IGNORED

GAME GOLF Live now on sale! Worldwide!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thank you @iacas: most useful!  I think this device will find its way on my Santa list! :whistle:

Edited by sjduffers

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The original GameGolf unit is now on sale for $99.99 on Amazon.

The Live unit is only $10 more, but in case that $10 would make a difference to somebody, I thought I'd mention it.

• Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

7 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

The original GameGolf unit is now on sale for $99.99 on Amazon.

The Live unit is only $10 more, but in case that $10 would make a difference to somebody, I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks!  It never made sense that the older unit would be sold at a higher price than the Live unit... and now, it does not have to. ;)

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• 7 months later...

Amazon has the GameGolf Live as a Prime Day Deal for $99.99

• Upvote 2

Craig

• 5 months later...
44 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Game Golf Live is on sale again for $99
Game Golf Live Special

It's $88.00 on Amazon

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

NM Golf Beat me to it.  LOL

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

45 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

It's $88.00 on Amazon

Good lord, I've been holding off for a while about getting Game Golf so now it's a done deal!! Got two, one for my dad, one for me.  :beer:

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• 4 months later...

I got the Game Golf live for xmas and I have not been impressed with the drain on the phone battery during the round. Anyone else experiencing this? I didn't even get through the round with a fully charged phone.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

5 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I got the Game Golf live for xmas and I have not been impressed with the drain on the phone battery during the round. Anyone else experiencing this? I didn't even get through the round with a fully charged phone.

I notice a BIG difference depending on ambient temperature.

During the summer I can get through 18 holes with plenty of battery charge left to spare.  During our winter when I'm out in the 30s and 40s, I can't even get through 18 holes--it's dying on 16th hole or so, and that's playing in a little over 2 hours.  I though maybe my iPhone battery was one of the ones that needed to be replaced (with the Apple iOS kerfluffle non-issue), but as soon as the outdoor temp got back into the  60s and 70s this spring it's lasting as long as before.

(I did get a backup battery pack to keep in my golfbag the winter--for work reasons I really shouldn't be without a cell phone.)

Craig

27 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

You can use just the unit itself without being paired to the phone. Just turn it on and after a few minutes the light will change on the top once it acquires GPS lock, and youre good to go.

From GameGolf:

"GAME GOLF LIVE is GPS enabled so you can play your round of golf only using GAME GOLF LIVE without the need of a phone. You can check your phone at the end of your round of golf to upload the round to your GAME GOLF profile. To do this, when you get to the course, simply turn on the GAME GOLF LIVE device by pressing the GAME logo and it will pick up the golf course you are playing. From there, simply tag each shot and when you are done upload the round using the GAME GOLF app on your phone or computer. "

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

31 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I rarely look at my phone during the round while using Game Golf so it doesn't drain more than normal.  But if you are constantly looking at it for yardage or whatever the case may be, it will certainly drain faster.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Put your phone face down so the proximity sensor turns off the screen. Uses normal battery then, basically.

I use mine unpaired, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To deal with battery drain, I use a lipstick charger and a 2 inch cable.

31Nc5rgux8L.jpg

31glswraOAL._SX425_.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

39 minutes ago, klineka said:

You can use just the unit itself without being paired to the phone. Just turn it on and after a few minutes the light will change on the top once it acquires GPS lock, and youre good to go.

I know this, I had the original GG.

37 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I rarely look at my phone during the round while using Game Golf so it doesn't drain more than normal.  But if you are constantly looking at it for yardage or whatever the case may be, it will certainly drain faster.

Actually I didn't look at it very much. Just checked it periodically to see a club distance and whether or not I tagged a shot.

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Put your phone face down so the proximity sensor turns off the screen. Uses normal battery then, basically.

I use mine unpaired, though.

This phone has a button to shut off the screen which I hit almost every time I set it down as to avoid any accidental button presses as well well as battery conservation.

This all being said, I am not sure what or why there is so much battery drain. GPS is primarily coming from the GG and the app should not draw anymore than a normal app. I use bluetooth transfer of music all the time without this much drag. Wonder if there is a some sort of error loop going on. The one thing I thought of that might be causing some excess drain is the location of this particular golf course I am at. I may be in a roaming area.

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

To deal with battery drain, I use a lipstick charger and a 2 inch cable.

31Nc5rgux8L.jpg

31glswraOAL._SX425_.jpg

I really don't want to carry another thing around if I don't have to.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

Is it Android?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!