IGNORED

Muhammad Ali has died

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 2882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

If you want to know what made him The Greatest, Deadspin has an extensive collection of classic Ali features.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Another great champion gone. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, this year just keeps on sucking.

Muhammad Ali Dies

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

More clips that are making the rounds:

The odds of me staying up all night watching Ali clips? Off the board.

Very sad to see him go, but at least his suffering has ended.  So many times as a child after cartoons ended on Saturdays there was ABCs Wide World Of Sports, and more often than not it would be shut off quickly, unless Ali was on with Howard Cosell calling the action.  

Rest in peace, champ.  You were, and always will be, the greatest.  

Corey

I am a former boxer and he has been my hero.  He has been a hero to humanity.  RIP Ali.

• Upvote 2

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'm not sure how many of you are old enough to remember the venom he got when he changed his name and later became a conscientious objector. It was intense. I am glad to see that has for the most part been forgotten.

Parkinson's is a hard disease. I know three people who have it. One of them was extremely bright and funny. The others are in the early stages. I'm glad Ali brought attention to the disease. A lot has been done, but more needs to be.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Self-written eulogy.  Last line is epic Ali.

IMG_20160604_102000.jpg

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I always liked Ali, he was a boxer and entertainer.  He knew how to promote a fight and get people interested in boxing.  He leaves behind a great legacy and will be missed by those of us who grew up watching him.  One thing about Ali, you always watched his fights, either to cheer him on to win or in hopes to see him lose.  RIP.  

Joe Paradiso

6 hours ago, Gunther said:

IMG_20160604_102000.jpg

Might have been two separate quotes, but I think this one was closer to his beliefs: "I'd like to be remembered as a black man who won the heavyweight title and who was humorous and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him and who helped as many of his people as he could — financially and also in their fight for freedom, justice and equality."
— Muhammad Ali

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Might have been two separate quotes, but I think this one was closer to his beliefs: "I'd like to be remembered as a black man who won the heavyweight title and who was humorous and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him and who helped as many of his people as he could — financially and also in their fight for freedom, justice and equality."
— Muhammad Ali

Dunno, I saw this on Twitter.  Either one ok by me.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

9 hours ago, Gunther said:

IMG_20160604_102000.jpg

That one's straight from his autobiography:

How I Would Like To Be Remembered
"I would like to be remembered as a man who won the heavyweight title three times, who was humorous, and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him, and who helped as many people as he could. As a man who stood up for his beliefs no matter what. As a man who tried to unite all humankind through faith and love. And if all that's too much, then I guess I'd settle for being remembered only as a great boxer who became a leader and a champion of his people. And I wouldn't even mind if folks forgot how pretty I was."

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/muhammad-ali-wrote-his-own-eulogy-and-its-obviously-just-perfect/

I was only around enough to see him as Parkinson's-ridden, but he lived a pretty damn incredible life.

Rest in peace.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

12 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I always liked Ali, he was a boxer and entertainer. 

I didn't like him much of his boxing carrer b/c of his trash talking ways.  I am an old school on that.  But he backed up his talks and was much more than a great boxer and entertainer.   He stood up for his belief, and hero to many across the world.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!