IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Country Club of Fairfax

Blue Tees - 6310 70.7/132  Par 71

38-36-74 

4 birdies, just missed a 5th and made one double (ugh - 3 putt) and 3 bogeys from inside 135 yds (double yuck).  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 + 43 =88!!! The stuff I figured out last week worked again this week and all of a sudden I look like I know how to play golf!! Yay me!

• Upvote 2

Two rounds in the last two days. Played yesterday with my son, and today with my wife. Played from the front tees with my 5 iron both days, so second shot distances were about what I'd normally get from a decent drive, just from the fairway instead of the rough (or woods :whistle:). Shot 94 and 96...I need a short game. But, even though my 5 iron tops out at about 160 (carry) off the tee, it was nice when my son asked, "Man, how do you hit it that far?" Had a great time both days!

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Played from the front tees again this morning using my 5 iron off the tee. Shot an 85 - 42/43 (par 73 - 36/37). Actually found a short game today. Putting distance was very good all day long. Had several from 10+ feet stop right next to the hole for a follow-up tap-in. Also, worked really hard on not being afraid of short pitches and chips and it paid off, for the most part.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

A 48 on the back nine of a local muni. Satisfied, despite lousy long iron play; scrambled the entire time in brutal heat and humidity.

Very hot days mean golf specials for anyone crazy enough to go outside. My home course was offering unlimited play to anyone booking an afternoon tee time: I played 27 holes before tapping out, shooting 95 for the full 18, then 47 on my second loop of the front nine. That 47 should have been three or four strokes lower, but I blew up on the seventh hole, picking up after carding an 8.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Played a club outing/tournament today after not hitting range balls for a little over a week (did some indoor, non-club-in-hand, practice though).  Shot an 88 from the tips of a course I hadn't seen since 2010, including a birdie.  7 GIR 5 near-GIR, plus hitting a green on a full swing for not-GIR and also two good-for-me shots to set up a short pitch to a 450 yard par-4.  Today was a good day. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I played early this morning (7 am) to avoid the heat and humidity.    It was a round that could have been.    I shot a 44 and a 43 but had 36 putts - 5 3 putts.    On the front, I hit 5 of 9 GIR but only 1 of 9 on the back.   I did hit 10 of 13 fairways in which I was pleased.   

The nice thing about being retired,  I can try again tomorrow, and the day after....

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Shot a 90 which is a good score for me.  It was a typical round as far as the stat goes.   I did "average" on all aspects of my golf - putting, chip & pitch, ball striking, etc..   How's that for a bogey golfer round?   Usually, one or two aspects of golf would stink with the rest of golf doing better.  Not today.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

+10, 82.  Didn't really do anything great, but didn't have any area of my game that was a complete disaster.  Had a shot at breaking 80 as I shot a 40 on the first 9, but faded on the last 3 holes due to missing some short putts.  I could blame the light as it was getting dark, but honestly it was just poor putting.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

77 for me. First time playing in 2 and a half weeks. 42-35. Shook a bit of rust of in the first 9 ha. 

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Played 18 this morning and shot a personal best of 75 (par 69). Not a long course, but when the driver behaves as it did for much of the round, I tend to have wedges into most holes. 4 penalty shots in two holes were infuriating - there's OB right on the 16th and I took on a 3W when I probably shouldn't have on the 15th. In my defence, I had to wait 5 minutes for a very slow three-ball (who never once tried to call us through) before my approach on the 15th and guess I just lost concentration. Otherwise, the swing was good, I chipped and putted well and generally made pretty good decisions and executed well. Utterly delighted, but it could have easily been better still. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1044688

To work on:

- Driving, still... No penalty shots is the aim and I want more of the excellent (280+) drives rather than the scabby 250s

- Partial wedge distances are still off - particularly 70-100 yards. Weirdly, I really dislike the feel of my SW and need to stop avoiding it. I suspect the club is a poor fit, but I will persevere until I get a full wedge overhaul later in the year - Christmas present, perhaps...

- GIR needs to improve, still - 39% is better than it has been, but I know I'm capable of more.

Still, woop :-D

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Milestone round for me today. 77 (36-41). First time breaking 80. Previous best was an 82. Still a little in shock. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, baw1 said:

Milestone round for me today. 77 (36-41). First time breaking 80. Previous best was an 82. Still a little in shock. 

Beat PR by 5 strokes?   That's sweet.  Congrats.

I played from the tips today and carded 98.  It was not a good idea when my driver wasn't working well.   Will have to straighten my driver before attempting to play from the tip.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

42 thru 9.  Then lightning, thunder, and rain.  Hot and cold with the putter: two three putts and four one putts.  5/7 fairways.  3/9 greens.  Could have been much better...or a lot worse.  Hit and rolled off 2, 3, 4, and 7.  One drive OB.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Shot an 83 on Saturday. 43 & 40. Very weird round, struggled out of the gate and putter wasn't cooperating but the back 9 (specifically the last 6 holes) I seemed to figure it out and played those even par. 

I had 40 total putts and was having a very tough time with distance control on the green. I know what I'll be working on this week!

I don’t usually play on Sundays and never mind Teeing off at noon but that’s what we did yesterday.

Really hot day but I shot 43/45 for an 88.  Just about the whole bag was producing but the putter was the weak link.  35 putts total and they all seemed to be missing by an inch to the left or shot an inch or two.  Probably should have warmed up before playing but we didn’t.

I think if you take away two duffed putts and one duffed chip I could have lowered my score by a few. 

Looking forward to next week already!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4