IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

78. Drove the ball insanely well and had all my shot shapes dialed in. Struggled a bit with my wedge approach shots and had a couple three puts. Overall not a bad round but left a few strokes on the course when I got aggressive at the wrong times. Either way, it was a blast to shoot well with my parents on the 4th of July. America.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just finished the back nine with the guys. +1, 37. 3,219 Yards, 72/132. Would/should have been higher but got lucky on 10 (192, 3 par) & 18 (534, 5 par) with birdies. Playing well right now and hope it lasts before a wheel falls off again.

Walked 18 today at my local course, which is incredibly hilly (especially the back nine).  My goal was to break 90 based on how I played a few days ago and through 13 that seemed possible as I had shot a 46 on the front 9 (and felt like I left a lot out there) and was in bogey mode up to that point.  I figured at some point I would drop a few par puts and push the back 9 into a 43/42.

Fatigue turned out to be my downfall.  The back nine is basically like walking up a mountain, just to walk down it again to find out where your ball ended up after blasting it off of that mountain.  The first two times I did this I was fine, but going up the hill on 14 (which is the entire hole) I realized how tired I was.  I doubled 14, due to suddenly developing a hook leading to a poor drive that buried the hole.

Then came 15, it was one of those holes where you get stubborn and think that this time the tree will move for you.  The hole is a par 5 with a sharp dogleg and a very sloped fairway.  I aimed a little off the right side of the fairway in order to hopefully give my chance at the green in 2 while staying on the fairway.  Well everything was fine, except there 1 tree branch that was in my path, I promptly hit that tree causing the ball to ricochet off into the high stuff.  I teed up a provisional (which ended up being the ball I played the rest of the hole with) and gave it another shot....hit the same branch.  I got lucky and it ended up being in a findable position, but it was again another three stood in my way about a 100 yards out.  My mind thought to itself, it won't happen a 3rd time...you can hit a 3 iron over that tree.  Turns out I couldn't....

After that I managed to come to my senses and pitched back into the fairway after which it was an uneventful hole but quad bogeying a par 5 doesn't help your score.

Fatigue continued to plague my swing causing two more doubles on 16 and 17 so breaking 90 was now out of the question.  I somehow pulled it together on 18 to land my 3rd par of the day and ended the round with a 96.  I probably should be happy as its the first full round I've played in about 5 years, but I'm disappointed with the 50 I put up on the back 9....I feel like I could have scored so much lower.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

I'm not happy with how I scored, but I could have done worse.   A 4th of July three-day weekend of golf is in the books.

72.5CR 137 slope.....par72 course

Friday:  42-39=81

A disastrous 4-hole stretch of +6 killed the front nine. Two tee shots accounted for 4 of those strokes.

Saturday: 40-39=79

Played better than the score....an ice cold putter did me in.

Sunday: 39-37= 76

Same deal..... I'm not making any putts.  Today should have been around level par, but the putter is nowhere to be found.

Hey, at least I didn't try to celebrate Saturday night by lighting a mortar tube on top of my head!!  sheesh........i

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Overall a good weekend of golf for me, played the front 9 of my home course twice on Friday, shot a 45 and a 43.  Wasn't striking the ball particularly well but my putting was pretty solid and my misses were manageable for the most part.  Played a different course in the area on Sunday and shot an 86, odd day hole-to-hole, carded more pars then I ever had before (9 for the round) but also had more flat out disaster holes then I've had in awhile as well.  The extra work with the driver seems to really be paying off these last few rounds, the errant ones still cost me dearly on the scorecard but they're fewer of them and I've learned to just take my medicine when they occur and just get the ball back in play.

Saturday,

Kittyhawk GC (Hawk Course), Dayton, OH, Whites, CR: 70.6, SL: 125

50-51-101

Couldn't hit two consecutive decent shots. Playing by myself, it wasn't real long before the demons started talking to me and the my putting then went to hell. Not much constructive to take away from this stink fest.

Sunday,

Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH, Whites, CR:68.6, SL: 114

47-45-92

I might have played slightly better on this much easier golf course, but still struggled badly off the tee. Had a stretch on the back nine where the putts started dropping for pars, but the 17th was a disaster. A pulled drive seemed to carom off a tree and back into the fairway, but it was nowhere to be found when I got up there. The resulting 8 destroyed any hope at breaking 90.

I played in an individual match play tournament for the first time on Sunday. I needed to win the last 4 to tie but got 1/2 with 3 holes left so had to concede.  The guy was a  better golfer than me with a lot more experience, so I was quite happy with the way I played.

Played 9 more today, just had to get the sour taste of the last 4 holes from yesterday.

Horrible start with three 6s, finally figured out what was causing me to hook the ball (wasn't moving my weight through my swing properly) and proceeded to par 4 of the last 5 holes.

Ended up with a 44 to match what I did a few days ago, but unlike then I felt I could have shot much lower had I fixed myself earlier.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Played this morning and shot an 86, ties with my best ever!!   40-46 with 5 pars and 1 birdie.  69.9/121.

This is after playing this frony 9 yesterday in 52!

Played this morning and shot an 86, ties with my best ever!!   40-46 with 5 pars and 1 birdie.  69.9/121.    This is after playing this frony 9 yesterday in 52!

Congrats!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

44-38-82

Weird round. Got off to a bad start completely related to the putter through six holes, then figured something out and made everything after that.

Next round will be a qualifier for the Club Championship. I am trying to figure out whether to play up because my sh*tty handicap qualifies me for a flight that I haven't played in over 15 years.

Bill M

Finally.... I put together a solid round of golf!!  I didn't play any better tee to green than I have been, but I holed those inside of 10' putts to save pars and birdies when the opportunity presented themselves.

Par 72 Course......72.5CR and 137 Slope

38-34= 72  My best round of the year so far!!! B-)

1 bad swing/tee-shot cost me a double bogey on the 220yd par 3 sixth hole, but I made par on the other 8 holes.  I stayed clean on the back-9 and threw in 2 birdies to score -2 on the back.

Fairways: 9/14

Greens: 12

Putts: 29

SSaves: 1/1

Birdies: 2

The longest putt holed was inside of 10', but I made several in the 5'-10' range to keep the scoring going.  Fun Stuff!!   it's about darn time!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch