IGNORED

Stabbing someone who won't let you play through

imsys0042
Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sadly, its just another sign of the times......The 'I want it NOW!!!' crowd.  Run red lights because you don't want to wait, pass on the right in the bike lane when someone is turning left, pull out in front of someone when there is at least a 1/2 mile gap after them, only to turn at the next intersection.  Play golf like it was an Internet game with high speed access....me, Me, ME. No, no, no, not you, ME.

• Upvote 1

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bad grandpa!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Stabbing someone over slow play seems a bit extreme, hitting into them not so much. 

• Upvote 1

Golf is like being married to a beautiful woman that can cook, change a flat tire and never turns you down. But   just for fun she slaps you around in public.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

37 minutes ago, metbid said:

Sadly, its just another sign of the times......The 'I want it NOW!!!' crowd.  Run red lights because you don't want to wait, pass on the right in the bike lane when someone is turning left, pull out in front of someone when there is at least a 1/2 mile gap after them, only to turn at the next intersection.  Play golf like it was an Internet game with high speed access....me, Me, ME. No, no, no, not you, ME.

Well you have to stop and think, at 61 years of age this guy does not have all that much time to play golf before he takes a dirt nap. Geez, just let him though. Using a knife is a little over the top but there were times where our group had a shouting match with the group in front of us that was a hole and a half behind by the 8th hole. 

1 minute ago, shanksalot said:

Well you have to stop and think, at 61 years of age this guy does not have all that much time to play golf before he takes a dirt nap. Geez, just let him though. Using a knife is a little over the top but there were times where our group had a shouting match with the group in front of us that was a hole and a half behind by the 8th hole. 

Seems like letting people play through is always a good policy when there's a significant gap in front of your party.

Off topic, but somewhat relevant to current gun control laws just enacted in my state: I just hope that this crime doesn't invoke some "slow play" advocates from saying that all pocket knives should be banned. Seems like some would think the pocket knives are the problem. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

4 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Would have been better if one of the guys he tried to stab pulled a gun on him....

That would have been appropriate only if he tried to steal their clubs

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

What I want to know is . .how does a guy so unhinged that he stabs somebody for slow play make it to age 61 without having stabbed a bunch of people already?  Maybe we should check under his porch. 

edit - I always have a pocket knife on me at all times . . but it's not fer stabbin'. 

Edited by Rainmaker

1 hour ago, ol 3 putts said:

Stabbing someone over slow play seems a bit extreme, hitting into them not so much. 

:)

I usually sit in the middle of the fairway with my legs crossed or act like I'm taking a nap waiting on the slow group in front of me.  If that doesn't work I just skip the hole and leave them in the dust.

• Upvote 1

Our group got held up yesterday(3 ball) by a very slow 5 ball,the course was virtually empty and they had 2 clear holes in front of them.

It took them 3 holes to take the hint from the marshall but during these 3 holes I went 7,8,7.

No stabbings.

Edited by Scotsclaff

Old dudes are crazy, man. They don't give a shit, and honestly I think many of them believe that a judge will say, "Oh, he's just an old man. Here's a fine and don't stab anyone again, sir."

I haven't been in a fight in seventeen years, but on two occasions over the past ten years old guys have initiated confrontations with me. I'm not a big guy at 5'6", 150, so maybe they feel emboldened. But I will flat out whip your 75 year old ass, crazy old dudes.

One other mild confrontation (not one of the above) was at the grocery store. I was buying juice and cigarettes. The cashier has to go to the service area to get the smokes so I was waiting with my juice and this old guy behind me says "You know you can buy those at the service desk." And he's got this angry look in his eyes because I'm delaying his purchase of bread and milk. Yes, bread and milk, like a goddamn old man cliche.

"I didn't know that. Could I also buy my juice over there?"

He looks puzzled, but still angry. "I don't know," he says.

"Then I guess you're going to have wait, cowboy."

Man, he didn't like that. But I think I'll just be polite next time, since I don't want to get stabbed.

• Upvote 2

"Witty golf quote."

17 minutes ago, RGoosen said:

:)

I usually sit in the middle of the fairway with my legs crossed or act like I'm taking a nap waiting on the slow group in front of me.  If that doesn't work I just skip the hole and leave them in the dust.

I have literally laid down on the tee while I waited.... I've laid down on the golf cart seat multiple times while parked in the middle of the fairway. Neither of those had any effect though. Tonight it took almost 2 1/2 hours for me to play nine holes, but I was stuck behind a HS golf match so there was nothing I could do about it.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

The guy should have threatened the slow group with a gun, and claimed to be a cop!  He'd be a hero.

HaHaHa!

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe they can get that retired Oklahoma fire marshal to be the course marshal.  He draw down on anyone in those slow groups.

Golf is becoming increasingly more dangerous these days.  Gotta pick up a kevlar polo... lol.

John

I just want to know how the man got close enough to stab someone in the first place. I mean come on, it's a knife, not a sword. I have 14 weapons in my bag that have a reach advantage over a knife.

The victim's friend shouldn't have tackled the old guy. What he should have done is grabbed two irons and went into an Anakin Skywalker fit of dual wielding light saber rage to avenge his fallen comrade.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!