IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Could not follow up my PR round yesterday with another good round.  Instead, I carded my median score of 91.   Had one of the best short games in a long time, just needing 26 putts.   It was needed b/c my approach shots were going nowhere.  Ended up with only 2 GIRs.   3w led to 3 OBs and did all the damage to the round.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had another tournament last Saturday.

Kept up my good play of late, shot a 75 (+3) and finished T11. Putting was good, only 27 putts. Had 3 birds, 2 bogeys, and 2 doubles.

Wasn't sure what to expect since I played an early morning 9-holer last Wed, and shot +9 :) 

84 with 10 pars and 2 doubles.    Can't put into words how atrociously pitifully bad my putting was ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Solid round last saturday. 72 (even) on my home course (71,2 rating, wind 11 m/h, 12°C, really soft fairway´s avg distance 250 all carry). 9 par´s in the front. 6 par´s in the back, 2 birdies on 10th and 16th and a Dbogey on the 18th. Hit water with my driver, 4 iron to the side green bunker, no sand save. 8/14 FIR, 13 GIR. 4/5 up and down, 30 putts (no 3 putts). 

Better course management and fade/slice shots for more control from tee to green it´s paying of, drop 1 stroke in average for the last 15 rounds, from 4,5 over to 3,5 over.

Played yesterday from the Black Tee's.  We decided to try something different since we are out of the playoffs.  Pretty much screwing around.  However, shot really good without hitting a fairway :-(.  Missed everything right, however recovered very well.  Shot a 45 with a blowup on the 9.  Took an 8 after putting two in the water.  Hit the pin on 3 from 172 out dropped it about 15 feet.

I was striking the ball really good with every club other than my driver.  Hopefully, my fitting on Saturday will help with everything driver related.  Every shot was heely and a lot of spin.

Overall, very please with my game yesterday.  Need to work on the driving.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Duby27/round/1089812

Shot 87 (70.3/125) this past Saturday in Men's Club.  Handful of easy pars, drained one long birdie putt, and a couple nice up-&-downs from just off the green.  3 doubles in a row on 9,10, and 11 hurt after poor tee shots followed by poor approaches after punching out.  Decent day though, and still won a whopping $6 in our Nassau.  Looking forward to next round as always.    

- Bill

(edited)

Played best round of my life today with a 77 (40/37). 11/18 GIRs, 83% FW.  One 3-putt ;-)

I give all the credit to LSW & the 5 mins daily challenge.

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Shot a +3 68 on a par 65 executive course. Had 3 birdies. Hit 13 GIR. 18 nGIR. Unfortunately, I had 3 3 putts - all of which were really dumb. Of course, to balance that out, I had a birdie putt bounce into the cup that really should have been about 10 feet past. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Shot a 77.

Driver was safe, and steady. Ball striking for the most part was good, and I'm happy with the work I did on my swing the last few days. Hadn't played in awhile, and I made some really uncharacteristic short game errors that lead to doubles. 

Kept it in the ropes though, and had a good time.

i had a pretty sweet round today at least for myself anyway i shot a 41 on the front tying for my best 9 ever and i was aiming to break 85 for the third time this year coming into the last two holes i could par out for a 82 so i was pretty pumped i went up to the day shot one in the woods and lost my first ball of the day. i ended up TRIPLE bogeying the last two hole for a 88 which don't get me wrong is pretty good score for myself just not what i was hoping for. i also got two birdies.

Shot an 82 which is one stroke better than my average but it was ugly. 

The front 9 was really good and could have been great. Shot a 39 with a 6 hole stretch where I shot 1 I've with 3 pars, 2 birdies, and a double bogey that should have been w par but I 3 putted like an idiot. The next 12 holes really did me in though and ruined any chances I had of something memorable. I got in my own head. 

Mended my round w a chip in birdie which was nice though. My game felt super sharp yesterday except for putting around 4-7 feet. 

Someone a page or three back mentioned that many of us only seem to post the good rounds.  Well, I'm guilty, I admit it.   Last weekend I had 75-73 in the Senior Club Championship, I posted about that in the tournaments thread.  So Saturday, I went out in 37, but came in in 44, a frustrating 81.  We had a rain squall blow through, and I made 3 doubles in a row, but the rest was pretty good.  Then yesterday, 37-36 for another 73. I made two birdies on 6 foot putts, and had a good 6 or maybe 8 more chances from inside 15 feet.  Apparently my Friday night practice sessions focusing primarily on tempo and alignment are paying off, I feel comfortable on just about every shot.  No telling how long this can last, I'll just have to keep up my routine and enjoy the ride while I can.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Weird round yesterday.  OK score, 82 on a 72.4/127.  

Front 9 I was in 7 bunkers...7.  I don't think I've ever been in 7 bunkers for an entire 18.  2 fairway, 5 greenside.  Only 2 sandies, so that hurt, shot 43.

Back 9 ball-striking better, choking up on my driver and hitting it much more solidly.  Didn't reach 300 but did get one out there 295 on a 440-yd par 4 that usually eats my lunch.  And made it to the fringe on a 287 uphill par 4.

Things are looking up.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Seemed to be sleep walking through the first 7 holes at 7-over during Saturday morning Men's Club round...just bogey after bogey.  Lights came on after striping a nice tee shot on the 8th and managed par on 7 of the next 9.  Two bad decisions/shots in a row after a mediocre tee ball on the par-5 17th led to a triple and limped into the bar with an 85.  

Frustration from my poor finish quickly went away when my buddy got up and down from 30 yards out on the 18th to break 80 for the first time.  The bartender must've seen us celebrating because beers were already poured when we got inside...great day!    

- Bill

Started off terribly (I almost always do with an early morning round) and opened with a 50. Shot real well on the back to make up for it with a 41 for a 91. I was happy enough with it.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I shot a 73 playing a round of golf where I only hit driver 4 times. I would leave myself different yardages then I'm use to, and where I would club up for control. 

• Upvote 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot my best yet today on a course I had never played before at Champions Gate Orlando. So many shots I wished I had back and a few putts but shot a 105 from the whites. Closing in on 100. Had a blast with some great company will mention in my other threads including a 92 year old WWII fighter pilot 

Last week shot my worst round of the season, 47, on the toughest of the 4-9 holes courses my league plays.  Kept hitting my approach shots fat.  

Me and my opponent were the last 2 off and on hole 14 the foursome in front of us asked us to join them.  Well me and my opponent sort of reluctantly agreed and it turned into a bit of a goofy golf round.  We both played much worse after joining out fellow league mates.  We were the last group on the course, hence the six some.

Edited by Zekez