IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

69! on a Par 3 course lol. First time playing this cow pasture of a golf course. A few fun holes though...#10 over water with a green sloping hard towards it. Completely blind Tee Shot over water and trees on 17, and a tee shot over a grove of oaks on the finishing hole. I walked it on my lunch break. Ill play again...when its cooler. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not the same as a personal best, but our section at work had a 4 man best shot "Team Building" tournament Friday.  At my suggestion, they did a random drawing for teams instead of stacking a team like in the past.  I ended up to 2 of the 3 guys had some golf background.  Using the 2 putt rule, we were on in regulation or close enough to just pitch up and make the Putt.....  It went well, where at least 1 person had a good shot.

Birdie and bogey on both the front and back and Par for the rest - ending in an even par for the round...  Winning the "tournament".

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Buddy is a member at a private country club and as a favor since I’m getting married in 2 months he set me up with a tee time for me and 2 guys. He doesn’t even play. Opened with 3 straight 2 putt pars. Hit 6 greens on the front. Shot 4 over on front tho. Long wait at the turn for food, which I didn’t want to even stop, and after that it was a fight and scramble on every hole. Missed every green on the back. Got 2 up and down but wasn’t happy. Shot 83. Feel like I could have shot mid 70’s tho! Played the same ball all day tho which is noteworthy I guess.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot an 82 at Mill Creek South today, which is a stroke and a half better than my HI, and came away from the round feeling like I played like crap! I threw away strokes like crazy. But the course condition didn't help. 

I played there to get ready for a tourney that I'm playing in this Friday and Saturday, and if I make the cut, Sunday. I don't think I've ever seen the course in worse condition, and I've played there for 40+ years! This is not the place for my rant. I'll do that on the "Courses and Architecture" page.

Went back and played the course I played in high school for 4 years when I was on the golf team. Yea I know the course very well and clearly I didn’t forget the way the greens roll. 26 putts. 2 chip ins (eagle/bird) and went +3 39/ E 37 for a +3 76. Didn’t hit a lot of greens but I got up and down a lot. Only 6 GIR. Had a run of 4 straight up and downs to start the back. Hit the ball pretty well other than the fact I missed a ton of greens I feel I should have hit. No cell signal at the course so no access to my GPS app so all day I played on feel and experience. Luckily I played it so many times growing up which really aided club selection!

• Like 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot an 86. Usually play the blues but today they were teed up with the blacks. As with my last round, I can count the eff ups that led to me not sniffing 80 - including a par putt a half inch short and an approach shot with a bunch of chatter mid backswing. 

What I was most happy about is that I did that with a C driver all day. Didn’t have a slice the day and week before, but I brought it with me today haha. So instead of 260-280 drives I was 230, but making up for it. 

Most importantly, I stopped turning easy two putts into three putts by working on my distance/speed. Saved me a lot of frustration. And for the most part, I stopped overthinking shots and just committed to them, and that worked out pretty well. Felt nice for a change.

Shot 95 at Royal Golf Course in Slidell LA. Hit driver pretty good today,  I left at least 7 strokes on the green, putting was not good today. 

Played in my first tournament in a very long time this past weekend.  One round saturday and one round sunday.  Shot an 86 on Saturday.  Shot a 96 on Sunday.  Felt like I was hitting the ball decently.  Still getting used to my new irons so that probably didn't help as much.  Turned lots of center of the fairway with 140 in into chips and long putts for par. Also had a couple of blowup holes each day.  Had some great shots sprinkled here an there so not all bad.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

My league had an outing on Saturday which i was really excited for.  Beautiful weather, nice course, etc..

So....out of 26 league members only 8 showed up plus one of the guys friends so we had 9 golfers.  Whoopie!  We had to go out in threesomes and in my threesome was the one golfer who is the league jerk who is also the best golfer in the league.  He throws clubs, gets mad, etc..  not a joy to play with.  I didn't ride in the cart with him as i was the solo guy in the cart.  So that sucked too riding around all day by myself.

So my excitement level went way down.  It was still fun to golf, but nowhere near the fun I thought it was going to be.  Shot a 47-41 as I putted atrociously on the front 9 and my head just wasn't in the game. I did win a skin though, so i got a few bucks back. 
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zekez said:
My league had an outing on Saturday which i was really excited for.  Beautiful weather, nice course, etc..

So....out of 26 league members only 8 showed up plus one of the guys friends so we had 9 golfers.  Whoopie!  We had to go out in threesomes and in my threesome was the one golfer who is the league jerk who is also the best golfer in the league.  He throws clubs, gets mad, etc..  not a joy to play with.  I didn't ride in the cart with him as i was the solo guy in the cart.  So that sucked too riding around all day by myself.

So my excitement level went way down.  It was still fun to golf, but nowhere near the fun I thought it was going to be.  Shot a 47-41 as I putted atrociously on the front 9 and my head just wasn't in the game. I did win a skin though, so i got a few bucks back. 

We've all had those days where you get paired up with some tool who is just going to rub you the wrong way all day. Gotta love that feeling as you leave the teebox on Hole 1! Seems like I always take a month off after that happens.

• Like 1

105. Worst round in a long time but salvaged it a bit on the back 9 (I used salvaged generously). 57-48. Driver was rough today but still had a few holes where I put everything together. It’s not too much fun hitting 18 strokes worse than your last round...

11 minutes ago, Mesa4234 said:

105. Worst round in a long time but salvaged it a bit on the back 9 (I used salvaged generously). 57-48. Driver was rough today but still had a few holes where I put everything together. It’s not too much fun hitting 18 strokes worse than your last round...

I will say that I rounds like today, I try to look for positives. When I was just starting to play regularly this spring, it was a struggle to get to below 110. I had no control over my driver slice and I wouldn't be able to recover during a round. Today was a rough round, but there were positives and thats sometimes all you can ask for. I had 4 putts over 20 feet that either lipped out or ended up within 2 ft, and I was perfect from within 5 feet (which is something I have been working on), and I was able to figure out my drive on the back 9 and hit my longest drive ever on one hole (285 yard carry into a green side bunker on a short par 4). 

I need to work on hitting my new irons. I have only played two rounds with them and a couple of range sessions, and I am inconsistent, especially with the longer irons. Also, my wedges from around 80-100 out are just not that accurate. 

My last 3 rounds have been pretty much average for me. I averaged 4.56 strokes per hole. These were on really nice, but some what tough courses.

Very few birds, coupled with a few more double bogies. Most of the holes were either par, or bogie 1s.

I also averaged 31 putts per round.

My go to club for those rounds was my 7W. I used the hell out of it for various shots. 

I also owe some of those better scoring holes to my caddy for those three days of golf.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: