IGNORED

What's the Best Product You Own? (Non-Golf Edition)

jamo
Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 things:
a) I have a 10+ year old Wenger Swiss Army watch  - been through at least 4 bands and ??? batteries. It is nicked up a little, but that just adds character.
b) 18.5" Weber smokey mountain charcoal smoker - homemade cooked ribs, brisket, pork shoulder, chicken, etc.

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill jump on the train of the Weber Smoky Mountain. Have had mine for 2 years, and it gets used at least twice a week. Ive won office cooking competitions on that thing, cooked for 115 people, and grilled some impressive steaks.

Also the money clamp Iacas gave me back in 2009 is still going strong. Worn, but still doing well.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I still have one of these watches. It is my second. My first lasted a dozen years or more and I used it for work and coaching soccer. I've had the second one about 5 years now.

3 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

Lol! I do indeed remember those commercials.

My dad had one years ago.  One fall/winter he realized he must have lost it somewhere.  That same winter, we had put down plastic in the old barn and made an ice rink.  The next spring when the ice melted, we found the watch under the plastic.  Underneath the ice, and through many below zero nights, the watch was still working.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

16 hours ago, 14ledo81 said:

My dad had one years ago.  One fall/winter he realized he must have lost it somewhere.  That same winter, we had put down plastic in the old barn and made an ice rink.  The next spring when the ice melted, we found the watch under the plastic.  Underneath the ice, and through many below zero nights, the watch was still working.

Now that should be their next commercial! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My Corvette and my Mapex drum set.

Got great deals on both.  Best 2 non golf buys by far!

Edited by Vinny Cap

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

On 8/25/2016 at 2:30 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Hopefully it was full of money. ;-)

For @dave s and @No Mulligans. This would be mine. I haven't found a band down here in Florida yet, but hopefully I will find one at some point. 

12111914_10208286678994268_6513414150071549214_n.jpg

Nice drum kit.  Experience tells me that simply by looking at your gear and its setup, you are likely a very good drummer. When I get to Tampa area, we can find a bass and keys player and make wondrous noise. :beer:

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

• 2 weeks later...

1966 Chrysler 300 I've been building for about 4 years.

66 Chrysler 300 black.jpg

Golf is like being married to a beautiful woman that can cook, change a flat tire and never turns you down. But   just for fun she slaps you around in public.

Food Saver. Vacuum packs food and triples the life of frozen food, at a minimum. We buy meat at Costco and ended up throwing a lot of it away because of freezer burn. Now we vacuum pack it and it never gets freezer burn or goes bad. Since the kids have moved out, almost anything you buy in bulk ends up going bad but not with the Food Saver. I can open a package of bacon and cook half of it, use the Food Saver for the rest and its good for weeks longer. You can get reusable zip top bags that work with it and cold cuts last twice as long. I bought a bunch of strawberries and blueberries at a farm market in New Jersey when they were in season months ago and you would think they were picked yesterday. 

Bill M

25 minutes ago, phan52 said:

Food Saver. Vacuum packs food and triples the life of frozen food, at a minimum. We buy meat at Costco and ended up throwing a lot of it away because of freezer burn. Now we vacuum pack it and it never gets freezer burn or goes bad. Since the kids have moved out, almost anything you buy in bulk ends up going bad but not with the Food Saver. I can open a package of bacon and cook half of it, use the Food Saver for the rest and its good for weeks longer. You can get reusable zip top bags that work with it and cold cuts last twice as long. I bought a bunch of strawberries and blueberries at a farm market in New Jersey when they were in season months ago and you would think they were picked yesterday. 

Have you ever tried cooking sous vide? Could get you even more out of that Food Saver.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

10 minutes ago, jamo said:

Have you ever tried cooking sous vide? Could get you even more out of that Food Saver.

My wife has looked into it but I like to grill. it just doesn't sound appetizing to me,

Bill M

There are not as many vehicles as I expected here.  My 2003 TrailBlazer that I bought new around Thanksgiving 2002 is still running great after 264,000 miles.  10+ years without a car payment has been nice.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

• 2 weeks later...

Slow Cooker. Its a godsend. Put chopped onion, red pepper, tin off chopped tomatos and sausages in. Sprinkle a spice mix in cover and switch to low heat for 8 hours. Get home from work and have a nice hot meal waiting

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

On 8/16/2016 at 11:00 AM, Dave2512 said:

5.11 TDU belts. I'm a picky guy when it comes to belts, underwear and socks if it isn't comfortable I feel off all day. Like to feel like I don't notice the belt and the 5.11 is the best $17.99 I've spent, think form fitting and pliable and you can walk through metal detectors without taking it off.

5640287583_e70abf6e31.jpg

I now have one based on your recommendation.  Great travel belt... 1) As you said you can go thru metal detectors and 2) It looks like it would never break, this thing will last longer than I will.  l never need to worry about a belt breaking when traveling.

However, I didn't realize that it's intended purpose is to hold a holster and pistol.  Regardless it's a great belt even without the holster and pistol.

• 3 months later...
On 9/9/2016 at 11:52 AM, jamo said:

Do you do the sous vide cooking, I'm thinking of getting one and starting.  I love the crockpot and use it a lot, but I wish they had one with a clock and timer.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

It's a 2003 Honda Accord that refuses to stop running.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

My now vintage Hardy LRH Lightweight fly reel that had about 1/8" of dust on the box in the shop that I purchased it from over 35 years ago.  It still works perfectly and will last another 100 years if cared for properly.  My second best buy was a Weber propane grill that still works great after 12 years staying outside for all 4 seasons.

Brass keychain fob I've owned for over 25 years.  I'll be buried with it.

Nothing special for anyone else to notice, but it's opened many a bottle and been a faithful lifelong companion.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

• Administrator

My wife would likely add the recent pressure cooker we bought. It's made so many meals and saved us from going out already so many times it's more than paid for itself, and the food is great, too:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!