IGNORED

How Many Rounds Have You Played This Year?

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought I saw this topic before, but doing a search I couldn't find it.

I play a lot of golf, kids are gone, wife plays, what else is there to do?  So I looked at my rounds for the year and I have 154 posted rounds on GHIN.   I probably have another 10-15 rounds that I couldn't post due to playing solo.  Most rounds by me in a year and the year isn't over yet.   :-D

Would love to get to 175 posted rounds.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 with 2-3 to go....and this is most golf I've ever played in a year. I usually average somewhere between 10-12/yr over the past 20 yrs

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I am a few short of 110 so far this year.  How many more depends entirely on the weather.  68 posted to my handicap with the balance solo, out of season or flawed in some other way (alternate shot, etc...).  18 of the rounds were "T".

Brian Kuehn

23 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I play a lot of golf, kids are gone, wife plays, what else is there to do?  So I looked at my rounds for the year and I have 154 posted rounds on GHIN.   I probably have another 10-15 rounds that I couldn't post due to playing solo.  Most rounds by me in a year and the year isn't over yet.   :-D

Would love to get to 175 posted rounds.  

2 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I am a few short of 110 so far this year.  How many more depends entirely on the weather. 

I can't imaging having the ability to play that much golf! Sooooo jealous :-P

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

52 posted for handicap, probably 8 - 10 practice rounds and 10 out of season rounds, so about 70 rounds for 2016.  

Joe Paradiso

87 so far.  Probably another 20 by year end.  About normal for me.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I play a lot of solo golf, so I have no way to keep count. I'd guess it to be around 70 rounds give or take 10. If the weather cooperates, I might get another 5-10 in by the end of the year.

Not sure, but what ever the number is, it's not high enough. Had a few too many physical set backs this past year, and already had another one to start my new year off. 

My golf year is something like October 1st to September 30th, with a few days off in between. 

I figure I'd like to average some where between 100, and 130 rounds a year. I probably got in 70-80 last year. These are full rounds, and would not include 9 holers, and/or practice sessions. Maybe 6.5K-7K recorded golf swings if you want to look at it that way. Maybe 10K swings over all. 

I also like to play as many different courses as I can during my own season. That number is usually in the 20-30 range some where. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I have 18 posted rounds but most of those are combined 9 hole rounds and it doesn't include my solo rounds or rounds where some knucklehead lost the scorecard on the way back to the clubhouse (I don't have a great memory for scores, especially if it was match play). I'd guess 25 total 18-hole rounds at most.

70-80 rounds. I played a lot in March and April this year before the handicap season. Only a few sporadic rounds left for me this year. I'm probably down 25% or so from last year.

Jeez, and I thought I was starting to get serious about golf.  I've been out of college for a little over a year now, so even though I've been playing for a few years, I never really had the time or the money to play more than 4-5 rounds per year.  I've probably got around 25 rounds in this year.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

21 - 9 hole rounds (mostly league)

10 - 18 hole tournament rounds

14 - 18 hole casual rounds

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Here are my rounds per month to-date:

Jan 3
Feb 3
Mar 22
Apr 17
May 20
Jun 22
Jul 21
Aug 18
Sep 14
Oct 12
Nov 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I have 68 rounds posted to Ghin, plus the 8 rounds I played in Ireland, for 76 so far.  There were also a number of 9-holers that didn't get posted, since many of our Tuesday evening men's league rounds were non-postable formats, and there were at least 2 or 3 scrambles along the way.  With the good weather seeming to continue, and my Thanksgiving week in Pinehurst, I'll probably be around 90 at the end of the year.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

@GAME GOLF says 49. So… about 55-ish. I almost always have that if I consider what I'm doing "playing golf." Occasionally I don't if I'm playing with @NatalieB or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

nine recorded. There may have been 2 or 3 others (best ball/practice scenario) where I did not keep score.

I only started playing again in July in earnest after reconstructing a lost spread sheet. Index has gone down from 20 to 17.9 with a low of 16.  It will be tough to keep it this low now as each two rounds adds another "line" to average in. If I am fortunate enough to post even lower rounds, I should be alright as the newer rounds will "bump" the higher ones down the chart until they eventually drop off. The lowest raw score was 85. Last year the lowest was 78.

Maybe my new grips will help. (wishful thinking). 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 2686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!