IGNORED

What driver and what irons do you use?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 2952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My driver is a Taylor made Burner 10.5 (a hand me down from my son) and my irons are Tour Blazers (30 year old Maxfli knock downs). I love all of them. I am a scratch player and can put the ball where I want. If I ever get new irons, they would be Mizunos.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, PEZGolf said:

My driver is a Taylor made Burner 10.5 (a hand me down from my son) and my irons are Tour Blazers (30 year old Maxfli knock downs). I love all of them. I am a scratch player and can put the ball where I want. If I ever get new irons, they would be Mizunos.

G30 driver and mx-25 irons. However, today my order was placed for some new g-30 irons and glide wedges. I like the mizunos but they are old, and I rented some g-20s in maui and loved them. During my fitting I really enjoyed the new irons so I am super stoked. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2012 Nike Vr-S driver (10.5°) - last generation before the cavity backed woods.

Mizuno JPX825 irons

Question for the OP ... if you are scratch, why not upgrade your gear ?    If I was that good, I'd surely  want the best gear / most modern technology available to get the best out of my game... but then again, at that level, it's the indian not the arrow.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

7 minutes ago, Smidd4 said:

G30 driver and mx-25 irons. However, today my order was placed for some new g-30 irons and glide wedges. I like the mizunos but they are old, and I rented some g-20s in maui and loved them. During my fitting I really enjoyed the new irons so I am super stoked. 

Best of luck.It is always a thrill to get new sticks!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

1 minute ago, PEZGolf said:

Best of luck.It is always a thrill to get new sticks!

Thank you sir, I am super excited. After they show up everything in the bag will be less than a year old. 

My driver is a Taylor Made R1, which I bought used for $80. 

My irons are Adams Idea, which I bought used for $200.  

I've thought about buying some new/fitted clubs, but at this point, I think lessons would be a better use of money.   Besides, I like these clubs.  

Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
Taylor Made RAC OS 3-9,P,S (regular)

Bought the whole set from a friend who was upgrading to R7 or R9.  Happy with the clubs though would be a lot better if I played more regularly

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Driver is a Ping G5 bought for £30 in nearly new condition this year.

Irons are Wilson Staff Di9 but have been practicing using a set of nearly new Titleist 695mb's that i was given by my father-in-law's boss after he quit.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

9 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

If I ever get new irons, they would be Mizunos.

What if the Mizuno irons are not the best fit for your game? I would keep an open mind. You never know what you might find out when you get fitted for irons. 

I have a 2009 Callaway Big Bertha driver and Mizuno MP 59 irons. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Cleveland Launcher 10.5* (small head, not sure on size, but not 460cc)

Callaway X-22 irons. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Titleist 975 JVS driver, Ping K15 3W, 5W, Pinhawk 4-LW.  All shafts are stiff.  I use a broken rake for a putter.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

12 hours ago, inthehole said:

2012 Nike Vr-S driver (10.5°) - last generation before the cavity backed woods.

Mizuno JPX825 irons

Question for the OP ... if you are scratch, why not upgrade your gear ?    If I was that good, I'd surely  want the best gear / most modern technology available to get the best out of my game... but then again, at that level, it's the indian not the arrow.

Agreed. I hesitate to buy new stuff thinking it's a 3rd order component at best. But a scratch golfer might see a few more birdies with the best wedges and drivers....

PS: I use the same driver Ricie Fowler does, but surprisingly I don't get the same kind of value out of it!:hmm:

Edited by gregsandiego

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

TM R11 driver with some Miyazaki tour issue exotic shaft. I keep trying to kick it out of the bag but can't. 

716 T-MB (2-4) and MB (5-P) irons. Just got them and they're just phenomenal. The AMT shaft (also tour issue) is fantastic. 

Titleist 910D2 driver, AP2 714 irons

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 2952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!