IGNORED

2016 Players Championship Discussion Thread

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

Mickelson,Reed,Willet and Fowler struggling to make the cut.

Throw in Spieth, and that's a good chunk of my fantasy lineup. I know Willett was doing well before the back 9 on Friday. He must've really blown it down the stretch. Bummer.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day setting a record for 36 holes. Good for him!

I would love to see him go wire-to-wire. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

22 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Day setting a record for 36 holes. Good for him!

I would love to see him go wire-to-wire. 

I'm hoping Rory goes low again today. It would be great to have him with in 2 shots going into tomorrow :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

14 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I'm hoping Rory goes low again today. It would be great to have him with in 2 shots going into tomorrow :) 

Agreed...I have nothing against Jason Day, but I always end up rooting for the leaders to fall back so more folks have a shot.

A Day-McIlroy final pairing would be amazing...

- John

Really disappointed to see the scoring as low as it's been. Was hoping to see more of a challenge. This has been a birdie fest so far. Reminds me of what Doral used to be like before they changed it up.

And PGA Tour Live cuts to a special guest...Blake Bortles.  I'm not even sure how they picked him out of the crowd.  It'd be hilarious if he came up to them.

- John

14 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

And PGA Tour Live cuts to a special guest...Blake Bortles.  I'm not even sure how they picked him out of the crowd.  It'd be hilarious if he came up to them.

Jacksonville (somehow) has an NFL team; of course the tour is going to plug their hometown QB until they panic and draft another one.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Nice 5 putt by Sergio, glad to see the pro's can mess up a round in one hole like I do.  

Joe Paradiso

15 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

He may be developing a case of Sergioitis!

He's really getting to that level, isn't he...makes me uncomfortable.

Colin P.

Here's an example of when I don't like The Grey Lady. Nice NYT. Jerks.

Colt Knost, a Golf Everyman, Makes the Beautiful People Take Notice

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/sports/golf/colt-knost-a-golf-everyman-makes-the-beautiful-people-take-notice.html?_r=0

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

We were talking about how soft the greens have been during the first two rounds, but they are suddenly looking seriously toasty. What difference a day makes.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I guess the PGA was a little embarrassed by the first two days of scoring. They decided to toast up the greens a bit. Some of them may be a little too out of control, though. Players are getting a good preview of Oakmont today at least

I read a piece in Golfdigest (The anonymous pro) that TPC plays diffenrently 50 weeks per year, only the that one week...

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/undercover-tour-pro-why-i-dont-like-playing-at-the-home-office

' I'm a fan of firm and fast, but there they bake out the fairways so much that it's Mickey Mouse. If your ball lands on the front-right fringe at 18, there's a good chance it'll kick all the way into the water over the green, which is just ridiculous. The course plays completely different the other 50 weeks a year.'

I do not know if that's true, I even do not know if it really is a pro speaking or just a GD ghost writer... 

i liked this tournament better when it was a birdie fest.  It's more fun to watch birdies and eagles than it is to see three putts and bogeys.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

10 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

i liked this tournament better when it was a birdie fest.  It's more fun to watch birdies and eagles than it is to see three putts and bogeys.

I love the element of danger. These players ate up the place for two days; the overconfident ones who thought this course couldn't hurt them are having putts roll ten feet past the hole now. Sawgrass is baring its teeth in these conditions.

• Upvote 1

Matsu put up a fantastic round, given the conditions. He'll be in the final group tomorrow, and he could be the man to watch.

Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!