IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

First sub 100 round in a while and ofc it happens when I decide to play on the spur of the moment and didn't have my GameGolf.  Oh well.

1 birdie

2 pars

6 bogeys

8 double bogeys

1 blow up hole

2 GIRs

1 Fairway

7 penalty strokes

35 putts

IMG_20180715_205740.jpg

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello everyone,

New member here getting back into playing after several months off, so I thought I would share my last two scores just because they kind of perfectly introduce my game.  I played about a week and a half ago at a fairly easy muni course (playing from the whites).  I shot an 82 (+6 front, +4 back).  I recently purchased a decent putter for the first time in nearly thirty five years of playing.  I proceeded to putt unbelievably well, hitting four long putts and only missing one short one.  Suffice to say, it was a complete reversal from my recent putting.  But, I know that no putter is going to magically make you a good putter....so naturally...

A week later I played an executive course with very shaggy greens.  (+10 front, +3 back).  Big shock (sarcasm), I putted very badly.  I hit the ball very nicely, but couldn't make anything of consequence and I choked a couple of short ones to boot.  I am starting to realize that the hardest thing about this game is just how hard it is to consistently execute shots, even if you have the ability to do it, actually doing it?  Over and over?  Very....very....difficult.

I am going to stop here because I fear I am already breaching forum etiquette by posting two scores and I don't want to introduce myself with an egregious forum misstep.  🙂

I have enjoyed reading the forum topics for a couple of weeks now, I hope to join in on some of the discussion moving forward.

Shot a 46 on the front 9 of a course I hadn't played yet.  Gave up after 2 more hours and 4 more holes.  Pace was mudering me.  Shot bogey golf those 4.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

Had myself a bit of a milestone yesterday. 

Normally when I play casual at my home courses, I'll play from the gold (seniors) tees because they are well over 6,000 yards anyway. With the club championship less than a month off, I've moved back to the whites in an effort to prepare.

I had managed scores in the 80s a handful of times from gold on Kittyhawk's Eagle, but for the first time, I broke 90 from the white tees. It's 6,713 yards, 71.9/125. Posting it on ghin, it's easily the best differential I've had this year.

• Like 1

2 rounds this weekend. 

Friday played about as good I'm able.  1 over (2 bogies and 1 birdie) - I hit almost every fairway, and a lot of GIRs.  Fun day but lots of deer flies/horse flies nagging me on the front.  It kind of made me just go and hit instead of dwelling on pre-shot (maybe there's something to that).  And then a couple of these (picture) on the front (sandhill cranes)  Sitting at my drive on a par 5 dogleg.  Haven't seen one of these up close in some time.  That hole was my 'birdie' strangely enough.

sandhill.jpg

Sunday late round - played solo and the trend continues for about 12 holes, just hitting fairways and greens - just a lot of regulation golf.  Then I joined people for my last 6 holes and it all fell to shit.

Bill - 

I shot 85 Saturday on about 6400 yards/Par 72 rated 70.3/123

I had a pretty good ball striking day for me. My driver distance is creeping up slightly, and my iron play was pretty good for me. I have a new putter, and we are still working on our relationship. My start lines were good, but my read and speed were just off a little, and I had some 3 putts I shouldn't have had. I did have some good two putts though, and my confidence is building.

I was able to get the round posted and lowered my handicap by .6 to 13.8 at the 7/15 revision.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

After having my hcp trend up a bit this month, 15, things came together today and I shot 37-40 at Tianna GC , Walker, Mn. 

77 personal best

Did something different today. No metal woods. All Ironwoods (2-LW), and my putter. Full swings, and 1/2 (5/8?) swing punch shots is all I hit to get close, or on the greens. Short pitches, and chips as needed.

Played 9 holes. Just way too hot to play more. 

Shot a 44, with 1 par. 16 putts. Still staying below 5 strokes per hole, barely. No 6s either. I am thinking with a little more effort, I could have saved 2-3 strokes. 

I missed my 3 wood, and had room for it, but decided to go irons only just for the heck of it. Just something different

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

78 in a tournament. Couldn’t drop the birdie putts and had a double when i went into a hazard and drop was fescue. Oh well. Did have a sand wedge spin back ~15 ft and rest a couple feet from the pin for birdie; that felt good

76...8 fairways, 8 greens, 29 putts...

As you can see my driver was the worst club in the bag despite me only hitting it bad four times. The others were smoked. Wedge play was terrific and really only had one bad shot after airmailing the green. Had a few unlucky breaks in this round as the ball was hopping oddly once it landed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WGFqki2d1fUZr9Uggxlw_iIX51UDfTVs9puqcv6GdH0/edit?usp=sharing

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Played on the weekend, shot 72 (+1). My round had 6 birdies, 4 bogies and a quad! I was going along nicely at -3 after 8 holes, then put two balls OB on the 9th hole.

Then got it back to -2 with three birds, but then finished with 4 bogies, quite a rollercoaster!

Good 41 for the front nine yesterday. Had to stop at 10 , but I would have had an outside chance of breaking 80 had I continued since the back 9 is easier. Left a few shots out there on the green, and hit a few slightly off drives, but good approach shots helped me score well in the end. 

43-38 on a par 72.  Back nine is the best I've done in relation to par over 9 holes I've ever done.  Last two holes I wish we would have had more time, as daylight was ending so I rushed myself on a couple shots trying to ensure that we could finish in time, so ended up bogeying 17 and 18 when it was hard to even see the ball.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

39 for 9.  Par is 36 but yesterday it was 35 since the par 4 first hole was closed and we finished on the 212 yard par 3 10th.....yeah, happy to finish with a bogey on that one.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

Played the tips at one could call my "home course" even though I only play there maybe 5 times a year.  Par is 71 and the tips play at 6300 yards.

Front 9: 

2 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 double bogeys, 1 triple bogey,

3 GIRs, 0 penalties, 1 sand save.

Back 9

0 pars, 0 bogeys, 1 double bogey, 8 triple bogey or worse

0 GIRs, 12 penalties, 0 sand saves.

What happened?  My ball flight reverted to a draw rather than the fade its been all season (which consists of 4  rounds this month, a couple rounds in April notwithstanding). 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/2294522

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Played 27 today.

Quick 9 in the AM for a 48 (pretty good for me)

18 at a tougher course in the PM and shot a 108.  Probably my worst round in at least a month or two.  Could not strike the ball well at all.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

Shot an 87 at Hansen Dam while walking in the tough heat. We all got gassed at the same time, then all recovered around the same time.

Hybrid long clubs were off (pushing them right), but I made up for it with short game.

Best shot of the day was a par 3, into the bunker. Second shot hit the lip and rolled into my footprint. Hit that out onto the fringe, asked them to pull the stick, and made about a 30 foot putt with about a 6 foot right to left break into the center cup. 

I’m happy with that score on a day where I was almost never GIR, but giving myself a chance at pars still.

Edited by Sidehatch