IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

3 Penalties, 29 putts, 4 GIR.

I know putting stats are misleading, but I don't feel as though I putted that well (I thought I'd made an error somewhere but everything checked out). This was on my home course where the greens are smaller and faster, and I'm more familiar with them. Lots of putts from off the green that rolled within 5'.

7 1-putts and a putt that went in from the fringe to go along with the 2Β 3-putts.

Mid irons were solid, short iron/wedgeΒ approach shots were ok... I'm learning to accept slight misses.

Shot of the day was a 163ydΒ 6i approach to a very small, protectedΒ green. The ball hit the green andΒ stopped on the farΒ fringe whereΒ I made the putt for birdie. While a 20' putt is cool, hitting a target with a mid or long iron is one of my favorite shots - I don't succeed very often. I usually opt to layup on this green from that distance but decided insteadΒ to be a bit more aggressive.

Driver continues to lack distance, unless I'm-pissed off when I swing it.

Overall, my game is still weak and I can shoot some high scores. I just have to enjoy the rounds when that doesn't happen.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played 12 holes yesterday with a new to me golfer. It was another all irons half round for me. I did ditch the Carbite putter for my new gamer. I don't normally play on weekends, but an itch appeared that needed to be scratched. Plus most of the fair weather golfers were some where's else.

My new friend wanted to play for something. I jokingly offered to play for "pinks" on our Clicgear trollies. He laughed. We ended up at Taco Bell. He paid.Β 

Wind was big factor again. They forcasted gusts in the 30-50 mph range. Some did show up, but the trees help to block those gusts. It was a steady 2 club wind for the most part. 5 of the holes were with the wind, which helped alot.Β 

Shot a 44 for my effort. (9hole score) Made a few stroke saving putts. Playing "irons only" help me keep the ball lower. We rushed through Β three extra holes, walking off the last green in very low light conditions.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

89 at a Pete Dye course.Β  Had a double, a triple, and a quad, but otherwise everything is bogey or better.Β  One GIR... and only one.Β  Plenty of near-GIR.Β  Some up and down and three ... awful play holes, plus some missed short putts.Β  Still a great round in anticipation of two rounds next week and several the week after.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

First round back since neck surgery....shot 94. Β 45 on front and 49 on back....Had an 8 and a 7 on back after fatigue set in at tee box # 15.....Playing again Friday...shooting to break 90 for first time in my life....

Played yesterday, shot 77 (+2 and +3) with a double bogey and a lost ball. It was hard, it's been raining a lot so the course was very wet that the ball was hard to find even in the fairway. Then the greens were wet and I hit some of the slopes and my ball was where it landed so it was very hard to hit the putt when usually at normal speed that ball would have come down near to the flag or somewhere different than staying in the slope. πŸ˜…

Driver: 905R 9.5Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Fairway: 906F2 15Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Hybrid: 585.H 21Β° (S300) |Β Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) |Β Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11 Β |Β Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Β 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Played 36 holes today, which is something I have not done in quite a while. A real test of my shoulder healing process.

Played in an early bird tournament this morning, and carded an 86. Nothing real bad or good. Just consistent. Four pars, and 14 bogie 1s. Made a few one putts.

A couple hours later after the post tournament stuff was over, myself and 3 other guys decide to hit the ball again. Shot an 84 this time. Like earlier, it was all bogie 1s, and pars.

I was quite pleased with how my stamina held up. To me, that was more important than the scores.Β 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Decent round today, shot an 88. Played better than when I shot 86 a couple of weeks back, only a few lip outs making the difference.Β 

As always when I shoot in the 80's,Β  it's straight driving that's the key.Β 

On 6/18/2018 at 7:41 PM, Osnola said:

First round back since neck surgery....shot 94. Β 45 on front and 49 on back....Had an 8 and a 7 on back after fatigue set in at tee box # 15.....Playing again Friday...shooting to break 90 for first time in my life....

This is the point Fatigue can start to set in for me too (fortunately the last 3 holes on my course are fairly soft). I always use refreshments, especially water,Β in the back 9 when I need them most. Good luck with the round on Friday.Β 

Played today and it was a decent round, had some trouble hitting my PW, I shanked one and the other catched it a bit thin and into the water but managed to hit 71 (-1). Other than that it was a good round.

Driver: 905R 9.5Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Fairway: 906F2 15Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Hybrid: 585.H 21Β° (S300) |Β Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) |Β Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11 Β |Β Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Β 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

First timer - getting back into this crazy game now that I'm retired and have the time....

So today I play a tricky course in an attempt to learn it for a tournament; a 2-day, no-HDCP (yeah!) thing. After a 10+ year layoff (of once a month play) I've worked at it. Got down to about aΒ 9 index.

