IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

1 minute ago, Braivo said:

A black man on trial doesn't want an all-white jury. A presidential candidate that advocates for building a wall to keep illegal Mexicans out doesn't want a Mexican judge. No story here.

We all want our stuff to be worth more except when it comes to tax time. No story here.

A man maximizes every advantage available to him within the context of existing laws. No story here. 

Um for the thousandth time the judge is an American with a proven record of fighting the same things Trump's imaginary wall is supposed to deter. Is it difficult to type wearing blinders? 

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Lihu said:

If they pay 10x, then by definition, that's what it's worth. :-)

Real Estate values are collectively subjective. Values can go up or down 10x easily. 

As the article said, an official golf course appraiser states that top end golf courses go for 25 million. Trump's golf course was valued near as such, and he cried foul because of the tax burden for it. Yet when he wants to value it himself he claims it's worth $246 million. 

Heck the Richmond County auditors GIS has the Augusta National Inc at $99 million. Trump is claiming his property is 2.4 x the value of Augusta National. 

No one overvalues a house by 10x what it is worth. If your home is worth $250,000 no one will pay $2.5 million for it. That's absurdity. 

16 minutes ago, Braivo said:

A presidential candidate that advocates for building a wall to keep illegal Mexicans out doesn't want a Mexican judge. No story here.

Lucky for Trump he didn't get a Mexican judge he got an American judge. 

16 minutes ago, Braivo said:

A man maximizes every advantage available to him within the context of existing laws. No story here. 

Except when it's fraudulent. Claiming his property is 10x what it's actually worth that is grossly misleading. He wouldn't do it otherwise unless it was for monetary benefit to him. 

He might be able to sell intangibles like great service, a top quality golf course, maybe existing celebrity members. Things you can not quantify but add value. 

To to claim a value that is grossly above what the course is worth, just for marketing purposes, so he can gain monetary benefit is fraud. 

What if I was to sell you a product. Lets say it's worth $10. I claim it's worth $100 and sell you on these wonderful qualities. Then I say I will sell it to you for $50. You think you are getting a great value at 50% off when I am getting a great value at 5x the actual value. That is fraud. I mislead you into believing the product was worth substantially more than it was for the purpose of gaining monetary value. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

21 minutes ago, Lihu said:

If they pay 10x, then by definition, that's what it's worth. :-)

Real Estate values are collectively subjective. Values can go up or down 10x easily. 

When that occurs, as in the 80's when the S&L crisis occurred because S&Ls and developers were in bed with each other and artificially flipping properties, sometimes 2-3X on the same day, people go to prison.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

14 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

As the article said, an official golf course appraiser states that top end golf courses go for 25 million. Trump's golf course was valued near as such, and he cried foul because of the tax burden for it. Yet when he wants to value it himself he claims it's worth $246 million. 

Heck the Richmond County auditors GIS has the Augusta National Inc at $99 million. Trump is claiming his property is 2.4 x the value of Augusta National. 

No one overvalues a house by 10x what it is worth. If your home is worth $250,000 no one will pay $2.5 million for it. That's absurdity. 

Lucky for Trump he didn't get a Mexican judge he got an American judge. 

Except when it's fraudulent. Claiming his property is 10x what it's actually worth that is grossly misleading. He wouldn't do it otherwise unless it was for monetary benefit to him. 

He might be able to sell intangibles like great service, a top quality golf course, maybe existing celebrity members. Things you can not quantify but add value. 

To to claim a value that is grossly above what the course is worth, just for marketing purposes, so he can gain monetary benefit is fraud. 

What if I was to sell you a product. Lets say it's worth $10. I claim it's worth $100 and sell you on these wonderful qualities. Then I say I will sell it to you for $50. You think you are getting a great value at 50% off when I am getting a great value at 5x the actual value. That is fraud. I mislead you into believing the product was worth substantially more than it was for the purpose of gaining monetary value. 

If someone buys it at 250M, then that's what it's worth. Plus, he adds Trump style improvements that turn goat tracks into resorts. Real estate speculation is not fraud. ;-)

8 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

When that occurs, as in the 80's when the S&L crisis occurred because S&Ls and developers were in bed with each other and artificially flipping properties, sometimes 2-3X on the same day, people go to prison.

Trump is not flipping properties daily as far as I know. ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

If someone buys it at 250M, then that's what it's worth. Real estate speculation is not fraud. ;-)

Speculation is the act of trading in an asset, or conducting a financial transaction, that has a significant risk of losing most or all of the initial outlay, in expectation of a substantial gain.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/speculation.asp

Real Estate speculation is basically flipping a property. A person would have to be willing to pay for the golf course at 10x it's value in hopes of selling it in the near future for substantial gains.

For this to be speculation you would need two idiots out there. One willing to not look up the actual value of Trump's property. Then to be willing to pay 10x value and assume they can flip it quickly for substantial gain. So they would need another idiot to not look up the actual value and think buying this golf course for something like 15x value is a good deal. 

Most people who speculate on a property are buying properties at or under market value in hopes of future development will allow them to sell the property for substantial gain. The key is substantial gain. You are not going to get substantial gain if you buy a property that is claimed to be 10x what it's actual worth is. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

39 minutes ago, Braivo said:

A black man on trial doesn't want an all-white jury. A presidential candidate that advocates for building a wall to keep illegal Mexicans out doesn't want a Mexican judge. No story here.

