IGNORED

What Are Your 2016 Golf Goals? Official Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. develop a consistent slight draw ball flight

2. get to a 12

3. no 3-putts

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I want to beat my golf bud Jim at least once!

I hope to get some good scores under 90.

I have shot an 87, 2 88's and 89 once.  I am usually shooting around 92ish so mid 80's is my goal.

Of course it would help if I could practice and get out more than every 3 weeks.

Hey... dreaming's free!!!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

No pressure this year. I did have goals of dropping two more shots this year but have already gone up by 4.. :~(. Who knows what will happen rest of the year. I really have no idea and am not pressing much.

Anyway, hitting driver with a more consistency would be good. Oddly I am 12-15  yards longer off the tee this year already...

Vishal S.

On March 29, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Rainmaker said:

Played my first round today in 3 years.  Due to kids, life, etc . .I didn't manage to play any actual golf, but I still took a few lessons and practiced fairly regularly.  I made huge improvements in my swing over the last 3 years.  I got rid of my slice, my normal ball flight is a slight draw. I am not quite able to hit draws or fades on demand but I can curve it right or left on demand.  My driving distance went from around 160 (with a big slice) to around 220 (carry) and pretty straight.

After today's round, I decided that all I want to do in 2016 is get that swing going on the course.  When I played today . .I kind of *felt* like me from 3 years ago.  I even hit a big slice!  I shanked a bunch of shots.  Never really felt comfortable over anything.  I didn't let it bother me (after the second hole) . .I had a fun time and I was relaxed . . towards the end I hit some "ok" shots ...

I don't really pay attention to my shot height in practice because 90% of it is into a net.  When I do go to my local range, the tee area is up on a hill.  Anyway . .I noticed today my shots are going ridiculously high.  I hit a 50 degree wedge that flew about a hundred yards . .but looked like it went at least 150 yards high, lol.  It was overcast . .but we were like . .where the hell did it go?  and then PLOP, lol.

So . .obviously many things to think about . .for now I want to focus on playing more, getting comfortable on the course . .and getting some more of what I'm doing in my garage (and at the range and in my lessons) out onto the course.

Man. I've had a crackerjack first half of the year in terms of improvement!  I have to amend my goals for the year. 

1. Break 80 

2. Play enough to have a handicap

3. Have that handicap be less than 10.  

4.  Get my driver carry over 250  

5.  Hit more gir

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2016 at 11:50 AM, pecos24 said:

Goals for 2016:

1) Multiple rounds under 100. (I only did this once last season)

2) Get my handicap index under 26.

3) Improve my average driver distance to 220 yds.

For the first time in my life I have more than one round under 100 in a season.   Last Saturday I shot a personal best +21 92 and this Saturday I shot another personal best +20 92.  I think I should throw my clubs away now!  ;-)

After this last round my HI is trending 26.4 so I am headed in the right direction there.

I am failing miserably on #3.   Looking at my "Typical" drive on Game Golf this season, it is at 188yds.  I really need to get some range work in.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Here we go, it's my first post on here so hello everyone. My goals for 2016 are to finally break 100 and to go a full round without a 3-putt. I find my self in situations where my first putt is long and I can put it about 4-5 ft from the hole but can't finish there so I have been practicing my short putting a lot and am hoping that when I get my only 2-putt round I finally break 100.

Stay healthy, be a consistent ball striker (if I could stop trying to improve and change my swing) and get to a 10 cap.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Tee ball, tee ball and more tee ball.

I set out this year to hit fairways like a machine, and with more than one club, I wanted the tee box to be a point of confidence, not worry.

Putting has improved significantly.   Ball striking is same - no improvement at all.   Probably shorter distances as I'm trying to limit my backswing and focus on a smoother tempo to get better contact.     As such, I'm shooting in the 80-86 slot consistently - any improvement has been all putting.

For those that recall my well documented putting woe's ad nauseum ... I struggled so much with putting up to this year.    I'm on my 6th year now & have more playing time under my belt than anyone with a steady job has a right to.   It's finally coming around - making most 3-4 footers, a good percentage of 4-7 footers and at least a couple >7 feet every round.    Lag putting is fairly solid.    All I can attribute it to is reps / seat time - it apparently just took me longer than most guys to be able to putt even somewhat respectably (putting was always way behind the quality of the rest of my game) ... and I found a Ping Cadence counterbalance putter that I've cut to 36" and bonded with.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Understand have far I hit each club , better than I do now.  Wedges and low irons I am good with ,  once I am past a 7 it all runs together..

I am going to a pro to get a Gap analysis.  I need to stop[ coming up short.

Stephen T.

On April 24, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Chilli Dipper said:

I haven't played enough to justify keeping a handicap since 2011. I want to re-establish one this year: just five rounds with serious intentions.

image.png

Done.

Now I want to break 90. (It probably won't come on my home course, at first.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I just wanted to stay healthy. Didn't work out. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1.)  Join a club so I can practice/play more (Done!)

2.)  Develop/groove my ball-striking (making good progress so far!)

3.)  Primary focus is to develop a highly skilled short game - for it to be my #1 asset.

4.)  Enjoy my time on the course more, even when performing poorly.

BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Better ball striking with longer irons, in a nutshell. Got a decent drive most days, and good putting. 

Strangely, I'm happier with a round of good iron shots, irrespective of the scorecard.

Note: This thread is 2708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!