Front nine my ball-striking, if you could call it that, looked like someone trying to kill bugs. Bugs that were attacking them from all angles. Ran to the range after number 9 (was playing alone and late in the day so nobody in front/behind me) and spent 20 sweaty minutes doing the exact same thing. Range-rage was creeping in, so, I said, "screw it, just keep going...".

On Number 10 tee box I decide to do a 'thing' with my left shoulder - right in the middle of my swing no less - and viola!, beautiful 4-wood draw down the middle (was a layup hole for me). Back nine was beautiful, or mostly. 44 on the front, 37 on the back. From I hate this game to I love this game in 20 minutes. Crazy.

Β 

Shot 81 on a Fazio course today in some sweltering heat. The score is pretty good for me, but as usually happens there were frustrating moments. I've really been working on my ball striking, and am improving to the point where guys I play with who are better players then me have noticed and complimented me on my improvement. Yet, because golf is hard, (and frustrating) this has left me many more birdie opportunities which I'm simply not converting. I'm not hitting bad putts, my lines and speed are pretty good, but I'm just missing. At least 5 or 6 today. In my defense the greens in my area are not good this year. We've learned the term "Winter kill" which has caused many courses to lose their greens and forced them to close for the year. Others are not much better then those that closed. I tell myself they'll eventually start to fall but....

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*Β  TaylormadeΒ  M2 15*Β  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22* Β  Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GWΒ  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*Β  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Shot a 40 for 9 holes. 5 pars, and 4 bogies. It was a hot round, literally. 108*f, with 7% humidity. It was a dry heat......lol

In My Bag:

I played with my Dad today and shot an 82.Β  Ball striking was good with the irons, but my short game and putting was way off.Β  I was fit for an Edel putter almost 10 years ago, and this is the first season I have been tempted to switch to something else.Β  I have been missing lots of short putts including a 3 foot birdie today and another 4 foot par in the first 5 holes.Β Β 

I think from my memory the putter has 2* loft, and I remember the fitter having me do a small forward press to start my swing.Β  Needless to say I was overcompensating with the press and I was not hitting my start line for the life of me.Β  My Dad noticed my struggles and said ."You really are pressing it forward maybe try less press?"Β Β 

Low and behold, I did away with the press and started hitting putts on my intended start line and rolled in a 20 birdie a few holes after the change.Β  Crazy game.Β  Putting was back to being a strength for the back nine.Β  Now to practice some to see if I can still hit my start line with confidence again.

I shot 112 today today. Couldn’t find the green off the tee. I had 2 greens in regulation. Β Several three putts and a case of the yips in the chipping game. The bright spot of the day was 125 in with the pitching wedge. Unfortunately I only had two shots in the range but stuck both of the close. Β 

Played 9: +6 =Β 41 (diff of 5.6)

GIR: 3/9 Β :-(Β 

FW: 6/7Β 

Putts: 17

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

Play another 9 holes this afternoon. Shot a 42 on the back nine, with 18 putts.Β 

It was a scorcher, with temprature in the 110*F range. Luckily the course has a lot trees (shade), and there was bit of a breeze

Pretty happy with my game right now. My last 36 holes, I have averaged 4.55 strokes per hole. (1.86 putts per) I'd like to see that 4.55 down around 4.49-4.47 by the end of summer.Β 

I just wish those averages were for 18 hole rounds, instead of 9 at a time. Next week I will be playing 18 hole rounds.Β 

In My Bag:

Played 27 on Friday, but we had money on the last 18, so I'll count that lol

Β 

Shot an 85 and only lost $5 to a couple of single digit handicappers, so I'll take it!

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Shot a 110 round that I didn’t even feel bad during the round... didn’t loose a single ball but the lenght of the course just killed me. 6600 yards.Β 

36 holes on Sunday. It has been a while since I did that, but survived quite well actually. I shot 88-85. I was a model of inconsistency,

scoring 3 birdies, an eagle, several pars, a few bogeys, and I think three or four 7's, and a couple of other doubles.

I am fairly pleased with my progress. My driving distance is improving as is my iron play. I hit more decent iron shots Sunday, than I have hit in a while. I had a few bumps. I cold topped my 3 wood twice. It was unlevel lies both times but still. My driving accuracy needs improving a bit, but I am focusing on hitting it further. My putting is trying to defunk. My old Wilson putter has eyes, but also an illegal grip. How that simple leather grip should be illegal and my Mid Slim, backweighted, Superstroke is legal is beyond me.

My focus for the next while will be maintaining my increased driver distance while improving proximity to the fairway, and trying to eliminate blowup holes.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 SΒ Β Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;Β Β Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts-Β TT AMT Red S300Β ;Β WedgesΒ Vokey SM8Β 56-10DΒ Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5Β Β Ball:Β Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1