We all want our stuff to be worth more except when it comes to tax time. No story here.

Ummm.. Don't you mean a black man on trial doesn't want a "white" judge?  Your not exactly saying the same thing here..  So, yeah it is a story because if every black man said I only want a black judge and I said I only want a Muslim judge and the Mexican said he only wants a Mexican judge we wouldn't exactly be in the US would we?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

If there's ever a 3rd party candidate whose stances on issues I agree with and who has a legitimate chance I winning I wouldn't be against voting for them.

Except, for a 3rd party candidate to ever get to the point of having a chance at winning, a whole heck of a lot of people have to start supporting that person well BEFORE they get to that point.

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Speculation is the act of trading in an asset, or conducting a financial transaction, that has a significant risk of losing most or all of the initial outlay, in expectation of a substantial gain.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/speculation.asp

Real Estate speculation is basically flipping a property. A person would have to be willing to pay for the golf course at 10x it's value in hopes of selling it in the near future for substantial gains.

For this to be speculation you would need two idiots out there. One willing to not look up the actual value of Trump's property. Then to be willing to pay 10x value and assume they can flip it quickly for substantial gain. So they would need another idiot to not look up the actual value and think buying this golf course for something like 15x value is a good deal. 

Most people who speculate on a property are buying properties at or under market value in hopes of future development will allow them to sell the property for substantial gain. The key is substantial gain. You are not going to get substantial gain if you buy a property that is claimed to be 10x what it's actual worth is. 

Yeah, but he does make good improvements. He's pretty OCD about making them right too. So, if he paid 25M he likely added another 3 times the 25M in improvements or more. His management of the improvements could be worth 150M to someone? 250M is not that outrageous for someone who can afford it and not have to hassle with fixing the place up.

25M for a resort is nothing. You can't build any  accessible resort for that little anywhere in the world where it wouldn't flood or dry up.

Have you played a Trump course before? They're really nice. Everything is meticulous. He's definitely meticulous about getting things right.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Except, for a 3rd party candidate to ever get to the point of having a chance at winning, a whole heck of a lot of people have to start supporting that person well BEFORE they get to that point.

Luckily Gary Johnson is polling at 10-12% right now. If he gets to 15% they are added to the debates. I am hoping that happens if not just for the fun of seeing the GOP and Democrats have to deal with that unknown :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

19 hours ago, StevenR84 said:

Then say it for every judge, every time. The problem is, you can't. If Trump has a white judge of similar background, is it safe to assume that judge cannot impartially judge him because of his similar heritage? Insert this example for every race,religion,background. It would bring the judicial system to a halt.

He used to say Obama was from Kenya, until he was proven dead wrong. Seems funny now a days. DT was so adamant that he was right until he was not!
Although he does not refer to Carson as "African American", but he did call out a rally attendee for being "African American".

14 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

Why didn't Kasich get more primary votes, I love that guy. 

The clown show stole them, with flash lights and lies!

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

Using this logic, A Black man would not want a white man as POTUS, a man would not want a women as POTUS, and so forth and so on.

Except in your example you are factually in correct. The Judge is an America Judge or Mexican heritage, not a "Mexican Judge".
I guess using your rationale I am an Irish golfer???

Anyway another day, another great article on how Trump is full of it. What is sad is that people are still going to vote for him, knowing very well you have been fed a shovel of poo....

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/10/opinion/lord-of-the-lies.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0&referer=

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Trump is not flipping properties daily as far as I know. ;-)

Was not referring to Trump, but about fraud and real estate, even though some may want to connect the two. I am not getting involved with this race until late October. Thx. Good luck.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

14 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I am not getting involved with this race until late October. Thx. Good luck.

Good luck to you too! Remember to vote on November 9th. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

5 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Good luck to you too! Remember to vote on November 9th. :-D

Election Day is November 8. Do not wait until the 9th to go to your polling place.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

5 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Election Day is November 8. Do not wait until the 9th to go to your polling place.

Oh, yeah! ;-)

darn... :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Luckily Gary Johnson is polling at 10-12% right now. If he gets to 15% they are added to the debates. I am hoping that happens if not just for the fun of seeing the GOP and Democrats have to deal with that unknown :) 

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

I don't agree with all of this, but I'd be willing to support him just to get him into the debates.  One more option (this year of all years) can only be a good thing.

Where's the petition to sign to get them to include him in the debates???

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

I don't agree with all of this, but I'd be willing to support him just to get him into the debates.  One more option (this year of all years) can only be a good thing.

Where's the petition to sign to get them to include him in the debates???

"do no harm, then do what you want."

Another article about Johnson!

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gary-johnson-is-here-to-tell-you-youre-a-libertarian/

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

1 hour ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Shhhhhh....don't tell the Trump supporters!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I listened to the Joe Rogan podcast with Gary Johnson with high hopes, and to be honest, I thought he was kind of annoying and arrogant by the time it was over.  That said, I'd still love for him to be a part of the debates and I think he's much more reasonable than Trump from what I know about him.  If he had a chance, I'd at least consider him.

Back on the topic of Trump (sorry), I just came across this and the author sums up a lot of the points against him very well in my opinion:  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-to-donald-trump-from-a-wounded-marine_us_5759df51e4b0b6c496007949

Note: This thread is 2891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!