IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does Spieth seem to be playing faster?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, nevets88 said:

Does Spieth seem to be playing faster?

No, I just think the camera's on his group less so we're not seeing as much of the double reads etc.

• Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 minute ago, tdiii said:

Does DJ just not read greens well?  Stroke looks great but the ball just misses by so much so often. 

I wonder how well his putter fits him when I see misses like that, actually. 

Jordan makes his first par since hole 4.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

I wonder how well his putter fits him when I see misses like that, actually. 

I have exactly the same feeling about Rory - can't see how two guys who regularly miss putts that most others make both have blade putters with the thinnest grips imaginable. You've got to imagine that it contributes to their issues.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I went to eat, and Spieth was leading by five. What the hell happened?!?!

Although I was really hoping that Danny Willett would be the leader in the clubhouse, in the hopes that Nantz' call would include the line, "Willett be enough?"

• Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

11 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I feel bad for JS..  Oh well.

He'll have other chances. Could be a good learning experience on life not ending with one slip. Doesn't change the fact that he put himself in contention.

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What I don't understand about that hole is why was the 3rd shot so far back from the hazard instead of right up against the margin so you could take the water out of play with a really lofted shot?

Kevin

1 minute ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Jordan started the second nine 5-5-7 (bogey bogey quad).  It hurt. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just now, Chilli Dipper said:

Although I was really hoping that Danny Willett would be the leader in the clubhouse, in the hopes that Nantz' call would include the line, "Willett be enough?"

Rae's Creek has become selective in utilizing its unique gravitational abilities. It picked Spieth on 12.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just now, natureboy said:

What I don't understand about that hole is why was the 3rd shot so far back from the hazard instead of right up against the margin so you could take the water out of play with a really lofted shot?

I'm thinking he wanted a fuller swing to avoid another chunked chip like on 18 yesterday.

Just now, tdiii said:

I'm thinking he wanted a fuller swing to avoid another chunked chip like on 18 yesterday.

Isn't it that they have a specific drop zone?

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!