IGNORED

Orlando Golf Trip Recap....The best golf experience of my life.

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

wow, if you didn't have the pictures I wouldn't have believed you. this is almost like one of those TPC commercials where the average joe's locker is next to a tour pro and said pro walks in.

@kpaulhus, Sounds like an awesome trip. Meeting Arnold, what a once in a lifetime opportunity. Awesome stuff man. 

In 2013 and in 2015 I played in Orlando. I played OC Panther in 2015 and in 2013 I played Shingle Creek. I thought OC-Panther was a better course as well. Shingle Creek we played when it was wet and cart path only. I didn't find the course to warrant the top public course. It was good, but not that good. 

It's a bit of a trek, but if you are ever down there again give Southern Dunes a try. It's about 30 minutes south of Orlando. It's one of my favorite golf courses to play. 

Thanks for putting up a recap. This is going to make be break out my camera for my trip to Pinehurst next week. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Glad you had a great time while you were here.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us all about it!  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Next time we are in Orlando I'll give you a shout @David in FL

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

awesome read @kpaulhus. while I did manage to get an 8 on a par 4 and still go on to shoot 75 you forgot to mention your major melt down on #18 at bay hill (which I recorded). Also you forgot to mention that we had a bet on all 6 rounds for total strokes for the week. Going into the last round I was up 25 strokes. Now I know you like to forget these minor details from the trip, but do not worry I do not forget and I am delighted to share them with the members of the sand trap.

• Upvote 5

^ like I said...life long friends lol

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

31 minutes ago, Joe Guastella said:

you forgot to mention your major melt down on #18 at bay hill (which I recorded).

Go on ...... :)

(If you need help posting video, there are a number of us here that would love to assist) :P

What a great trip! Thanks for sharing. 

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

12 hours ago, jgreen85 said:

wow, if you didn't have the pictures I wouldn't have believed you. this is almost like one of those TPC commercials where the average joe's locker is next to a tour pro and said pro walks in.

@GolfLug is doing the rounds, because I just met/saw him to play a couple rounds this past weekend up here 850 miles farther north near DC, and when he pulled out the photos of Palmer (and the personal lesson from Breed) and told similar tales, I was similarly struck with a bit of disbelief at first. Very cool story at Bay Hill, and great trip overall!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

9 hours ago, Joe Guastella said:

awesome read @kpaulhus. while I did manage to get an 8 on a par 4 and still go on to shoot 75 you forgot to mention your major melt down on #18 at bay hill (which I recorded). Also you forgot to mention that we had a bet on all 6 rounds for total strokes for the week. Going into the last round I was up 25 strokes. Now I know you like to forget these minor details from the trip, but do not worry I do not forget and I am delighted to share them with the members of the sand trap.

This made me laugh out loud. I could totally see one of my friends creating an account on a site just to post something like this.

Sounds like an awesome trip!

- John

Sounds like an awesome trip!

9 hours ago, Joe Guastella said:

Welcome welcome!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

@kpaulhus, sounds like a great trip.  Like @RandallT said, we've already heard just a little of it, I'm glad all you guys had fun.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

10 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Go on ...... :)

(If you need help posting video, there are a number of us here that would love to assist) :P

The swing videos of me chunking then topping two balls into the lake on 18 have been deleted and shall never be seen lol.

Kyle Paulhus

...So after my two weeks of a whirlwind golf + work trips I am back to some normalcy. Just wanted to drop in thank @kpaulhus for arranging a fantastic trip. The courses were absolutely top notch, the group was sturdy and fun and the experience was worth memories of a lifetime.  

Of course, cannot say enough how much of a pleasure was it meeting Mr. Arnold Palmer. Certainly will treasure the moment forever. Also, met Michael Breed of Golf Channel fame and an impromptu diagnosis (courtesy of my new friends who threw me up to him for nothing more than entertainment purposes.. ha ha) of how my crazy-ass swing address and move worked. A genuinely nice fellow to meet in person.   

@kpaulhus,I am looking forward to more adventures next year!

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 2258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!