IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

9 minutes ago, klineka said:

Shot a new personal best round of 80 (40-40) on Sunday at Willow Run Golf Course in Pataskala, Ohio.

Had 1 double bogey and 1 birdie, drove really well all day. 

Isn't it amazing how well you score when you drive the ball well?   I think that's the most important shot in golf. 

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Carmel Mtn Ranch today. 42-40. Not a bad day at all! Driver was working, putting ok, sand play good. Pulled some of my irons but didn't totally hose them.

Shot 88 on my home course Sunday, par 72. 41 points and cut 1.2 shots.  :) 

First time breaking 90 in 5 years, 

Noted that keeping it safe and on the short stuff as much as possible works, 3 wood can help off the tee 

if in trouble, bail to the fairway and avoiding the hero shots. a bad hole can be saved with a good short game, up and downs. 

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Played The Patriot Club at Grand Harbor again today.  This was a much better day on the course, especially weather wise.  Started out Par, bogey, bogey, bogey and turned around and played final 14 holes +1, with back to back birdies on 8 & 9. :beer:

So 37-39-76 Blue Tee 6610 Yds

2 birdies, no doubles and one three putt.

Really like this golf course.  I could retire here.

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Lots of RAIN!!!!!   ..and cold!  In spite of that, I was able to play some sloshing-around sloppy golf last weekend in 30 degree wind-chills on SAT...and and slightly better conditions Sunday.

Drumm Farm: 72.5CR 137slope........ 41-46=87              Blue Springs CC:  72.1CR 137slope............43-43=86

Tough wet conditions dealing with wet/muddy conditions......... chipping/pitching was tough because of the muddy tight lies....... It's all good though!!!!!!   ITS EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I GOT IT! LOL.............

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Today was interesting.  43 on nine but hit it well.  My full game was online but irons were longer than normal resulting in some tough leaves.

i think I am overcoming my tendency to flinch on full swings resulting in a better speed through impact in part due to some information I have found put up byiacas and mvmac.

Couldnt finish a full eighteen.  Putting was terrible I made nothing may need to practice.  On a 160 par three I was ten feet long and three putted it.

some people would react to playing my round in frustration but I actually had a lot of fun basically hitting really good online shots.

Pretty normal round for me today. 30 putts, 9 pars, and 9 bogies. (40/41) Nothing really bad, or spectacular. Just consistent. Did have a couple of chips lip out that would have went for birdies. Going again tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

88 w/4 lost balls off the tee. Usually the driver is my most reliable club....not today. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

40-41-81 at Springfield with @GolfLug on a very windy and cold day.   There were gusts up to 40 mph.  Crazy day, but our team won the team bet so that was good. 

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

League started on Wednesday.  Shot a 42.  Won 5.5 out of 9 points.

1 Birdie; 3 pars; 3 bogeys; 2 doubles

The Good:  

Hit 6/7 fairways

Putted really good.  Made a 20 foot birdie which won all the skins in the League.

The Bad:

Picked my head up on a really easy chip shot and shanked it into the pond.  Double bogey.

Played 36 holes today, first round was 38-42-80, similar conditions to the day before.  

Tale of two rounds, second round wind comes down some, sun comes out and 37-38-75 and played from Back Tees.

Go figure.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

34/37 = 71 (1-) at my home Course. Need to get back on practice. My chipping and driving are really bad last weeks. 2 weeks away from a mid AM, need improvements fast

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, jsgolfer said:

40-41-81 at Springfield with @GolfLug on a very windy and cold day.   There were gusts up to 40 mph.  Crazy day, but our team won the team bet so that was good. 

Yeah, weather was the story but love the course. Hope I can make it back on a decent weather day with a decent round.

Just barely hung in to shoot 89. High round of the year. Never got settled after a flubbed 1st tee shot and just wanted to chuck the putter in the deep end of a shallow pond..:-D. On a positive note, won good money and got treated to great beer. Really enjoyed meeting your friends. The clubhouse is an awesome place to hang out.

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Shot a 45-43-86 on a new course today. I think it was a great score for me considering we had wind gusts of 35+ And sustained winds of 20 mph. At least with the wind it was pretty dead on the course and finished 18 in a little over 3 hours.

78 on my home course, with a double on a par-5.  30 stableford points even won a couple of bucks in our weekly men's shootout.

Nothing particularly memorable or exciting other than it was the first time in 2 months that I've been able to swing a club without back pain.  :dance:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Played 36 holes again today, first round was 41-40-81, Couldn't make a putt.

Tale of two rounds again, second round with my Dad, started Double Bogey, Bogey and played even par after that, 37-37-74.

Go figure. 

-Jerry

21 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah, weather was the story but love the course. Hope I can make it back on a decent weather day with a decent round.

Just barely hung in to shoot 89. High round of the year. Never got settled after a flubbed 1st tee shot and just wanted to chuck the putter in the deep end of a shallow pond..:-D. On a positive note, won good money and got treated to great beer. Really enjoyed meeting your friends. The clubhouse is an awesome place to hang out.

Weather should be good for the TST East Coast Get-Together.   

-Jerry