IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

90.  Not too bad for me.

The Palm Beach County courses, including the lovely Osprey Point are only $9 beginning at 4:30 PM.  It gets dark at about 6:25, so it is essentially for 9 holes. I took my 10-year old for his first outing ever.  I did not keep his score, but he made good contact.  We both had a wonderful time.

Considering that I hyper-extended my left biceps doing yard work on Monday, I am just thrilled that we got to do this at all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugh...my back nine was depressing. Shot a 45 on the front, which is just a shot over bogey golf there. That’s the tougher side in my opinion, so I was satisfied. Started with a double on the tenth. An up-and-down par on eleven got me back on track. But then I hit a shot OB on the short twelfth that resulted in a triple-bogey 7. An unlucky lip-out on thirteen cost me two more. Finished with three bogeys, a double and a triple, in that order. Disappointing because the 14th, 16th and 18th are all good chances for birdie. Total score: 45 on front, 51 on back for a 96, a stroke worse than the score I shot on this course a few weeks ago. But this time, no anger, just me getting ticked off. For me, those are two different situations, because I’m generally slow to anger. Thing is, I know I can score low on both nines because I’ve gone low on both nines. Not in the same round, but I’m just waiting for that to happen. First match is in a week, so that will probably be my next post in this thread, unless I play either Sat or Sun (not likely, since both days are gonna be cold) or we play 9 holes in practice (we may play some holes, but again, 9 holes is not likely).

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

73, pretty happy with it, windy with some crazy pins today.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Shot a 79 at Birdsfoot Golf Course. Not bad for the first time out since November. Towards the end of the round I was hitting quality shots. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot 45 on the front nine at one my local go to tracks on Friday. Had a  Downhill birdie chip on the last hole that I thought I hit perfectly....it rolled very slow all the way off the green on the other side into a water hazard!☹️ I’ll mark that side of the green as “death” next time I play that hole!

86 on Sunday morning, which makes three straight rounds in the 80s.

Got all my really awful shots out of the way on the first hole. Started with a toe hook drive that fortunately struck the trunk of a tree and bounced back onto the fairway (albeit backwards), followed by a topped 5-iron, then a shanked 55-degree wedge, and lastly a chili-dipped pitch that went about 2 yards. I finally managed to pitch on to about 5 feet and 1 putted for a double.

From that point on this was one of the better ball striking rounds I've had, with a lot of flushed mid/long irons. Ended up with 13 GIR/nGIR, and only one 3-putt. I did have 3 penalty strokes (2 from an OB drive, 1 red stake penalty area). None of the penalty strokes were the result of bad ball striking, but rather poor choice in shot selection. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

After my streak of 70's over the last week or so, Thursday's round was an 82, Rained out Friday, Saturday was an 85, and I didn't even keep score on Sunday, but I know I had a lot of doubles. Then today, back to a 75. Why do I love this game?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played Royal in Slidell, LA last Monday and this morning.  Shot 87 last week and 88 today.  Ground still pretty wet and got breezy as the morning went on.  59* when started this morning and was 70* when started.

45-ish and sunny over the weekend so I got out with my usual golf buddies.  Played a city course which was in decent shape for being off-season.  We've done indoor a few times and I've been working on a few swing changes in the simulator and I was hitting the ball very well with my irons.  Couldn't hit my driver and couldn't buy a putt, but overall it was a good day.  Shot an 82 and easily could have been in the 70's.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

4 rounds this long carnival weekend. 

81-70-74-71 (+8) Really good performance. I´m hitting hybrid or irons in par 4´s off the tee to have longer irons to the greens (my course is short 6550). It really helped me to practice those mid and long irons from the fairway and rough, At my course i usually hit wedges all day long and only a couple of long irons on par 3´s. This practice it´s really paying off and i´m sure it will help me a lot when going out and competing on 7000 yards courses. 

Pretty impressive round yesterday.  Started off badly with a whole bunch of bogeys and a double bogey.  The last 10 holes were 6 straight pars, two bogeys, a par and finally a birdie.  Total of 8 over.  73 on a par 65 (7 bogeys, 1 double, 9 pars and 1 birdie).

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Last 4 rounds have been pretty decent. 85, 83, 80, & 79. The 79 was at my very familiar home course. The other three at various courses around the area. 

My putting has been saving me a few strokes. Those being 32, 30, 30, & 28. The round of 28 involved 5 one putts for either par, or bogey. 

Birdies are scarce, and when I do get one, I usually ruin it with a double bogey. I did card a 3 on a par 5, which was uplifting. 

No 6s on the score cards, but a few too many 5s which could've/should've been 4s.

Practice the rest of this week, and will play again next Monday, weather permitting. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Played 9 last night, shot a 38. Better than I've been playing lately, but it's where I should be playing at more often. The "No 6s challenge" really had me analyze my game and try and eliminate the bigger misses. 
Finally decided to take more club into each green and swing easy, what a game changer! Was hitting pin-high all day. That alone saved me probably 2-4 strokes. 

Two different putts cost me two strokes. I missed a 3.5 footer for birdie on #3 and blew a 10 ft putt past the hole by about 4.5 ft on #7, then missed the come backer. Almost chipped in on #8. I missed a 7 footer from the fringe on #4. 
All in all it was a great round, can't wait to try and replicate it again so this differential shows up for the handicap.

IMG_6472.jpg

Played 9 last night, shot a 38. Better than I've been playing lately, but it's where I should be playing at more often. The "No 6s challenge" really had me analyze my game and try and eliminate the bigger misses. 
Finally decided to take more club into each green and swing easy, what a game changer! Was hitting pin-high all day. That alone saved me probably 2-4 strokes. 

Two different putts cost me two strokes. I missed a 3.5 footer for birdie on #3 and blew a 10 ft putt past the hole by about 4.5 ft on #7, then missed the come backer. Almost chipped in on #8. I missed a 7 footer from the fringe on #4. 
All in all it was a great round, can't wait to try and replicate it again so this differential shows up for the handicap.

Shot 43 today on the Prairie 9 at Patty Jewett Golf Course in Colorado Springs. Just glad I had some good weather to play in while visiting. Didn’t hit driver all that well, but was money from 100 yards and in with wedges and especially good on recovery shots. 

The course was maybe a Doak 2, but with the great scenery I will give it a 3. 

Shot a 78 (41-37) on Thursday on a new course I've never played before. I was pretty happy with that. Today was a 79 (42-37) on my home course with 20 mph winds. Again, I'm happy.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot 88 this morning. Had 11 nGIR/GIR and only 1 penalty stroke. 

Greens were punched, so had a few unlucky bobbles and a few lucky bobbles which evened out, but distance control was tougher than usual. 

After the front 9 I thought I might have a chance to match my personal best of 81, but a stretch of +10 on four holes on the back 9 put that out of reach really fast. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1