just had to play scrappy.  Left 4 shots out there plain and clear.

Handicap 9 17 13 11 7 3 5 15 1 10 16 8 12 4 18 14 6 2
Par 5 3 4 4 4 4 5 3 4 36 4 3 5 4 4 3 4 4 5 36 72
Score 4 3 4 4 5 3 5 3 4 35 5 3 4 5 3 3 3 4 4 34 69
+/-
Net Score 4 3 4 4 5 3 5 3 3 34 5 3 4 5 3 3 3 4 3 33 67
Fairway 100% 85.7% 92.9%
Putts 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1.8 3 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 1.8 1.8
1st Putt Dist 25 3 20 20 15 2 3 15 12 12.8 35 10 2 25 5 8 5 20 25 15 13.9
Approach Shot 66.7% 88.9% 77.8%

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Played Otter Creek - Blue Tees - 6705 72.9 rating, 133 slope. Cool day 60ish. The course was in perfect shape.

Front nine 45 hit my drives and approach shots very well, couldn't chip or putt had 3 three putt bogeys and a double on the ninth which is deep into my head I can't stop thinking about it for a week leading up to playing it!.

Back nine 45 - Crap off the tee, pulling Irons, but hitting great recovery shotsm short game good and sunk a couple of 12 footers (long for me) to "save" bogeys..

Sunday, Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH, Whites, CR: 66.8 47-46-93 With the Norwalk event less than a week away, I decided to keep score this time and see where I'm at. Answer: No where good. My putting was a joke. Several three-putts and a four-putt on No.9, the 1 handicap hole. No. 9 is a big back-to-front sloped green with the back right and left corners bending into a downgrade. Some sadistic bastard put the hole on the back-right drop off. On in three, putt short. Ran the second way past the hole and into the fringe and missed the come backer. I was on tilt for the next two holes before I calmed down. Otherwise, I was hitting about 1 decent ball for every two swings. On a wide open course like this one, it was remarkable how I seemed to find a tree with every miss-hit. Gorgeous day though. Mid 60s with just a breeze is my ideal golfing weather.